ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 791
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137537 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:52 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know, guys. My new special armchair GM plan is to tag and trade Ford, receiving a #2 (or conceivably a late #1), Cut Houston, sign Trey Flowers to a 4 or 5 year deal for around $16 m per. Sign a KJ Wright type to play SAM. Rule the 2019 draft with four picks in the first two rounds. Take two CB's and a S. Profit.
And another DL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:55 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
And another DL.
Sure, yeah. But a mid round developmental guy is ok there, as your starters are set, and youngish.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:04 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
we were just focusing on different aspects of an argument that doesn't matter anyway going forward. That's why we moved on. :-)
Kisses
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:06 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m okay with that as it’s one year and Ford wasn’t being paid big money.

We have Tanoh and Speaks. Draft another pass rusher as insurance and it won’t be a problem bc those three are cheap.
You're okay with having Ford go down and eating up $15M of the cap in 2019?

I guess there's always next year!
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:08 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The chances of him going down with an injury are no better than the chances of the 2nd round pick you get for him just straight up sucking. If you factor in the idea of a second round pick sucking for only next year the odds are even better. It's a better risk to keep Ford with the franchise and play again next year.

I have zero faith in second round picks, and people already crowning SPEAKS? Lmao. He has shown nothing so far. Speaks. KPass. Some phantom free agent pick up. Some 2nd or 3rd rounder coming in and doing what Ford can do. These are ALL calculated risks.

Keep Ford. Draft a corner. Draft a safety. Landon Collins is not the difference between a top defense and a bad one. His position just doesn't have the impact that a pass rusher has. Safeties are a cheap market right now. I love Collins but he isn't worth it.
You're discounting the fact that Ford will also eat up the cap to the tune of his base salary. There is no relief in 2019. If you tag and keep him, you're likely not just giving up on a 2nd rounder. You're giving up on a 2nd rounder and TWO free agents for that kind of money. If he goes down with an injury, and his history suggests it's much more likely that you're willing to admit, the defense is right back where it was before 2018 and the team isn't going to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:10 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So Indy, also adapting into a 4-3, thinks Ford is going to put them over the top even though Ballard knows all about him? so people in this thread know more than Ballard?

I guess my point is, if Dee Ford is so valuable to Indy that Ballard (candidate for GM of the year) is willing to pay a high draft pick for him then my opinion is Ballard knows more than all of you and we should definitely keep Ford.
Ford's value is different to Indy than it is to the Chiefs. The Colts could sign him to a 4-year deal that pays him $15M guaranteed and counts less than $5M against their 2019 cap. If he gets hurt in 2019, they have 3 more years to get production out of him.

The Chiefs are going to give him $15M guaranteed, it's ALL going to count against the 2019 cap, and if he goes down with an injury, they get screwed, Eric Berry style...
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:12 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No. If another team signs him, we get picks.
So then you don't really want to KEEP him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:13 PM 02-19-2019
Ford is really interesting this year. By many (or all) accounts, he plays too high against the run. I wonder if starting with his hand in the dirt would help him keep that lower leverage and improve his run defense.

He could easily have a 15 sack season this year, then go get stupid money. And the team does have to keep their window in mind. Personally, I'm really hoping they can keep Houston, because I think he's about to have a MAJOR comeback year.

Regardless, all things are about helping Mahomes, so I don't care about a single defensive player if they get too expensive.
:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:14 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Then we waste 3years of that small qb contract
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:15 PM 02-19-2019
So then you don't really want to KEEP him?
Nope
[Reply]
RunKC 06:16 PM 02-19-2019

Far better than an aging player who is constantly fighting injury and is paid $21 million.

It’s time to ditch the old brokedicks. Ford can stay for one more year bc he isn’t old yet and $15 million is a bargain compared to what other pass rushers are about to get on the open market next month.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:18 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Then we waste 3years of that small qb contract
Exactly why keeping Ford is silly. Tag him and do whatever it takes to trade him. You're chewing up over 10% of the 2019 cap on a guy that isn't dependable at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:18 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Far better than an aging player who is constantly fighting injury and is paid $21 million.

It’s time to ditch the old brokedicks. Ford can stay for one more year bc he isn’t old yet and $15 million is a bargain compared to what other pass rushers are about to get on the open market next month.
Ford is the definition of brokedick. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:19 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Kisses
gross
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:19 PM 02-19-2019
Regardless, all things are about helping Mahomes, so I don't care about a single defensive player if they get too expensive.
Fuck it then - let's draft Deebo Samuel in the 2nd!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 791
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137537 > Last »
Up