ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Boston Planeteers - Travel Advice
wazu 10:33 PM 10-03-2017
Taking a trip there in November. Will have a full weekend to hang out and see the town. Any key areas to target? I'm a big fan of Revolutionary War-era history, so Freedom Trail is on the list. Any thoughts on best way to do that are appreciated. Wanted to see Bunker Hill but all my googling so far brings up a monument. Probably want to see that, too, but thought there might actually be the battleground location somewhere to get a better feel for lay of the land.

One of my buddies who will be there was interested in touring Sam Adams brewery, so we're looking into that as possibility. Any can't-miss places to eat? Trying to figure out a good central area to find a hotel. And of course, want to find a good bar to watch the Chiefs game in on Sunday. Thanks for any help!
[Reply]
wazu 03:51 PM 10-04-2017
Holy crap you all are the best! Thank you! The Bostonians in this thread all seem nice, so until proven differently I'm going to assume they are all this way. Taking down all three of those restaurants, BEP. Durgin Park sounds particularly fun. Going to take the advice of starting at Downtown Crossing. We will utilize Uber for traveling around for anywhere we don't want to walk. Not planning to make any trips too far.

Any particularly great bar scene for evenings? Or a sports bar for Sunday? I've googled and the only reference to a Chiefs Bar was a place called White Horse, but can find no actual evidence that this is really a Chiefs fan gathering site. I'll settle for just a good sports bar that's fairly central.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:08 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
:-) Yeah, you might get liberal cooties. :-)
I was there for less than 24 hours a couple of years ago, and I caught myself watching PBS a week later.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:13 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was there for less than 24 hours a couple of years ago, and I caught myself watching PBS a week later.
:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:15 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:
Holy crap you all are the best! Thank you! The Bostonians in this thread all seem nice, so until proven differently I'm going to assume they are all this way. Taking down all three of those restaurants, BEP. Durgin Park sounds particularly fun. Going to take the advice of starting at Downtown Crossing. We will utilize Uber for traveling around for anywhere we don't want to walk. Not planning to make any trips too far.

Any particularly great bar scene for evenings? Or a sports bar for Sunday? I've googled and the only reference to a Chiefs Bar was a place called White Horse, but can find no actual evidence that this is really a Chiefs fan gathering site. I'll settle for just a good sports bar that's fairly central.
Then you won't want to watch at the Blackstone, but don't know what Sunday you will be there. I could make a call and request he play a Chiefs game for ya' if it's this Sunday, 'cuz Pats play tomorrow night.
[Reply]
Pointer19 04:25 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Then you won't want to watch at the Blackstone, but don't know what Sunday you will be there. I could make a call and request he play a Chiefs game for ya' if it's this Sunday, 'cuz Pats play tomorrow night.
If you do that, I can almost guarantee you'll have at least five Chiefs fans raising hell Sunday night! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:12 PM 10-04-2017
Rainman,
My sister said take Cape Air to the island from Logan. That was also in the link Amnorix gave you.She didn't know about anything from Green in Providence.

All other routes will just take too long—not really worth the time. A bus from Logan to Hyannis ferry would be 3-4 hour trip. Don't know if one goes to Woods Hole too, which is another spot to get the ferry. You may pay more by air, but time is valuable too.
[Reply]
wazu 05:33 PM 10-04-2017
It's 11/19. Chiefs play an early game, Pats play at 4:25 that day.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:41 PM 10-04-2017
Rainman,
My sister said take Cape Air to the island from Logan. That was also in the link Amnorix gave you.She didn't know about anything from Green in Providence.

All other routes will just take too long—not really worth the time. A bus from Logan to Hyannis ferry would be 3-4 hour trip. Don't know if one goes to Woods Hole too, which is another spot to get the ferry. You may pay more by air, but time is valuable too.
I'll give you a thumbs up for that. Thanks.

Is that by chance the one where 1980s-era Crystal Bernard works?
[Reply]
Hoover 05:57 PM 10-04-2017
I enjoyed Scampo in the Liberty Hotel, which is an old prison. Hotel lobby is pretty sweet.

https://scampoboston.com

Ostra for seafood - kinda pricey http://ostraboston.com

Best burgar I ever had was at Mr. Brantley's Burgar Cottage in Cambridge www.mrbartley.com

Beacon Hill Bistro - https://beaconhillhotel.com/boston-bistro/

Oh and had a few beers at Cheers. I mean why not. https://cheersboston.com
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:32 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'll give you a thumbs up for that. Thanks.

Is that by chance the one where 1980s-era Crystal Bernard works?
Believe it or not, I had to look that name up. Never watched her program.
So can't answer your question.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:33 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's 11/19. Chiefs play an early game, Pats play at 4:25 that day.
Just saw this. Musta' missed it the other day. See what I can do.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:57 PM 10-07-2017
Take a massive shit on top of a Brady jersey in front of Fenway.

Shitting on a piece of shit in front of a pile of shit.
[Reply]
seclark 05:00 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Take a massive shit on top of a Brady jersey in front of Fenway.

Shitting on a piece of shit in front of a pile of shit.
ah, i've always enjoyed walking around fenway.
sec
[Reply]
ping2000 05:06 PM 10-07-2017
Is there a Boston to English translator app you can get for your phone? May come in handy.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05:27 PM 10-07-2017
My place has been condoized into three units, and I had already renovated the attic to a loft. Worth millions now. :-)
Yeah, my grandfather owned a couple pieces of property in Marblehead in the early 70's. Bet he wishes he didn't sell.

Any of the New Englanders here been to Deer Isle, Maine? My family comes from there originally but I've never been. Planning a trip next summer.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up