ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 300
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
sedated 01:21 PM 11-13-2017
I agree the editing has been pretty bad. I didn't even know what was going on in episode 2, after the big showdown with the Saviors and Negan getting stuck in the RV with Gabriel, the next episode started with just a bunch of random action and groups doing...stuff...that was never really explained.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:25 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Spoiler!
Exactly, and since we're on that subject... that thing was the single dumbest aspect of the whole show, even if it was a big part of the comics
[Reply]
vailpass 02:40 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Exactly, and since we're on that subject... that thing was the single dumbest aspect of the whole show, even if it was a big part of the comics
I get that it's a show about zombies so suspension of disbelief is just part of the deal. But they have to meet us half way and not make it so ridiculous you laugh.
They could have redeemed themselves though if, before he got zombied upon,they'd have had the tiger rip out the King's vocal cords.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:46 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I get that it's a show about zombies so suspension of disbelief is just part of the deal. But they have to meet us half way and not make it so ridiculous you laugh.
They could have redeemed themselves though if, before he got zombied upon,they'd have had the tiger rip out the King's vocal cords.
Right, the audience has to play along here but you said it perfectly, they have to meet us half way

A pet tiger on a leash :-)

And it always knows who to attack in the middle of a battle :-)

I'm in for the rest of this season, then definitely I'm out
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:46 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by sedated:
I doubt AMC, a channel that has spared no expense on shows prior, would cheap out on their flagship show. TWD has consistently had episodes without individual characters.
Here's an interesting article on this:

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-th...2Ftheverge.com

Excerpt:

But the show is burning rubber at the starting line. We’re now halfway through the front half of the season, yet Negan is still trapped in a trailer, and every major character has remained relatively static. If this season is a chess match, then showrunner Scott Gimple is still fiddling with his pawns.

Now, on “Some Guy,” we’re getting yet another bottle episode (a standalone episode with fewer cast members and locations, usually to save on budget). The tactic is a favorite of both AMC and the show’s writers, because it keeps the plot from moving too fast, and avoids unnecessary spending. This one happens to be about Ezekiel, one of the few recently introduced characters worth paying attention to. Still, the fact that The Walking Dead thinks it can get away with a third bottle episode in a row is mind-boggling. It certainly doesn’t bode well for our villain Negan, who’s had less airtime this season than Ezekiel's CGI tiger and remains mysteriously absent yet again.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:10 AM 11-14-2017
IMO. What they are doing is jumping from one story to the next to the next. The timeline is essentially staying the same, just at the perspective of each story. Keep in mind the season premiere was a time jump to (slightly) older Rick. The stories will all tie in together in glorious AMC fashion.
Losing key members of the serious has hurt, but it does follow the comic fairly close.
[Reply]
sedated 09:22 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Here's an interesting article on this:

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-th...2Ftheverge.com
Yeah I read a bit about that after I posted. AMC has cut the budget, and has since the 2nd season, because this is the first show that they own completely and therefore have all the financial risk. Mad Men and Breaking Bad were owned by Lionsgate/Sony.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:27 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
IMO. What they are doing is jumping from one story to the next to the next. The timeline is essentially staying the same, just at the perspective of each story. Keep in mind the season premiere was a time jump to (slightly) older Rick. The stories will all tie in together in glorious AMC fashion.
Losing key members of the serious has hurt, but it does follow the comic fairly close.
Yep, everything we have seen this season has happened within the context of a single day or two. The show runners have done this before, a couple of seasons ago, where the entire first half of a season only spans a single day in the show's universe.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:51 PM 11-14-2017
Question.

When Ezekiel and Jerry were fighting off the walkers by the gate, how come we didn't hear the gunshots from Carol's shootout with the other dudes?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:25 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Question.

When Ezekiel and Jerry were fighting off the walkers by the gate, how come we didn't hear the gunshots from Carol's shootout with the other dudes?
You do.......... Bigger question, HOW THE LITERAL FUCK DOES A .50 Cal not tear ricks jeep the fuck up!?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 03:46 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You do.......... Bigger question, HOW THE LITERAL **** DOES A .50 Cal not tear ricks jeep the **** up!?
Just came here to post that. Seriously. It was like tiny "ping! ping!" off the front grill.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:43 PM 11-14-2017
"We shall lose not one on this day!" Who knew King Ezekiel was actually talking about The Walking Dead's ratings on Sunday night?

With an episode focused on the mighty king this week, The Walking Dead finally rose in the TV ratings, the first time it's done so all season. "Some Guy" managed to haul in 8.69 million viewers on the night, earning a 3.9 rating among adults 18-49. These numbers were both slight increases from the previous week where is scored a 3.8 rating, and had just 8.52 million viewers.

The season has been a bit of a struggle for The Walking Dead, beginning with October's premiere. The debut episode of Season 8 was the show's lowest rated premiere episode since Season 3, grabbing 11.44 million viewers. The ratings then declined in three consecutive weeks.

Despite the struggles, the AMC series has still dominated Sunday nights. The next highest-rated cable series on the night was Talking Dead, The Walking Dead's after-show. Chris Hardwick's series had 3.1 million folks tuning in, earning a 1.3 rating in the demographic.

Hopefully, as Season 8 continues, The Walking Dead can find a way to continue rising in the ratings, even if it just is a little at a time.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/...day-night-amc/
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:30 PM 11-19-2017
Well, tonight certainly had an interesting development
[Reply]
notorious 09:35 PM 11-19-2017
So much better.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:40 PM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
So much better.
Spoiler!