ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>4k TV
Demonpenz 02:48 PM 11-14-2017
In the next year I am looking to buy a 4k TV. One that plays Xbox 1x on 4k. I don't know where exactly to start researching but I would sit post in the mean time. What I know so far is I am fine with my TV now bit I am a gamer and want the best but not stupid expensive. I know there are obstacles to getting Xbox one x to run 4k. Any advice or sarcasm is greatly appreciated. Thanks and go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:35 PM 11-14-2017
I want to know. Person that runs Xbox 1 x in 4k is what really want.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:34 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I read it 3 times do you mean:

What the **** do you mean?
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:35 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I have the Xbox one X and the LG 65” C7 Oled and Assassin Creed Origins in HDR 4K is unbelievable. IMO the bar has been raised and I’m never going back. This is said as a ps4 pro owner who also has two other 65” TVs and a 75” Sony XBR940D. The Oled 4K hdr with the Xbox one X also shined watching Planet earth 2. Almost unreal how good true hdr 4K looks.

Zero obstacles.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:38 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
I have the Xbox one X and the LG 65” C7 Oled and Assassin Creed Origins in HDR 4K is unbelievable. IMO the bar has been raised and I’m never going back. This is said as a ps4 pro owner who also has two other 65” TVs and a 75” Sony XBR940D. The Oled 4K hdr with the Xbox one X also shined watching Planet earth 2. Almost unreal how good true hdr 4K looks.

Zero obstacles.
Think a 55" inch OLED will suffice?

I really don't want to spend more than 2k on a television.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:53 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Spending more than $1k on a TV in 2017 is a gigantic waste of money.

It’ll be worth $400 at this time next year.
[Reply]
007 10:56 PM 11-14-2017
I'm looking to replace my basement tv and the largest I can go is a 43" screen. Drives me nuts seeing all these 49" screens on incredible sales while the 43s just stay the same price.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:37 PM 11-14-2017

Do you do Costco?

If so go to that link and see what the price is.

It will be going of sale on the 17th.

That LG was rated very highly

The LG C7 is the same set as the LG B7 and here is a link to a review.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b7-b7a-oled
[Reply]
New World Order 11:41 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Do you do Costco?

If so go to that link and see what the price is.

It will be going of sale on the 17th.

That LG was rated very highly

The LG C7 is the same set as the LG B7 and here is a link to a review.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b7-b7a-oled
Thanks.

I usually hit up Slickdeals. A lot of sales going on now:

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php...searchin=first
[Reply]
Miles 12:07 AM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I'm looking to replace my basement tv and the largest I can go is a 43" screen. Drives me nuts seeing all these 49" screens on incredible sales while the 43s just stay the same price.
I had the same problem when I bought a tv for my kitchen last year. Also much more limited options in that size and largely entry level stuff.
[Reply]
Miles 12:13 AM 11-15-2017

If you watch the sales a 65” OLED may get near 2k. I picked up a 55” LG C7 back on a 4th of July sale at Frys and the picture is incredible. Particularly hdr stuff in Dolby Vision.

Another great place to watch along with slickdeal you mentioned above
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/#/forums/322
[Reply]
Miles 12:23 AM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Depends on how critical you are on the picture quality on whether is worth it or you even care. The higher end sets can do a lot more with black levels, brightness and contrast for HDR as well as stuff like better processing and upscaling 1080p. OLEDs and LED with full array local dimming backlighting cost more to make but they have still dropped thousands in price in the last few years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:48 AM 11-15-2017
I got this 75inch one back on Labor Day sales. Fantastic picture. Apps work great. Netflix has the 4K option now. Great graphics to keep up with what I'm playing through the USB. $2899.

https://www.bestbuy.com//site/sony-7...?skuId=5748201
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 AM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
Depends on how critical you are on the picture quality on whether is worth it or you even care. The higher end sets can do a lot more with black levels, brightness and contrast for HDR as well as stuff like better processing and upscaling 1080p. OLEDs and LED with full array local dimming backlighting cost more to make but they have still dropped thousands in price in the last few years.
I spent $3k on a TV back in 2003 and I’ll never pay more than $1k, ever again.

Technology changes so quickly that the $2k TV today will be less than $1k in six months meaning the $900 TV will be $400.

It’s a moving target and in my experience, all of these TV’s look amazing once they’re in the home.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:57 AM 11-15-2017

l was finishing up a job that had paid the 2nd highest money ever for me. I wanted a great tv that filled up the wall. I usually stay at the $1K mark.
[Reply]
007 01:03 AM 11-15-2017
I spent $3k on a TV back in 2003 and I’ll never pay more than $1k, ever again.

Technology changes so quickly that the $2k TV today will be less than $1k in six months meaning the $900 TV will be $400.

It’s a moving target and in my experience, all of these TV’s look amazing once they’re in the home.
I wouldn't say all of them look amazing. My father "upgraded" to a 4k LG tv and I feel his 1080p plasma is loads better. I've tried to tweak the settings and nothing makes the picture on the 4k tv look anywhere close to his plasma. I haven't said any of this to him because I don't want him to feel like he got a bad deal as he is very happy with the purchase.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up