ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 72
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:03 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Sterk didn't hire Odom, so he gets a pass on that one for now. He still needs to fire him at the end of the season, but that won't happen.

Cuonzo I have hope for. Odom has done nothing but lose recruiting battles in state, make awful in-game decisions, and continue to produce undisciplined teams (113th in penalties out of 130 teams in FBS) that don't come prepared to play unless they've been completely written off.

Odom is every bit as bad of an in-state recruiter as Kim Anderson. His best MO player is ranked 9th in the state. MO has three top-100 players this year and he didn't sniff any of them.

He has all of Pinkel's weaknesses in exaggerated form and a nerfed version of his strengths.
Supposedly Rhodes interviewed Matt Rhule for the job, there are two different rumors as to what happened, either Rhule didn't want to come due to the protests or Rhodes put him in his back pocket since he knew he was leaving and would later hire him at Baylor.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:10 AM 10-20-2019
Odom just can’t stop stepping on his own dick. Every time he starts to build some level of excitement or belief in the program, he Bobbitts himself.

Bryant played a really awful game yesterday - his vision and anticipation in the passing game are poor - and it neutered the offense.

The Vandy radio broadcast also was talking about a tell on the Mizzou OL - apparently the linemen were setting differently on pass plays before the snap than run plays. Just bad.

I’m not sure they’re in good enough shape to afford firing Odom at this point. He’d better rally hard, though.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:14 AM 10-20-2019
Sterk didn't hire Odom, so he gets a pass on that one for now. He still needs to fire him at the end of the season, but that won't happen.

Cuonzo I have hope for. Odom has done nothing but lose recruiting battles in state, make awful in-game decisions, and continue to produce undisciplined teams (113th in penalties out of 130 teams in FBS) that don't come prepared to play unless they've been completely written off.

Odom is every bit as bad of an in-state recruiter as Kim Anderson. His best MO player is ranked 9th in the state. MO has three top-100 players this year and he didn't sniff any of them.

He has all of Pinkel's weaknesses in exaggerated form and a nerfed version of his strengths.

Cuonzo needs to get his shit together too. Odumb is finished.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:39 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Odom just can’t stop stepping on his own dick. Every time he starts to build some level of excitement or belief in the program, he Bobbitts himself.

Bryant played a really awful game yesterday - his vision and anticipation in the passing game are poor - and it neutered the offense.

The Vandy radio broadcast also was talking about a tell on the Mizzou OL - apparently the linemen were setting differently on pass plays before the snap than run plays. Just bad.

I’m not sure they’re in good enough shape to afford firing Odom at this point. He’d better rally hard, though.
That explains a lot. For most of the game it seemed like their defensive players had been in the goddamn huddle.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:50 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That explains a lot. For most of the game it seemed like their defensive players had been in the goddamn huddle.
That's AJ Ricker style incompetence.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:52 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

That would explain part of it....but it seemed like Vandy took a page out of Wyoming's playbook and just "punched" the Oline in their face. After that it was like the Mizzou line were whipped puppies.
[Reply]
Matrix 03:09 PM 10-20-2019
Chiefs- no SB appearance nor title since 1969
Mizzou- no conference title since 1969 and is appealing a bowl ban.
St. Louis- the NFL burned every bridge in the metro area three years ago.
Cardinal Ritter HS- forced to forfeit their 7-0 record this season

The state of Missouri just seems cursed when it comes to football and I don't know why.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:10 PM 10-20-2019
You'd have a point if the Blues and Royals hadn't won a title. Teams are just incompetent.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:27 PM 10-20-2019
I will be pulling for Kentucky, Georgia and Florida to beat Mizzou. A complete meltdown in the next 3 games will be the only way the University will get rid of the "true son".
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:35 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I will be pulling for Kentucky, Georgia and Florida to beat Mizzou. A complete meltdown in the next 3 games will be the only way the University will get rid of the "true son".
Barring scandal, he's safe even if he loses out.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:40 PM 10-20-2019
Why? Because it's too expensive to let him go? Or because he is an alum?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:45 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Cuonzo needs to get his shit together too. Odumb is finished.
Zo has some shitty luck with the Porter boys injuries. He about had two major recruits out of St. Louis, got beat out by the blue blood money.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:50 PM 10-20-2019
I think a total collapse would do him in
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:56 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Why? Because it's too expensive to let him go? Or because he is an alum?
Because vast majority of the fans here make endless excuses for mediocrity. It's not much different than talking about the Chiefs before Mahomes. There are always excuses and endless, "if...then" statements.

The most prominent Mizzou-related voices (Dearmond, TJ Moe) are backfilling for him on social media. If you go to some of the other Mizzou-related discussion sites (RockM), you'll see a heavy population of people that make excuses for recruiting (like they didn't just drop $95 million on that south endzone), and how difficult it is to not be a blue blood in CFB, while totally ignoring some real institutional advantages Mizzou has--like being the only FBS school in the state--not just P5, but FBS. In comparison, Kansas has two FBSschools, Oklahoma 2, Iowa 2, Illinois 2, Kentucky 3, Tennessee 4, Arkansas 2 and all of those, save Arkansas have multiple P5 schools.

Because all of the media in Columbia is effectively an arm of the J-School, there is never any local pressure on the coaches. There have been excuses for every slapdick for decades, even Kim Anderson.

We should call these people anchor fans, because they weigh the program down and prevent forward progress.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:57 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think a total collapse would do him in
The sad part about this season is that Mizzou had a schedule that could be considered the easiest path to the SEC East title. No Bama...LSU...Auburn.....Georgia is showing some chinks in their armor and Mizzou has Florida at home.

Regardless of the possible post season ban, anything less than the SEC East title should be considered a massive failure.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 72
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up