ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1383 of 2694
« First < 38388312831333137313791380138113821383 138413851386138713931433148318832383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
chinaski 09:30 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
#MVPat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has the natural talent and all that, but his dedication and hard work ethic are EXCEPTIONAL.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:36 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I think good coaching can make a huge difference.

Simply replacing the defensive coordinator rarely does.

CLEAN

HOUSE
I think the good DCs have a plan with what players they have. Bob seems to always have a bad plan. He's terrible.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 09:38 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
He has the natural talent and all that, but his dedication and hard work ethic are EXCEPTIONAL.
I honestly feel this season is just the tip of the iceberg. This kid is going to get better next year and after.

Or maybe he has peaked. Can anyone really tell. I just feel he has room and the capability to get even better.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:43 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
I honestly feel this season is just the tip of the iceberg. This kid is going to get better next year and after.

Or maybe he has peaked. Can anyone really tell. I just feel he has room and the capability to get even better.
Mahomes is already the best QB I have ever seen. Considering it is his 2nd year, I don't think he has peaked at all. Hopefully, Veech can build a team around him year in and year out.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 09:48 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes is already the best QB I have ever seen. Considering it is his 2nd year, I don't think he has peaked at all. Hopefully, Veech can build a team around him year in and year out.
Yeah maybe he can learn to read defenses better but honestly nothing has really fazed him so far. He has already showed a lot, maybe he will learn some more tricks.

I am surprised to say actually the only part he needs improvement is his long passes to receivers running downfield . Something like Wilson's vertical pass that hit the receiver straight in the bread basket. Mahomes has overthrown or straight up missed on those quite a bit.
[Reply]
bowener 10:02 AM 12-28-2018

Physically I do not think he can improve. He is possibly never going to have a more productive year scoring wise, but that is ok. I think he will forever be a 45TD a year guy with 5-10INTs.

However, what is more important going forward is his education and understanding of the game and the offense. I think by year 3 Andy turns over the play calling to Mahomes on 80% of the plays. I think he becomes Peyton Manning. He won't just audible from a play, he will stand in the huddle and decide what they are going to do with the advice of Andy for that situation.

That is when he becomes incredible and untouchable. He will personally control the flow of the entire game like Manning did. Defense is gassed? Ok, he will start dragging the drive out if possible. Down a score with 4 minutes left? Perfect, he'll make sure they score with no time left as Manning would frustratingly do, and Brady has perfected.

He will be the reason the Chiefs finally overcome Andy's shortsightedness and terrible clock management. He will see the entire game understand what is best at that moment and do it. Maybe I should compare him to Brady more than Manning. Brady seems to fully grasp every single variable in a game and what needs to be done.

Either way, the Chiefs have the heir to Manning and Brady.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:17 AM 12-28-2018
Yeah maybe he can learn to read defenses better but honestly nothing has really fazed him so far. He has already showed a lot, maybe he will learn some more tricks.

I am surprised to say actually the only part he needs improvement is his long passes to receivers running downfield . Something like Wilson's vertical pass that hit the receiver straight in the bread basket. Mahomes has overthrown or straight up missed on those quite a bit.
Yeah, the long pass thing has been a problem. Part of that has been miscommunication. Last week it looked like Kelce slowed up for some reason. If he just keeps running it hits him in the chest. That little hesitation really hurt. Tyreek has made sudden turns off his routes as well, plus dropped a couple of deep ones. It is a fine line between leading the receiver too much while hoping he stays at the same speed or throwing exactly where he is and risking it knocked away or intercepted.

Wilson has two sure-handed receivers that are excellent at tracking the ball, plus a lot more years experience throwing it. He was "On" that game for sure. I think Mahomes will develop more touch on deep throws as he gets more games under his belt.
[Reply]
bowener 02:27 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yeah, the long pass thing has been a problem. Part of that has been miscommunication. Last week it looked like Kelce slowed up for some reason. If he just keeps running it hits him in the chest. That little hesitation really hurt. Tyreek has made sudden turns off his routes as well, plus dropped a couple of deep ones. It is a fine line between leading the receiver too much while hoping he stays at the same speed or throwing exactly where he is and risking it knocked away or intercepted.

Wilson has two sure-handed receivers that are excellent at tracking the ball, plus a lot more years experience throwing it. He was "On" that game for sure. I think Mahomes will develop more touch on deep throws as he gets more games under his belt.
Think about how dangerous this offense has been all season, then think about the fact that they haven't taken advantage of those open deep balls. If they suddenly start connecting those on a regular basis... holy shit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:25 AM 12-29-2018
The WOW factor.

https://youtu.be/V_doprKay3E
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:53 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The WOW factor.

https://youtu.be/V_doprKay3E
Lots of shitty Non- Mahomes lowlights in there.

PM has been running for his life most of the season. Need to shore that O-line up. :-)
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:36 PM 12-29-2018

Patrick Mahomes coming into week 17
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:26 PM 12-29-2018
Great tweet by Seth Keysor in August. The projections are comical.

https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/...939491328?s=21
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:49 PM 12-29-2018
LOL at all the weirdos who predicted completion percentages barely above 50%.

Those morons must have believed he had the throwing accuracy of fucking Tim Tebow
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:17 PM 12-29-2018
Anyone have a cool iPhone wallpaper of Patrick Mahomes?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:21 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Anyone have a cool iPhone wallpaper of Patrick Mahomes?
https://www.google.com/search?q=patr...=2560&bih=1297
[Reply]
Page 1383 of 2694
« First < 38388312831333137313791380138113821383 138413851386138713931433148318832383 > Last »
Up