ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 293
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 01:33 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I will definitely be getting that book.
Ordered it last night for my dad’s Christmas present. Now I just gotta keep him from hearing about it until Christmas.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:27 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Vick doesn't have a single skill that is at a NBA level. He's not even a particularly good college player and he's not all that young at this point either. Don't see it at all with him.

I doubt Newman is going anywhere based on what I've seen so far either. Not a good enough shooter, playmaker, or defender right now.
Dont agree about Vick. Id draft Vick way ahead of Newman. Vick could slide up to fringe 1st rd with a good jr yr of production
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:16 AM 11-17-2017
Vick doesn't have a single skill that is at a NBA level. He's not even a particularly good college player and he's not all that young at this point either. Don't see it at all with him.

I doubt Newman is going anywhere based on what I've seen so far either. Not a good enough shooter, playmaker, or defender right now.
This
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:03 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you dont have to score 17+ a game. Vick is an athletic high flyer. That puts butts in the seats in the NBA. I think he gets drafted because I'm assuming his game keeps getting better this year.
Neither Vick nor Newman's games translate perfectly to the NBA. They're both players that could go to the NBA this season if they break out, but their skillsets as it stands don't scream at the scouts to "Take me now". Vick is athletic but is not overly quick, and he certainly isn't strong enough to overcome the other deficiencies. That's why if one of them blows up the stat sheets, then the Scouts will give them the notice to where they will jump.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:27 AM 11-17-2017
I think your wrong.

Want to make a bet? If Vick decides to leave after this year and Vick gets drafted by the NBA, you give $20 to a vets charity. He doesn't get drafted, I give the $20 to the vets charity?
[Reply]
bobbything 09:33 AM 11-17-2017
I think your wrong.

Want to make a bet? If Vick decides to leave after this year and Vick gets drafted by the NBA, you give $20 to a vets charity. He doesn't get drafted, I give the $20 to the vets charity?
Vick reminds me a lot of Langford...who has made a great living overseas. I wouldn't be shocked if Vick gets drafted, because he appears to be the best athlete on this team, but I'd guess that his living will be made in Europe.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:46 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Vick reminds me a lot of Langford...who has made a great living overseas. I wouldn't be shocked if Vick gets drafted, because he appears to be the best athlete on this team, but I'd guess that his living will be made in Europe.
That's a terrible comparison.... Vick is extremely long and has hops that Langford would have longed for. Langford was strong, where Vick is clumsy and weak. Langford was an incredible defender and good passer, which Vick is not even close on either account. Vick is a much better pure shooter than Langford was (Until Langford developed a passable shot as a Senior)... Neither were extremely quick with the ball in their hands, so that's about the only thing I can come up with.

If you're simply meaning they're both fringe NBA guys that will make a good living overseas, then yeah... that's about all that would remind one of the other.

Vick still has an opportunity to develop some of those skills and (as I previously said) blow up the stat sheets to force his way into the draft.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:22 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
That's a terrible comparison.... Vick is extremely long and has hops that Langford would have longed for. Langford was strong, where Vick is clumsy and weak. Langford was an incredible defender and good passer, which Vick is not even close on either account. Vick is a much better pure shooter than Langford was (Until Langford developed a passable shot as a Senior)... Neither were extremely quick with the ball in their hands, so that's about the only thing I can come up with.

If you're simply meaning they're both fringe NBA guys that will make a good living overseas, then yeah... that's about all that would remind one of the other.

Vick still has an opportunity to develop some of those skills and (as I previously said) blow up the stat sheets to force his way into the draft.
Both slashers and streaky shooters. Kind of where I was going with that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:39 AM 11-17-2017
Both slashers and streaky shooters. Kind of where I was going with that.
We didn't need Langford for his shooting, though. On cold days he made up for it for his excellent defense, ball control and passing.

Vick doesn't have any of that as of now.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:51 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We didn't need Langford for his shooting, though. On cold days he made up for it for his excellent defense, ball control and passing.

Vick doesn't have any of that as of now.
Agreed, but never really thought of Langford as a great defender. Adequate, but not spectacular.
[Reply]
sedated 11:00 AM 11-17-2017
Agreed, but never really thought of Langford as a great defender. Adequate, but not spectacular.
Same here, I don't remember a single comment about his D.

What I do remember is how he could drive and float in the air just a bit longer than everyone else to make some circus shot in the lane.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:30 AM 11-17-2017
I think your wrong.

Don't dare do this shit^^^^

He tried to bet me 100 on Hillary winning Florida. When she didn't, BRC never paid up.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:33 AM 11-17-2017
Re: Langford. He was a jumping jack not far off Vick athletically. His Soph year, he was taking half court alley oop passes and slamming them on the run. He hurt his knee (had surgery)after his Soph season and lost much of his bounce - became a jump shooter and junkyard scorer in the lane. That's prob what some of you remember him as
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:17 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Don't dare do this shit^^^^

He tried to bet me 100 on Hillary winning Florida. When she didn't, BRC never paid up.
take your DC BS lies out of this thread. I'd cheat a vets charity? With my history on this site of supporting vets? Your an asshole.

You never really accepted the bet. But, I sent the package to the troops anyway. Spent over $200. Post 377 with pictures as proof. So :-)

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...217140&page=10
[Reply]
DanBecky 06:55 PM 11-17-2017
Anyone got a link to the game this evening?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 293
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up