ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>Mass Effect 4
keg in kc 02:19 PM 06-09-2014
Similar to the DICE video for Battlefront, nothing really substantive, but it's official now.

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:06 PM 03-16-2017
I did deluxe. Still ended up right at $60 after taxes with the prime discount.

It's worth it for me just for the soundtrack. I have all of them going back to the original. The only other thing I'll probably ever use is the multiplayer booster pack. The cosmetic stuff I don't care about.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:56 AM 03-20-2017
Reviews are mediocre to terrible, ugh.
[Reply]
Fish 11:25 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Reviews are mediocre to terrible, ugh.
Whaaaa?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:31 AM 03-20-2017
:-)

I was going to download it tonight, but not if the dogshit reviews hold up.

Especially after how much the last one pissed me off.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 11:45 AM 03-20-2017
I cancelled my preorder. I've got other games I'm playing right now and will probably pick this up as a summer game after a price drop (or get a used copy).
[Reply]
AndChiefs 12:04 PM 03-20-2017
I've played the trial a bit and have loved it so far.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01:35 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
I've played the trial a bit and have loved it so far.
I've noticed that the vast majority of people that have early access all love it. It seems like its just a few sites giving it bad reviews. Not sure whats up with the disparity.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:56 PM 03-20-2017
I will await keg's review.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:18 PM 03-20-2017
Reviews are mostly in the 7.5 to 8 range. I haven't seen any that concern me all that much yet. Many of the reviews read like rehashing of the comments about the trial/early game from last week. A few I read more clearly played past that point and talk about how much the game opens up after that point.

I think they probably made a mistake releasing press copies so late, because the game is evidently massive, to the point that I doubt anybody posting reviews today actually had time to sit and think about the game they were forced to burn through before their deadline.

Another reality is that BioWare games just get bad reviews, going back 7 or 8 years now, regardless. And then the rest of the gaming web jumps all over them. It's internet herd mentality. I expected it at this point. It happened with DA2, it happened with me3 long before anyone got to the ending, and it happened with DAI. Mixed reaction was inevitable.

What I've gathered so far is basically what I already thought based on watching streams:

- The combat is the best in the series, although the active skill/profile system is a little too limiting.
- Opinions vary widely on the story and acting (I've seen everything from hate to love...)
- The game world may be too large, and can bog down story progression at times
- The game looks amazing, facial animation issues aside.
- The multiplayer is exactly like me3

I've seen some people call it DAI in space. I've seen more people say it feels just like the ME OT. I guess I'll see tomorrow. Assuming my copy actually arrives when it's supposed to.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 02:39 AM 03-21-2017
I downloaded this as soon as I could and went off to gather info on the game (ass backwards).

I've seen the poor reviews, so I dunno what to expect going in. I'm wondering if I just blew $60, but eh....I think I was going to get this regardless of the reviews. Mass Effect 2 and 3 were just THAT enjoyable and Andromeda was a Day 1 purchase I've had on my calendar for months now.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:56 PM 03-21-2017
Downloading new. We shall see what we shall see.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:06 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Downloading new. We shall see what we shall see.

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:29 AM 03-22-2017
Played about ten hours straight yesterday, split between sp and mp. Too early to know for sure, since I've really only gone through the starting planet, but I love it so far.

One thing I was surprised by is just how much ambient dialogue there is. Basically anytime there are two characters close to each other, they're talking, and it sounds natural. I'm just about to head to the first real explorable world, I'd be surprised if I finish it today, based on the size of the habitat that started the game. This thing is clearly going to be massive and time-consuming, at least with my 'explore every nook and crannie' playstyle.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 08:41 AM 03-22-2017
Played about ten hours straight yesterday, split between sp and mp. Too early to know for sure, since I've really only gone through the starting planet, but I love it so far.

One thing I was surprised by is just how much ambient dialogue there is. Basically anytime there are two characters close to each other, they're talking, and it sounds natural. I'm just about to head to the first real explorable world, I'd be surprised if I finish it today, based on the size of the habitat that started the game. This thing is clearly going to be massive and time-consuming, at least with my 'explore every nook and crannie' playstyle.
Every person I've read that is actually playing the game says the same. I think there was a bit of overreaction from the initial reviews.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:28 AM 03-22-2017

Cool. I'll probably download it and start playing over the weekend.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up