ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1731 of 3903
« First < 731123116311681172117271728172917301731 173217331734173517411781183122312731 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:24 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
No I achieved what I set out to do in calling out Mecca for being a gigantic hypocrite for being one of the biggest social distance warriors posting here but still thinking it's okay to risk additional exposure to others by buying stuff he doesn't actually need.
Um, you do realize that delivery services are still active?

I've had as many as six deliveries per day in the past 6 weeks. I'm ordering more items today and have items coming for the next 5 days as of right now.

There's this thing called "The Internet" and it's uses extend just a bit further than a football message board running 12 year old software (or whatever).

JFC.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:25 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Who knows. Several members and a few mods have called his dangerous bullshit out yet when I do it 1 mod continues to warn both of us and then Pete goes the personal attack route called out by a few posters. Shit is jokes. Non political thread then links some shit to Glenn Beck lol
You and Pete have been bad boys. I think you both need spanked. That little rat completely ignored my jab at him too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:27 AM 04-30-2020
That was the Treasury's take on what stimulus was for but I -and anyone with common sense I'd assume- knew that the stimulus was meant to keep food on the table or, at worst, give someone some rent/mortgage money to get by for a month to buy time to work out a forbearance or find another living arrangement.
No.

Giving people who earn in excess of $150K per year "Stimulus Money" wasn't to "keep food on the table", it was so those people would put it back into the economy in order to stave off a recession for just a little while longer.

If the idea was to put "food on the table" for those in need, the bar would have been set far lower and most certainly under $100k.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:28 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Um, you do realize that delivery services are still active?

I've had as many as six deliveries per day in the past 6 weeks. I'm ordering more items today and have items coming for the next 5 days as of right now.

There's this thing called "The Internet" and it's uses extend just a bit further than a football message board running 12 year old software (or whatever).

JFC.
I have no problem with anyone having actual necessities sent to their homes. The people working the supply lines are at risk, and that sucks, but its not like the government provided any alternative to that so it's the best of a bad situation.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM 04-30-2020
No I achieved what I set out to do in calling out Mecca for being a gigantic hypocrite for being one of the biggest social distance warriors posting here but still thinking it's okay to risk additional exposure to others by buying stuff he doesn't actually need.
Are you against people buying luxury goods on the internet at a time like this? I don't know if Mecca is talking about going to the store to buy a soundbar or not, but if you are worried about buying things and things being delivered to your house during this pandemic then there is just a lack of understanding of how this virus is primarily spread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:29 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Out of curiosity, a friend of mine keeps calling me and bitching that his internet is laggy, keeps fucking up etc etc, mind you he always has issues with it..
Yes.

I have Spectrum "up to 500 mbps", which generally checks in around 450-475 but it's been lagging at times and slow, probably because I've got two kids in Zoom classrooms all day while my wife is working from a server, but it's definitely less responsive than normal.

All of my neighbors are home so I'm sure that's part of it as well.
[Reply]
TLO 11:33 AM 04-30-2020
IMHE is throwing in the towel on Missouri and several other states due to places opening back up for business.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...erica/missouri
[Reply]
Monticore 11:33 AM 04-30-2020
Yes.

I have Spectrum "up to 500 mbps", which generally checks in around 450-475 but it's been lagging at times and slow, probably because I've got two kids in Zoom classrooms all day while my wife is working from a server, but it's definitely less responsive than normal.

All of my neighbors are home so I'm sure that's part of it as well.
I am jealous, I pay 90$ a month for 50mbps.
[Reply]
TLO 11:36 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Ouch.

I have the 500 mbps package through United Fiber. (I live just North of St Joe, which is a town of roughly 75k people)

We pay about $60 per month.

There have been periods of slowdowns, but only when they've been doing maintenance.

I love having fast internet. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 04-30-2020
I have no problem with anyone having actual necessities sent to their homes. The people working the supply lines are at risk, and that sucks, but its not like the government provided any alternative to that so it's the best of a bad situation.
90% of the goods in my home have been ordered via the internet and delivered to my home. I've place more than 85 orders since January 1st on Amazon alone and I've returned exactly one item because it was damaged in shipping.

Ordering non-essential items for delivery is helping to keep businesses running.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:37 AM 04-30-2020
No.

Giving people who earn in excess of $150K per year "Stimulus Money" wasn't to "keep food on the table", it was so those people would put it back into the economy in order to stave off a recession for just a little while longer.

If the idea was to put "food on the table" for those in need, the bar would have been set far lower and most certainly under $100k.
The money got phased out the more a person and/or their SO made, so I'm pretty confident the bar was set roughly in the right spot to keep people fed and housed.

And if people who got any amount of stimulus who weren't in a position where they needed it at this time then I hope they put it into savings but that's just moranic of me to think that will actually happen, apparently.
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:40 AM 04-30-2020
Wtf... you live in the boonies? I pay $70 for 1000mbps through ATT.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:42 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Wtf... you live in the boonies? I pay $70 for 1000mbps through ATT.
Telecom in Canada is expensive, cellphones, satellite, internet etc... I don't event think you can get over 200 up here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:44 AM 04-30-2020
The money got phased out the more a person and/or their SO made, so I'm pretty confident the bar was set roughly in the right spot to keep people fed and housed.
Married Couples filing Jointly whose AGI is $0-$150k received $1,200 dollars each, or $2,400 per household. If those same couples have children, they receive an additional $500 per child.

Married Couples filing Jointly whose AGI is $150,001-$198,000 receive $600 per adult and $500 per child.

Married Couples whose AGI was greater $198,001 received zero.

If a Married couple whose AGI was greater than $150k needed $1,200 dollars in order to get by for 10 weeks, they have much bigger problems than the pandemic.

And if people who got any amount of stimulus who weren't in a position where they needed it at this time then I hope they put it into savings but that's just moranic of me to think that will actually happen, apparently.
And that's the exact opposite reason for providing Stimulus money to those on the upper end of the spectrum. People that can spend the money, should spend the money.

Saving it does absolutely nothing for the economy and in the end, what's $1,200 to people who's AGI is greater than $150k?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:46 AM 04-30-2020
Telecom in Canada is expensive, cellphones, satellite, internet etc... I don't event think you can get over 200 up here.
Yeah, I had a good friend that lived on Victoria Island earlier this decade and the only internet service available to him was via satellite, which was slow and expensive.
[Reply]
Page 1731 of 3903
« First < 731123116311681172117271728172917301731 173217331734173517411781183122312731 > Last »
Up