ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 02:36 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think I'm going to get Culvers for dinner tonight!! What should I order??

Do they have a mushroom and swiss burger?
Yes they do.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:40 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I haven't even listened to this yet and can remember the phone number (I think).

Westport 1 - 7100

Is that right?
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:42 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I haven't even listened to this yet and can remember the phone number (I think).

Westport 1 - 7100

Is that right?
Haha, fuck yeah!

I can't remember what I had for dinner a week ago, but I can remember that.
[Reply]
Spott 02:43 PM 11-14-2017
Never heard of Culver’s, In and out is mediocre and Shake Shack tastes like school cafeteria food.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 02:43 PM 11-14-2017
Whataburger should be higher. Although it was just recently Texas only, it has branched out to other states. The burgers are large and delicious.
[Reply]
Canofbier 02:55 PM 11-14-2017
I've only eaten at Culver's a few times but was very unimpressed each time. My problems with the experience:
  1. My burger patties were clearly squished down on the grill during cooking, which makes them cook faster but also makes them dry and gross. If I'm going to be a burger-eating fatass, the burger needs to be juicy and lovingly-prepared enough to be worth it!
  2. They offer frozen custard, but the quality and variety were far worse than what is offered at dedicated frozen custard places like Sheridan's or Ted Drewes.
If the burgers are dry and the custard is subpar, why would I return to Culver's when I could instead get better burgers and custard elsewhere?
[Reply]
The Rick 02:55 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Basically an upscale, much better Dairy Queen, with frozen custard instead of ice cream.

These frozen custard places originated in Wisconsin. I was first exposed to them when I was stationed up at Great Lakes and spent quite a bit of time in Milwaukee in the late 80s. Before they started opening Culver's in the area, the wife and I would on rare occasion drive up to Milwaukee just to get frozen custard.

Fun fact: the drive-in that was the inspiration for Arnold's in Happy Days was a frozen custard place.
Yep...Leon's Frozen Custard:

[Reply]
carcosa 03:04 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
I've only eaten at Culver's a few times but was very unimpressed each time. My problems with the experience:
  1. My burger patties were clearly squished down on the grill during cooking, which makes them cook faster but also makes them dry and gross. If I'm going to be a burger-eating fatass, the burger needs to be juicy and lovingly-prepared enough to be worth it!
  2. They offer frozen custard, but the quality and variety were far worse than what is offered at dedicated frozen custard places like Sheridan's or Ted Drewes.
If the burgers are dry and the custard is subpar, why would I return to Culver's when I could instead get better burgers and custard elsewhere?
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:04 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Haha, **** yeah!

I can't remember what I had for dinner a week ago, but I can remember that.
haha - yup
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:05 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
**** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:07 PM 11-14-2017
Summers in Kentucky, they were hard to beat
[Reply]
alanm 03:11 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
that cod sandwich looks good - you tried?
Depending on availability you can get a Walleye fish sand. And it's fantastic. :-)
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:20 PM 11-14-2017
I never try fast food joints when I travel, I'd rather have the local cuisine if I'm out of town but in Springfield my favorites are Culver's, Freddy's, 5 Guys, and a few steps below Hardees Thickburgers.

Steak & Shake sucks. Mcdonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and all of the other "big chains" suck. Never tried In-N-Out or Whataburger because again, I'm not eating fast food unless its local.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:20 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by alanm:
Depending on availability you can get a Walleye fish sand. And it's fantastic. :-)
yeah Walleye' are good.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:21 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by alanm:
Culver's walleye was terrible when I tried it. Didn't taste anything like walleye my grandad and I used to catch. Flavorless and way too watery.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up