ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 20
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:38 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Anyone ever been to Spangles? I think I went to one in Wichita over 10 years ago. Pretty sure it was bad. I just remember the awful commercials most of all!!!!
M M M Mud slide
[Reply]
carcosa 11:40 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I've never heard of Culver's. I opened the thread to find out what OP was talking about
Culver Franchising System, Inc., doing business as Culver's, is a privately owned and operated casual fast food restaurant chain that operates primarily in the Midwestern United States. The first Culver’s opened in 1984 in Sauk City, Wisconsin.[1] As of 17 October 2017, the chain had 638 restaurants across the United States, and 13 coming soon in 8 states.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:45 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They seem to only exist in sketchy areas for some reason. The only ones left in the Chicago area are either close to the city or in bad areas of the city. I really liked the food when I ate there years ago, but not enough to tour the shooting gallery.
Yeah, this one butts up against Austin west of the city which I try not to mess with, but occasionally have to pass through. Looks like I'll keep on passing.

Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Not trying to be a wise ass - but literally ate there last night and it was awful. Used to be MUCH better.
Dang, that's disappointing to hear. I enjoyed the one on Linwood in KC before it became a Chinese place.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:47 AM 11-14-2017
Culver Franchising System, Inc., doing business as Culver's, is a privately owned and operated casual fast food restaurant chain that operates primarily in the Midwestern United States. The first Culver’s opened in 1984 in Sauk City, Wisconsin.[1] As of 17 October 2017, the chain had 638 restaurants across the United States, and 13 coming soon in 8 states.
Kansas is always behind the times. Maybe we will get one. I love Whataburger but it's wishful thinking ever get one in Kansas. I'd love it if Witchita would get one I'm only about 160 miles away.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:49 AM 11-14-2017

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:49 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeah, this one butts up against Austin west of the city which I try not to mess with, but occasionally have to pass through. Looks like I'll keep on passing.

Dang, that's disappointing to hear. I enjoyed the one on Linwood in KC before it became a Chinese place.
Yeah they used to be very good.

How are Texas Tom's burgers, these days?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:53 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I've never heard of Culver's. I opened the thread to find out what OP was talking about
Basically an upscale, much better Dairy Queen, with frozen custard instead of ice cream.

These frozen custard places originated in Wisconsin. I was first exposed to them when I was stationed up at Great Lakes and spent quite a bit of time in Milwaukee in the late 80s. Before they started opening Culver's in the area, the wife and I would on rare occasion drive up to Milwaukee just to get frozen custard.

Fun fact: the drive-in that was the inspiration for Arnold's in Happy Days was a frozen custard place.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:00 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
How can you say both of those and make any sort of sense?

Literally every trip I've ever taken to In-N-Out was fantastic. Quality of food was exceptional.
Because I'd tried it multiple times before 2000 and had the same exact experience.

There are SO many better choices in SoCal including Tommy's Original Burgers (currently my favorite), Astro Burger and Fatburger.

In-N-Out is garbage, IMO.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 PM 11-14-2017
Culver's is outstanding. My go-to burger.
[Reply]
redfan 12:05 PM 11-14-2017
Excuse me???????
You heard me. I've been there twice, not impressed. Equal to McD's or BK.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:08 PM 11-14-2017
Yeah they used to be very good.

How are Texas Tom's burgers, these days?
The last one I had (Feb '17), I'd equate to a fresh Sonic burger. More flat and wide than vertical, with shredded lettuce and onion mixed in. Just a'ight.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:11 PM 11-14-2017
Culvers is trash
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:11 PM 11-14-2017
Checkers = Bad now
Hardees = not so good either
BK = ****ing dog shit
McDonalds - A fresh Big Mac twice per year is good - decent fries and Fillet O Fish
Steak and Shake = great - best all around deal to quality
Culvers = very good
Sonic = Underrated - locations determines a lot with them.
Whataburger = Solid
SmashBurger = way over rated - inflated price
Five Guys = very good.
In & Out = over rated - but decent enough - Hi Boy is better
Wendy's = the median
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:11 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The last one I had (Feb '17), I'd equate to a fresh Sonic burger. More flat and wide than vertical, with shredded lettuce and onion mixed in. Just a'ight.
just a nice background when there's all of the other stuff there. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:17 PM 11-14-2017
just a nice background when there's all of the other stuff there. :-)
Pretty much. I will say though, I've never gotten anything that wasn't fresh off the griddle or right out of the fryer at TT. No matter what time of night. I used to tell the ladies to hold the tots out the window for minute before feeding them to me on the way back to the crib.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 20
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up