ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 72
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:30 PM 12-03-2019
DeArmond posted an update:

https://missouri.forums.rivals.com/t...t-2-43.126397/

Sounds like Kiffin was not, is not, and never will be on the interview list. So that’s good news, at least.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:42 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Spott:
Isn’t that how they got Pinkel?
Yeah. 20 years ago.

When they averaged 4 wins/season over the previous decade, had among the worst facilities in the country, wouldn't pay anyone and had viewed football as an afterthought for nearly 20 years.

That job SUUUUUUUUCKED.

At that time, a hire like Pinkel was absolutely as good as Mizzou could have done.

But with huge improvements made to their facilities, they're at/near top 25 nationally in that regard. They have a ton more money to spend on the program and their level of commitment is higher than its been. They're also in a conference that has more prestige and reside in a division that gives them a path to stealing the damn thing here and there with a credible coaching performance.

This job is VASTLY improved over what it was when Pinkel took it over. Yet, we're looking at the same tier of candidates.

And to be fair, those can work out. They just have a significantly higher bust potential and again, put Mizzou back down a tier to a stepping stone school rather than where I figure they should be, which is again - just a step removed from a destination program.

Mizzou should be a place that loses its football coach to around a dozen schools. Yet if they're shopping at this level STILL, it tells me they don't even view themselves in that light.

And it probably suggests that they're right. And I simply cannot understand why that is the case.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
DeArmond posted an update:

https://missouri.forums.rivals.com/t...t-2-43.126397/

Sounds like Kiffin was not, is not, and never will be on the interview list. So that’s good news, at least.
I'm going to get an MD and I'm going to adopt the Sterk approach.

"I'm sorry sir, you have AIDS"
"WHAT!! NO!! HOW!?!?"
"Nah, I'm just fucking with you - it's only Lupus"
"Oh thank God..."

Because that Jim McElwain and Lane Kiffin have to be the AIDS to the Healy Lupus, right?

Jim Sterk is a mad genius...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:45 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah. 20 years ago.

When they averaged 4 wins/season over the previous decade, had among the worst facilities in the country, wouldn't pay anyone and had viewed football as an afterthought for nearly 20 years.

That job SUUUUUUUUCKED.

At that time, a hire like Pinkel was absolutely as good as Mizzou could have done.

But with huge improvements made to their facilities, they're at/near top 25 nationally in that regard. They have a ton more money to spend on the program and their level of commitment is higher than its been. They're also in a conference that has more prestige and reside in a division that gives them a path to stealing the damn thing here and there with a credible coaching performance.

This job is VASTLY improved over what it was when Pinkel took it over. Yet, we're looking at the same tier of candidates.

And to be fair, those can work out. They just have a significantly higher bust potential and again, put Mizzou back down a tier to a stepping stone school rather than where I figure they should be, which is again - just a step removed from a destination program.

Mizzou should be a place that loses its football coach to around a dozen schools. Yet if they're shopping at this level STILL, it tells me they don't even view themselves in that light.

And it probably suggests that they're right. And I simply cannot understand why that is the case.
Battered Spouse Syndrome?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:48 PM 12-03-2019
How can Rutgers (the worst team in P5) give a disgraced Schiano 8/32 and Mizzou can't find 5 mil a year to give to a good candidate?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:47 PM 12-03-2019

SCOOP: Will Healy has turned down the Mizzou job and will interview with Ole Miss soon (if not already).

If all goes well, he will be the head coach of the Rebels very soon.

— Jack McGuire (@JackMacCFB) December 3, 2019

[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:00 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Holy shit :-)

You guys better hurry up. Signing day is just a few weeks away.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:35 PM 12-03-2019
Just shutter the program, complete embarrassment
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:53 PM 12-03-2019
That’s possibly Jimmy Sexton, Healy’s agent, at work.

If they’re pursuing Healy, Sexton is going to be looking for leverage in contract talks. He has a lot more of that if Healy is connected publicly to Ole Miss.

Not dissimilar to Sexton’s failed attempt to connect Odom to the Miss State job a while back and negotiate a bigger contact to stay at Mizzou.

It’s also barstool. Just as easily a blind toss or troll attempt as something that guy actually was told.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:48 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That’s possibly Jimmy Sexton, Healy’s agent, at work.

If they’re pursuing Healy, Sexton is going to be looking for leverage in contract talks. He has a lot more of that if Healy is connected publicly to Ole Miss.

Not dissimilar to Sexton’s failed attempt to connect Odom to the Miss State job a while back and negotiate a bigger contact to stay at Mizzou.

It’s also barstool. Just as easily a blind toss or troll attempt as something that guy actually was told.
Yeah, a buddy of mine has the whole Ferris Buehler's girlfriend's cousin who works at 41 flavors thing going on with someone in the Athletic Department and said it's Sexton trying to extract his pound of flesh over the Odom firing.

I have a tendency to believe it's really just an attempt to get more money for Healy, but if he can do that AND fuck over Mizzou, he's gonna try to go that route.

Someone is saying we're interviewing the guy from Arkansas State.

We've gone SUB Toledo at this point. We're no longer looking at candidates that are even on par with where Pinkel was when we got him. We're looking at guys that KU would've turned their noses up at.

This team has somehow torched pretty much every shred of positive equity it built over a decade of being among the 20 or so most successful programs in college football. It's just a complete mind-fuck.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:58 PM 12-03-2019
They have a shot at Harsin and would have with Norvell if not for the FSU opening.

That’s comparable to Pinkel. Calhoun probably is, too, actually. His experience isn’t solely with the triple option like Monken.

I’m not sure why Clawson isn’t on their list. They could get him.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:04 PM 12-03-2019
I was optimistic about Harsin, I just don't see him leaving Boise for Mizzou now...

I'm good with McElwain and think he'd be a good get.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:47 PM 12-03-2019
As a Missouri taxpayer I want a fine example for young people attending one of our universities. I hope Missouri hires Skip Hultz to set that example for our young students
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:37 PM 12-03-2019
The AD needs a hard reset.

The basketball loss today just proved it. I don't think you can trust Jim Sterk to make any decision now.

I wonder if this is the best move forward:

1) Fire Sterk
2) Leave Haley as the interim HC for this year to eat shit and deal with the restrictions
3) Hire an AD, have them find a football coach after '20, then a basketball coach after Cuonzo's 4th year.

You can't recover from losses like this. It's a complete indictment of the entire program.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:55 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
As a Missouri taxpayer I want a fine example for young people attending one of our universities. I hope Missouri hires Skip Hultz to set that example for our young students
Are thiany mods in here that can boot this troll from the thread?
[Reply]
Page 55 of 72
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up