ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 165
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:23 PM 03-27-2017
Back up in your ass with the resurrection. Follow the Cuonzo Martin era here.

Recruiting Commitments:

2017:
Michael Porter Jr., SF, *****, Gatorade National Player of the Year
CJ Roberts, PG, ****
Blake Harris, PG, ***/****
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C, ****
Kassius Robertson, Grad Transfer
Jontay Porter (possible re-classification from Class of '18), ****

Departures: No one that matters
Returning Players: No one that matters

Overall class ranking: #6 nationally.
[Reply]
kepp 02:53 PM 03-28-2017
Duke, UNC, Kentucky.....Mizzou. Even getting a visit would be something to talk about.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:14 PM 03-28-2017
The ability to star next to MPJ and to play in front of more NBA scouts than anywhere else has to be at least somewhat enticing.....
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:19 PM 03-28-2017
Those two would be ridiculous for a year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The ability to star next to MPJ and to play in front of more NBA scouts than anywhere else has to be at least somewhat enticing.....
But if you're Jordan Barnett, present power forward who busted his ass playing for this shitty team last year and is a damn good player in his own right, don't you kinda look at MPJ recruiting fellow one-and-done kids to come bury you your senior year and think to yourself "Man...what the fuck?!?!"

Barnett's a very good player and there are a whole slew of guys that aren't. I think you have to be cognizant of that when you may only free up a couple more scholarships that could be better utilized at C or the 2 spot. Because Barnett and Porter at 3-4 seems like a pretty nice fit. Unless Porter sees himself as a 2 which...hell, he might be. Then you put Knox at the 4 and Barnett at the 3.

Eh, getting a bit ahead of myself here. I'd just hate to see Barnett be a good soldier for a year and then get fucked.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:36 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But if you're Jordan Barnett, present power forward who busted his ass playing for this shitty team last year and is a damn good player in his own right, don't you kinda look at MPJ recruiting fellow one-and-done kids to come bury you your senior year and think to yourself "Man...what the fuck?!?!"

Barnett's a very good player and there are a whole slew of guys that aren't. I think you have to be cognizant of that when you may only free up a couple more scholarships that could be better utilized at C or the 2 spot. Because Barnett and Porter at 3-4 seems like a pretty nice fit. Unless Porter sees himself as a 2 which...hell, he might be. Then you put Knox at the 3 and Barnett at the 3.

Eh, getting a bit ahead of myself here. I'd just hate to see Barnett be a good soldier for a year and then get fucked.

He was fine coming off the bench for s terrible team he was he best player on. I think Barnett would be OK with it.

Also think you can start all three. Porter handled the ball well enough to play a 2 guard spot in college. Would give you an interesting array of length and flexibility, basically giving you three interchangeable guys on the floor at all times (two super freak athletes, one above average).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:03 PM 03-28-2017
@todpalmer: Porter Jr. said Mizzou still needs to add size. Hasn't given up on East St. Louis' Jeremiah Tilmon: "I'm on him hard."

@hochman: Just talked to McDonald's All-Am Kevin Knox II - said going to MIZ is "a possibility" and Porter Jr has been recruiting him hard to join him

@MizzouHoops: .@CuonzoMartin out around St. Louis today, visiting the @stltoday offices this morning.

#MIZ #ShowMe 🐯🏀 https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/stat...187841/photo/1
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:34 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
Duke, UNC, Kentucky.....Mizzou. Even getting a visit would be something to talk about.

For him to even consider Mizzou is amazing.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:35 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:

There would be a whole section of scouts.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:42 PM 03-28-2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:59 PM 03-28-2017
Don't let the damn dirty beakers know it, but who I want isn't the next Josh Jackson - it's the next Frank Mason.

That kid was a 4-year player for them that improved every year. By this season he was a dead-eye 3-point shooter and defensive stalwart. He bled for that team and he'll call himself a jayhawk until the day he dies.

Josh Jackson? Wiggins? Embiid, McLemore, Oubre, etc....those guys can say all the right things but they'll never have the attachment to Kansas that Mason will have. Or guys from my younger years like Jacque Vaugh, etc...

That's who I hope we can start bringing again - guys that belong at this level, want to be here, want to improve and care about the University as more than just a stepping stone to the NBA. Those were the guys we were able to win with in the past.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 09:11 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don't let the damn dirty beakers know it, but who I want isn't the next Josh Jackson - it's the next Frank Mason.

That kid was a 4-year player for them that improved every year. By this season he was a dead-eye 3-point shooter and defensive stalwart. He bled for that team and he'll call himself a jayhawk until the day he dies.

Josh Jackson? Wiggins? Embiid, McLemore, Oubre, etc....those guys can say all the right things but they'll never have the attachment to Kansas that Mason will have. Or guys from my younger years like Jacque Vaugh, etc...

That's who I hope we can start bringing again - guys that belong at this level, want to be here, want to improve and care about the University as more than just a stepping stone to the NBA. Those were the guys we were able to win with in the past.
It's hard not to like Frank Mason, regardless of who he plays for.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:24 PM 03-28-2017
I'm just glad I have a desire to care about MU basketball again.
[Reply]
bowener 12:20 AM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
It's hard not to like Frank Mason, regardless of who he plays for.
True story: I almost ran over* him on campus the day of his senior game.

*I was driving like 5mph on campus and he stepped off the curb in the middle of a street as I was approaching.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:15 AM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
True story: I almost ran over* him on campus the day of his senior game.

*I was driving like 5mph on campus and he stepped off the curb in the middle of a street as I was approaching.
You could have been a hero. :-)

I like the guy too though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 03-29-2017
Doing a facebook live interview with the KC Star right now (not sure if it's on the radio anywhere).

G'damn, no wonder recruits love this guy. He's just amazingly relateable and would be for a ton of walks of life. His upbringing in some damn poor areas, family issues (brother in prison), tenacity and drive to get out of there. His time in at Purdue with Keady, time in the NBA and Europe, the cancer and recovery. His wears his faith on his sleeve.

And it's not slick, that's the thing. He face can be pained and you can see him struggle with answers here and there. He's thoughtful and expressive. His candor comes across as a guy that is completely genuine.

I really like this guy.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 165
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up