ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 18: Can Patrick Mahomes get the Chiefs back to the Super Bowl?
Hammock Parties 03:19 PM 08-23-2017
Yes, friends, it's that time again. Let's DO THIS!!!

The Chiefs have decided to have an open competition in preseason for the starting QB job. Let the best man win.

[Reply]
TLO 08:56 AM 09-06-2017
Maybe you should bump down the difficulty, bud.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:09 PM 09-06-2017
OK, so I had a play in a game where I was standing flat-footed in a clean pocket, and missed a receiver running a five-yard slant by at least five yards. I mean it wasn't even close.

So QB Accuracy is going from 20 to 30.

And then I was testing more shit in practice and, uh, the CPU coverage slider is going down 10 points because of this bullshit:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:07 PM 09-06-2017
Week 3: Chiefs @ Chargers

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 09-07-2017
So you injured your quarterback running an option and blamed your other quarterback when you clear threw a bullet pass over the middle and ignored the LB just standing there in zone, eh?

Oh, and the last interception was because you didn't hit Kelce open on the skinny post.

Just more Clayxcuses.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 AM 09-07-2017
1. Nothing wrong with running an option.

2. That pass was supposed to go in the hole. Smith's shitty MTHA rating made it go awry. I could alter my playing style since I'm without the wonderful Bobbo Chase, but nah, son.

3. Kelce wasn't open. Especially for not for a QB with Smith's shitty MTHA. The defender was camping over the top all the way anyway.

I am blameless.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:15 AM 09-07-2017
Caveat, this is in PRO difficulty, but pretty much the default roster for the Chiefs. A completely custom playbook and audibles though.

I fell behind 17-0 to New England, but Alex came off the trading block and actually won that game for me.

Beat Philly and the Redskins fairly soundly.

Fell early to San Diego (partly due to a Mahomes pick-six) but came back to win it in overtime with a touchdown. That was fun!

Been pretty hit by injuries too though. Kelce, Conley, Morse, Hali, Houston for half a game, and Mahomes for half a game in the first four games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1. Nothing wrong with running an option.

2. That pass was supposed to go in the hole. Smith's shitty MTHA rating made it go awry. I could alter my playing style since I'm without the wonderful Bobbo Chase, but nah, son.

3. Kelce wasn't open. Especially for not for a QB with Smith's shitty MTHA. The defender was camping over the top all the way anyway.

I am blameless.
Where could that ball have possibly gone where it wasn't going to be picked? The LB was watching it the whole way and again if you 'bullet pass' the thing, it's not going to float up over the LB. Don't push the button as long.

He was open if you hit him as soon as the MLB started his backpedal (that's where you use the bullet; just as Kelce makes his cut). He was a hell of a lot more open than whoever you were throwing to on that first 'blameless' interception, that's for sure.

As for running the option, I'll remember you said that should Andy Reid get Mahomes head taken off running an option with our brand new crown jewel QB.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:17 AM 09-07-2017
And then I was testing more shit in practice and, uh, the CPU coverage slider is going down 10 points because of this bullshit:
I took the Pass Reaction Time down 10 points for the CPU after watching some bullshit moves where they suddenly jumped way ahead of the receiver to intercept it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 09-07-2017
You clearly haven't played Madden 18. That route to Kelce is 100% a pick. The linebacker is right in Kelce's path, right fucking there!

At best I could throw it up and try to make an aggressive catch but that would be foolish given that Hill was open.

Shitty throw by Smith though. Not much I can do. *sigh*
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:21 AM 09-07-2017
I would have gone in the flat... both those guys were open. You need to channel Smith more and go for the easier, short passes. You could loft it over to Kelce on that one most likely.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 09-07-2017
Do I have to diagram this shit?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 09-07-2017
You clearly haven't played Madden 18. That route to Kelce is 100% a pick. The linebacker is right in Kelce's path, right fucking there!

At best I could throw it up and try to make an aggressive catch but that would be foolish given that Hill was open.

Shitty throw by Smith though. Not much I can do. *sigh*
True, haven't played '18. But a bullet pass just at the cut right into Kelce's body as the MLB starts give ground is a completion in every version I've played in the past.

And if that's a pick, the ball that wasn't 'in the hole' is an interception every time because man that was just tailor made for a guy playing that zone. You essentially hit him in the chest with the damn thing.

Then again, I hadn't seen your clip of Hali hanging with Hill. Yeah, seems like an adjustment or two may be in order.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
True, haven't played '18. But a bullet pass just at the cut right into Kelce's body as the MLB starts give ground is a completion in every version I've played in the past.
Defender is going to jump that route easy. I threw to the more open man.

Originally Posted by :
And if that's a pick, the ball that wasn't 'in the hole' is an interception every time because man that was just tailor made for a guy playing that zone. You essentially hit him in the chest with the damn thing.
No, there was a cavernous throwing alley there. Smith just put it too far inside. You see Hill reaching at the end of the clip? That's because it was a BAD THROW. He does the same animation on the last pick. BAD FUCKING THROW BAD FUCKING QUARTERBACK BAD BAD BAD!!! I AM ENRAGED!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:12 PM 09-07-2017
Week 4: Redskins @ Chiefs

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 09-07-2017
Indeed, that throw was terrible.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up