ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 72
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:33 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"He can recruit" is the "he sets the edge" of college coaching analysis. Or maybe "he has a quick release" when talking about college quarterbacks.

It sounds reasonably well-informed, is fairly difficult to disprove (so most won't bother trying) and can be used in the event you can't point to obvious tangible accomplishments or attributes.

It's what people say about a coach when they can't come up with a real argument in his favor. It is, at BEST, a backhanded compliment and it never gets applied to people who ever win anything.

It's what you say about Frank Haith, who then gets asked to prove it under genuinely trying circumstances and falls on his face.

Lane Kiffin will SUCK here. Horribly. He won't be any better at getting St. Louis kids to come here than anyone else has been. And he's a ****ing moron so he'll lose. A lot.

There's not a single good reason to hire that legacy gomer. But/for his dad crafting a defense that was obsolete before he retired, Kiffin would be coaching special teams in High school. He can eat a whole bucket of dicks.
I dont think it is. His classes at USC were 4,8,13.

At Tennessee his class was 10.

Will he do that at Mizzou? Probably not that high but certainly could do top 25 I think hes pretty proven in that regard.

His recruiting at Florida Atlantic was pretty good too all things considering.

At the end of the day hes no worse compared to Odom with a higher recruiting ceiling. Can you say the same about Fickell, Norvell, etc?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:37 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I dont think it is. His classes at USC were 4,8,13.

At Tennessee his class was 10.

Will he do that at Mizzou? Probably not that high but certainly could do top 25 I think hes pretty proven in that regard.

His recruiting at Florida Atlantic was pretty good too all things considering.

At the end of the day hes no worse compared to Odom with a higher recruiting ceiling. Can you say the same about Fickell, Norvell, etc?

Those aren’t special recruiting classes at either of those schools.

At Mizzou, he’d recruit at Pinkel’s level - bouncing between 25-40 - but wouldn’t have the development program and long-term relationship work with HS coaches to prop the rankings up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:41 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Those aren’t special recruiting classes at either of those schools.

At Mizzou, he’d recruit at Pinkel’s level - bouncing between 25-40 - but wouldn’t have the development program and long-term relationship work with HS coaches to prop the rankings up.
If you're in the top 25-40 you are atleast leaving some talent behind.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:59 PM 12-01-2019
I think the big appeal with Kiffin is he'll be gone in a couple years and some school will pay MU for him and they will be in better shape and through the bullshit sanctions to attract a higher end target.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:53 AM 12-02-2019
I'll give ya some inside info I had the blessing to name drop (Steve Taylor) informed me Frost visited a commit down in Tulsa, also visited a current Oregon & MU commit. MU commit is naturally a little uncertain about the coach change and talked with the coaches about visiting Lincoln. Setup a visit for UCLA.

Take it how you want.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:33 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think the big appeal with Kiffin is he'll be gone in a couple years and some school will pay MU for him and they will be in better shape and through the bullshit sanctions to attract a higher end target.

It seems those interested in Kiffin are focused on the Year 1 bump. Sure, it would be flashy in Year 1. You’d probably sell more season tickets with him than other candidates in Year 1.

But it would flip back to “Mizzou gonna Mizzou/typical Mizzou/all hype no follow through” by year 2 if he isn’t winning 8+ games.

I don’t believe the sanctions to be a major issue. They’re very minor and a 1-year hit.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:12 AM 12-02-2019
People around UCF (fan wise and others) are somewhat worried MU might come after Heup.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:21 AM 12-02-2019
I want Clawson.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:22 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
People around UCF (fan wise and others) are somewhat worried MU might come after Heup.

No way. $10 million buy out, shitty ass recruiter (his weak work at QB is the main reason Odom just got fired), and no one here liked him. You’re safe.

Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I want Clawson.

He’s high on my list. Brian Harsin is the clear #1. I like Billy Napier a bunch, of they want a higher reward option, and Clawson would work, too.

I’m fairly convinced if it isn’t Harsin or Clawson or Napier, in four years we’ll look back and say they would have been better off sticking with Odom.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:37 AM 12-02-2019
Gabe said on 810 a little bit ago that Norvell is out...doesn't really bother me.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:26 PM 12-02-2019
Rumor is it's down to Kiffin and Harsin. Norvell is out.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:43 PM 12-02-2019
A lot of chatter about Kiffin/Arkansas...who knows if it's true.

There ALWAYS shit coming out of Arkansas that is a "done deal" that never happens lol...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:52 PM 12-02-2019

Kiffin?

Fuck!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:54 PM 12-02-2019

BREAKING: Ole Miss has hired Mike Leach as their new head coach. We now know why administration moved so fast to terminate Matt Luke. https://t.co/J3quo0DWFp pic.twitter.com/oLUMN0pab9

— Bourbon Ghost (@BourbonGhost) December 2, 2019

[Reply]
TribalElder 01:06 PM 12-02-2019
Washington coach resigned

Chris Peterson or something like that? It was mentioned on the herd
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ootball-coach/

:-) Lovers Lane
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ghts-practice/
[Reply]
srvy 12-02-2019, 01:08 PM
This message has been deleted by srvy.
Page 52 of 72