ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 791
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134534 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:44 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Houston is sandbagging. He had 4 less sacks and the same number of FF as Dee Ford over the last half of the season, despite playing in 2 less games. :-)
Yeah. The things said around here sometimes. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:45 PM 02-19-2019
He's literally never strung together healthy seasons two years in a row. But we're going to count on him doing it now, 6 years into his career.
How many guys are going to play 16 games per year every year though? Not really in terms of Ford discussion here, but just in general?

I've always kind of felt if you play any position other than qb, as long as you're playing 14 games per year, you're in good shape. With Football, especially playing defense in the front 7, you're gonna have injuries. Just the nature of it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:45 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yeah. The things said around here sometimes. :-)
Dee Ford had 4 sacks against the Seahawks, otherwise he had basically the SAME year as Ford did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:48 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
How many guys are going to play 16 games per year every year though? Not really in terms of Ford discussion here, but just in general?

I've always kind of felt if you play any position other than qb, as long as you're playing 14 games per year, you're in good shape. With Football, especially playing defense in the front 7, you're gonna have injuries. Just the nature of it.
How many guys are going to have as many injuries as Dee Ford though? As I've said repeatedly, he's not just injured. He's one of the most injured players in the NFL over the last 5 years and projects in the top 20 most likely to get injured players in the NFL in 2019.

I'll have to see if I can find the websites again.

Look at it this way:

There's always a chance your car will break down. All cars break down eventually. But if you're going to be driving across the country 1500 miles, are you setting out in the car that's never been in the shop, or the one that's been in the shop at least once every year since you've owned it?

And to take it one step further...

If both cars are sitting on the lot, which one do you buy?
[Reply]
RunKC 04:48 PM 02-19-2019
He's literally never strung together healthy seasons two years in a row. But we're going to count on him doing it now, 6 years into his career.
It’s obvious they have to choose one of them.

Houston is 30, he hasn’t had double digit sacks since he got paid, he’s noticeably declining in speed from his knee injury and he’s taking plays off bc he already got paid.

Ford is easily the better player right now and he’s hungry for his own payday. It’s a risk, but it’s only one season. The franchise tag was created for this exact situation.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:49 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Spags system is based on creating pressure with the front 4 and some of you think we’re gonna release 2/3 of our best pass rushers.
2 guys, one position. Both wildly expensive, both lengthy injury histories.

Houston is miscast as a 4-3 SAM, which won't rush the passer very often. Both really could only fit as RDE's. Neither is a LDE in a 4-3 where they're both too light by a long shot.

Both could be plus players as pass rushers from the RDE spot. Ford is a liability against the run there.

Certainly one of them is gone; and you could make an argument that you could replace one of them with a better suited, all around type player in FA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:50 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s obvious they have to choose one of them.

Houston is 30, he hasn’t had double digit sacks since he got paid, he’s noticeably declining in speed from his knee injury and he’s taking plays off bc he already got paid.

Ford is easily the better player right now and he’s hungry for his own payday. It’s a risk, but it’s only one season. The franchise tag was created for this exact situation.
And if Ford goes down with an injury, that's a guaranteed $15M wasted and 2019 will be yet another year of "almost but not quite".
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:50 PM 02-19-2019
Dee Ford had 4 sacks against the Seahawks, otherwise he had basically the SAME year as Ford did.
Well I would expect ford to have the same year as ford regaurdless...:-):-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:50 PM 02-19-2019
Your argument, in its entirety, is based on the foundation that you are convinced that Dee Ford will get injured again. It's a total guess. I mean, he could. He also couldn't. If he stays healthy, keeping him is far and away the best option.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:52 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I would think it's more like definitely.
you're not getting Collins for a #2. He's too young and too good.

You might get Ford for a #2; with his injury history he's a bit of a risk but if you have cap room to absorb his salary, he's worth taking a chance on for a 3-4 team. For a 4-3 team? ehhhhh...he kind of fits but is a liability against the run.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:52 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Your argument, in its entirety, is based on the foundation that you are convinced that Dee Ford will get injured again. It's a total guess. I mean, he could. He also couldn't. If he stays healthy, keeping him is far and away the best option.
It's not a guess. It's based on the entirety of his career. He's had almost a full decade of history of not staying healthy.

I mean, if you want to pretend his injury history is irrelevant, I guess that's on you.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:54 PM 02-19-2019
And if Ford goes down with an injury, that's a guaranteed $15M wasted and 2019 will be yet another year of "almost but not quite".
I’m okay with that as it’s one year and Ford wasn’t being paid big money.

We have Tanoh and Speaks. Draft another pass rusher as insurance and it won’t be a problem bc those three are cheap.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:54 PM 02-19-2019
just a thought on CB's vs. S in free agency-

Steven Nelson is going to get like $12 million per.

Landon Collins' franchise tag will be like $12 million.

Which would you rather have?

We're going to have to draft CB's and roll with youngsters.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:56 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
just a thought on CB's vs. S in free agency-

Steven Nelson is going to get like $12 million per.

Landon Collins' franchise tag will be like $12 million.

Which would you rather have?

We're going to have to draft CB's and roll with youngsters.
Exactly my thought on CB. Has to be through the draft.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:01 PM 02-19-2019
The chances of him going down with an injury are no better than the chances of the 2nd round pick you get for him just straight up sucking. If you factor in the idea of a second round pick sucking for only next year the odds are even better. It's a better risk to keep Ford with the franchise and play again next year.

I have zero faith in second round picks, and people already crowning SPEAKS? Lmao. He has shown nothing so far. Speaks. KPass. Some phantom free agent pick up. Some 2nd or 3rd rounder coming in and doing what Ford can do. These are ALL calculated risks.

Keep Ford. Draft a corner. Draft a safety. Landon Collins is not the difference between a top defense and a bad one. His position just doesn't have the impact that a pass rusher has. Safeties are a cheap market right now. I love Collins but he isn't worth it.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 791
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134534 > Last »
Up