ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Home Depot vs Lowe's
Home Depot 45 49.45%
Lowe's 44 48.35%
I don't go out shopping 2 2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Home Depot vs Lowe's.
lewdog 02:25 PM 11-22-2020
I love the offseason!

Where does your loyalty stand between the two? Do you notice a difference for certain items? Do you mainly stick to shopping at one?

Poll!!!!
[Reply]
Frazod 04:12 PM 11-22-2020
Well, I just found another reason to shop at Home Depot. Thanks, George!
[Reply]
PRIEST 04:16 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Home Depot. Lowe's is for women.
This ^^^^^
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:17 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This may be my subconscious, but Lowe’s seems nicer and more comfy. I like the blue scheme and I hate orange, likely because of the Broncos. Like **** the color orange.
I hadn't thought about it like that but maybe that's why I go to Lowes and avoid HD. Fuck the Donkeys!
[Reply]
eDave 04:17 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I just found another reason to shop at Home Depot. Thanks, George!
Home Depot's practice of using tilt-up construction might dissuade you.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:19 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I have credit cards and have bought from both. I like Lowe's corporate stewardship better. HD is owned by a guy I don't agree with politically (let's say that instead). Lowe's does community outreach and gives back. So I haven't bought anything from HD in about two years.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/74017...port-for-trump

And I boycott Menards. They treat their employees like shit and are a major polluter.
https://www.wisdc.org/news/press-rel...rary-doctorate

My favorite hardware store in KC is Strasser's True Value and they have just about everything for Hardware. I also like Ace Hardware because they are independently owned franchisees. More like a mom and pop.
Does Lowe’s give you a discount on feminine hygiene products and high-horse saddles as well?
[Reply]
eDave 04:20 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by PRIEST:
This ^^^^^
Careful there. warrior has taken great offence from this.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:22 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Does Lowe’s give you a discount on feminine hygiene products and high-horse saddles as well?
Six months same as cash MFer....
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:23 PM 11-22-2020
The Lowe’s around here are all next to Walmart’s which I find annoying, especially with the shared color scheme and my desire to avoid Walmart.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:25 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Lowe’s around here are all next to Walmart’s which I find annoying, especially with the shared color scheme and my desire to avoid Walmart.
The nearest one to me is that way (on the old Blue Ridge Mall site) but there's another out by the Independence Hockey Arena that is next to a Costco. I usually go to that one instead. I don't like being around Wal Mart either.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:37 PM 11-22-2020
The Home Depot App has made shopping there much better.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:41 PM 11-22-2020
My wife still prefers Ace Hardware, they seem to have everything she needs and the staff treats customers a lot better.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:42 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
The Home Depot App has made shopping there much better.
X10. I look up what I want before I go to see exactly which aisle and bay it’s in. Or I’ll just buy it on the app then go pick it up.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 04:47 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:

Lowes didn't offer a similar sink.

Did you check the bathtub section.

:-)
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:58 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Did you check the bathtub section.

:-)
No, I use their website since both stores have many more items than in the stores. The HD nearest me didn't have this sink and I didn't want to drive 100 miles, I wasn't in that big a hurry, so I ordered it from the HD website and they gave me free shipping. Lowes has stainless steel sinks but none were displayed or sold with a 24" high faucet without going with granite. I didn't want to spend for new countertops just so I could have an undermount sink and mount the faucet, since I thought the formica we had was good enough. That is just our original formica countertops in the photos. This sink is sold with a similar faucet, however I didn't use the faucet that came with the sink since I already have this one. I bought two of these faucets on eBay 12 years ago for $129 each. I used one in a remodel in 2008 and other you see now, and so now I have a spare for parts. For $399 you get the sink and the faucet.

[Reply]
Bugeater 05:02 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Home Depot's practice of using tilt-up construction might dissuade you.
Can you elaborate on that?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up