ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:10 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’ve gotten sick from eating at two different Culver’s. Never again.
Sorry to hear that. I always feel healthier after eating at Culver's.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:10 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Title is incorrect. It should state "overrated" IMO.
Hell no!!!!
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:11 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Their fish sandwich was outstanding, but it was $$$.
Arby's fish sandwich is superior Culvers' fish sandwich. Unfortunately, it's only seasonal for lent. At least here it is.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:11 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I think the fish sandwich is worth a whirl.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:12 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
No kidding..how is McDonald's rated ahead of Sonic,Smashburger, and Steak and Shake?
McD's is great value with a classic taste.

Now that I recall... I have had a Sonic burger within the last 3-4 years. It's unremarkable. Like they're playing it safe. McDonald's, to their credit, goes big or goes home. And when it goes home, it's usually to the bathroom (to shit)

Smashburger is so blah that even though it was one of only a handful of interesting lunch options at work a while back, it ended up out of the rotation completely
[Reply]
Frazod 11:12 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Then you're doing it wrong. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:13 AM 11-14-2017

[Reply]
carcosa 11:13 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I think the fish sandwich is worth a whirl.
Might cleanse the system.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:14 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've never eaten at a Culver's, as they don't have any franchises in CA.

How In-N-Out Burger is ranked that high is baffling. Their fries are always soggy, they don't offer mayo (I can't stand 1,000 Island dressing) and their buns are chewy.

I've eaten at In-N-Out Burger once in 17 years and it'll be another 17 years (or more) before I eat there again.

Blech.
I don't understand the IN N Out phenomenon either. A burger with out bacon can never be the best burger.

Every time i'm craving In N Out, the line is enough to turn me right back around.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:16 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've never eaten at a Culver's, as they don't have any franchises in CA.

How In-N-Out Burger is ranked that high is baffling. Their fries are always soggy, they don't offer mayo (I can't stand 1,000 Island dressing) and their buns are chewy.

I've eaten at In-N-Out Burger once in 17 years and it'll be another 17 years (or more) before I eat there again.

Blech.
I usually have to chekc my bag when I fly to California because I bring a large container of mayo for my in-n-out visits.

The fries definitely suck, even if you order them well done.

The burger itself, though, is very good IMHO
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:16 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Last i checked CNN wasn't into the burger covering business.

Anywho....

"America has a new burger king.

Its name is Five Guys.

This is according to The Harris Poll’s annual EquiTrend Study, which ranks American food chains on quality, likelihood of purchase and familiarity.

In-N-Out Burger, which led the list over the past two years, fell to the second spot, according to the rankings.

Shake Shack, Wendy’s and Culver’s rounded out the top five burger spots, CBS reported.

Here’s a quick glance at the top 10.

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries

2. In-N-Out Burger

3. Shake Shack

4. Wendy’s

5. Culver’s

6. Whataburger

7. McDonald’s

8. Sonic America’s Drive-In

9. Smashburger

10. Steak ’n Shake

Some popular joints ranked below average, though. Major franchises like Burger King, Carl’s Jr., DQ Grill & Chill and Jack in the Box all earned scores below the category’s average, according to the Harris Poll."
I love me some Culver's. And in what world id McDonald's better than Steak 'n Shake and Freddy's?

Seriously, WTF?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:17 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I love me some Culver's. And in what world id McDonald's better than Steak 'n Shake and Freddy's?

Seriously, WTF?
Sonic being up there is a bigger travesty. Sonic is good for shakes...that's it. Their food is awful.
[Reply]
Hydrae 11:18 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Their fish sandwich was outstanding, but it was $$$.
That is my preference when I go to Culver's. Sadly it has been a while though as there are none close to me.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:20 AM 11-14-2017
Sonic being up there is a bigger travesty. Sonic is good for shakes...that's it. Their food is awful.
Love the Cherry Limeade, too.

Sonic's chicken products are decent. Popcorn chicken was my go-to for a while. Good mozz sticks as well. Definitely more of an apps 'n' drinks joint, for when you want a quick snack in the car.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:20 AM 11-14-2017
I don't mind a Sonic burger now and then. But yeah, no way do they rank in the top 10.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up