ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:00 AM 11-14-2017
Culver's rocks. Biggest problem is they're about as slow as fast food can be and still be called fast. But the food is worth the wait.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:01 AM 11-14-2017
Last i checked CNN wasn't into the burger covering business.

Anywho....

"America has a new burger king.

Its name is Five Guys.

This is according to The Harris Poll’s annual EquiTrend Study, which ranks American food chains on quality, likelihood of purchase and familiarity.

In-N-Out Burger, which led the list over the past two years, fell to the second spot, according to the rankings.

Shake Shack, Wendy’s and Culver’s rounded out the top five burger spots, CBS reported.

Here’s a quick glance at the top 10.

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries

2. In-N-Out Burger

3. Shake Shack

4. Wendy’s

5. Culver’s

6. Whataburger

7. McDonald’s

8. Sonic America’s Drive-In

9. Smashburger

10. Steak ’n Shake

Some popular joints ranked below average, though. Major franchises like Burger King, Carl’s Jr., DQ Grill & Chill and Jack in the Box all earned scores below the category’s average, according to the Harris Poll."
[Reply]
carcosa 11:02 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Culver's rocks. Biggest problem is they're about as slow as fast food can be and still be called fast. But the food is worth the wait.
Thank you. I agree that they take their sweet time. Perhaps not the best option when you're in a big rush, but I love that they cook everything to order and use fresh ingredients.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:02 AM 11-14-2017
So Carcosa and Simply Red are the same person then.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:03 AM 11-14-2017
They're good - Steak & Shake is close enough to them that they're actually the better value - coming in almost 50% cheaper.

I did try Cook Out last week, Big Double Cheddar Style.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:03 AM 11-14-2017
I’ve gotten sick from eating at two different Culver’s. Never again.
[Reply]
loochy 11:04 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Some popular joints ranked below average, though. Major franchises like Burger King, Carl’s Jr., DQ Grill & Chill and Jack in the Box all earned scores below the category’s average, according to the Harris Poll."
How in the hell are any of those ranked BELOW McDonalds?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:06 AM 11-14-2017
Their fish sandwich was outstanding, but it was $$$.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:07 AM 11-14-2017

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:08 AM 11-14-2017
I've never eaten at a Culver's, as they don't have any franchises in CA.

How In-N-Out Burger is ranked that high is baffling. Their fries are always soggy, they don't offer mayo (I can't stand 1,000 Island dressing) and their buns are chewy.

I've eaten at In-N-Out Burger once in 17 years and it'll be another 17 years (or more) before I eat there again.

Blech.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:08 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
How in the hell are any of those ranked BELOW McDonalds?
Posted via Mobile Device
No kidding..how is McDonald's rated ahead of Sonic,Smashburger, and Steak and Shake?
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:08 AM 11-14-2017
Title is incorrect. It should state "overrated" IMO.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:09 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Last i checked CNN wasn't into the burger covering business.

Anywho....

"America has a new burger king.

Its name is Five Guys.

This is according to The Harris Poll’s annual EquiTrend Study, which ranks American food chains on quality, likelihood of purchase and familiarity.

In-N-Out Burger, which led the list over the past two years, fell to the second spot, according to the rankings.

Shake Shack, Wendy’s and Culver’s rounded out the top five burger spots, CBS reported.

Here’s a quick glance at the top 10.

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries

2. In-N-Out Burger

3. Shake Shack

4. Wendy’s

5. Culver’s

6. Whataburger

7. McDonald’s

8. Sonic America’s Drive-In

9. Smashburger

10. Steak ’n Shake

Interesting. I do really like everything in the top 5, although I generally get the Spicy Chicken Sandwich when I go to Wendy's. Shake Shack is fine, but does not live up to the hype. In-n-Out is very very good but not mindblowing. Smashburger at 9 is about right; they're unremarkable. McDonald's burgers taste pretty good but don't sit well in my stomach. I can't remember the last time I had a burger from Sonic or Steak n Shake. Never been to a Whataburger.

Surprised Hardee's/Carl's Junior scores so low. I haven't had them very often, but I recall their burgers being solid.

I might go:

1. Culver's
2. Five Guys
3. In-n-Out
4. Shake Shack
5. Wendy's
6. McDonald's
7. Smashburger

and then the rest are whatever I guess
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:09 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Their fish sandwich was outstanding, but it was $$$.
actually that sounds good - do you like LJS?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Up