ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ravens/ Steelers moving to [Wednesday? Maybe? WTF knows?]
cmh6476 12:02 PM 11-25-2020
poster boy Lamar must have tested positive

The #Ravens-#Steelers game previously set for Thursday night is being postponed to Sunday afternoon. The first in several weeks.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
wazu 01:06 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Which would triple fuck the Steelers.
Yeah, that would be a disaster for them. Basically it means any team that doesn't play in Week 18 but made the playoffs is essentially getting a first round bye. So everybody gets one but them.
[Reply]
wazu 01:11 PM 11-30-2020
Now that I think about it, if the Week 18 thing happens I would expect Steelers and maybe Ravens to both bench their starters.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
The Ravens better be losing some draft picks for this.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
From what the NFL has stated, if this game gets called off I would expect it to be the first game on the schedule for Week 18, followed by a playoff structure with 16 teams and no bye weeks.
This would actually be the best outcome for the league and the players because the extra game will generate additional TV revenue, which not only the owners would love but the players will see an increased Salary Cap number for 2021 because of it.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:54 PM 11-30-2020
From what the NFL has stated, if this game gets called off I would expect it to be the first game on the schedule for Week 18, followed by a playoff structure with 16 teams and no bye weeks.
I've seen this idea presented a lot, but I've never fully understood it. Why does moving things back a week necessitate allowing an extra team (per conference) in? Just because they don't want a team to have two weeks off in a row?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This would actually be the best outcome for the league and the players because the extra game will generate additional TV revenue, which not only the owners would love but the players will see an increased Salary Cap number for 2021 because of it.
It rat-fucks the one team that earned the only bye week though.

What a shitty year to change the playoff format.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've seen this idea presented a lot, but I've never fully understood it. Why does moving things back a week necessitate allowing an extra team (per conference) in? Just because they don't want a team to have two weeks off in a row?
You answered your own question. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It rat-****s the one team that earned the only bye week though.

What a shitty year to change the playoff format.
They could use week 18 to play games that end up being postponed and have everyone else on a bye. Kind of incentivize them to work hard at staying isolated etc.
[Reply]
wazu 02:00 PM 11-30-2020
I'm guessing that's the biggest reason. There's also a little more flexibility/fairness in the event that a borderline playoff team gets royally screwed somehow through a bad COVID situation.
[Reply]
sedated 02:04 PM 11-30-2020
I was under the impression that the week 18 thing was essentially pausing the season if there are numerous outbreaks on multiple teams. Everything gets moved back, not just 1 game.
[Reply]
wazu 02:08 PM 11-30-2020
Actually, re-reading the plan. It sounds like if this game got put on Week 18, the original playoff format would stand unless for some reason Week 18 wasn't enough. (So the Ravens or Steelers maybe lose another regular season game along the way.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-...s-cancellation

Originally Posted by :
This proposed scenario would only become a reality if the league cannot first complete the meaningful games rescheduled in a possible Week 18. Essentially, playoff expansion will only come about as a third option in the event the league cannot complete the 256-game season as scheduled within 17 weeks or within 18 weeks, with the 18th week added solely to complete the 256-game schedule prior to postseason play.

[Reply]
DaFace 02:14 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You answered your own question. :-)
I'm guessing that's the biggest reason. There's also a little more flexibility/fairness in the event that a borderline playoff team gets royally screwed somehow through a bad COVID situation.
I guess I kind of get it, but man...that would suck to lose a bye like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:15 PM 11-30-2020
I guess I kind of get it, but man...that would suck to lose a bye like that.
Yes it would.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:18 PM 11-30-2020
They should just postpone it until week 18 and then only play it if it has implications on seeding
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM 11-30-2020
Astonishing that Steve Saunders still has a job.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up