ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Bill Snyder Ruined The Future Of K-State Football
Titty Meat 02:51 PM 11-16-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...184976418.html

:-) Leavitt was a damn good coach at USF and the reason why Colorado turned it around last year as the DC and went to shit when he left. Instead K-State will hire Snyder's unqualified son.
[Reply]
Coach 09:49 PM 11-18-2017
Dane and Duncan,

That's why I made the last paragraph comments, which I don't blame Venables for it. I mean, if I get a job where I am suppose to focus on recruiting, X and O's, and coordinate the offense/defense for almost a million a year, and not having to deal with the after-game media and all that heavy lifting (donors, meetings, etc.), I would be: "Where do I sign up"?
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:59 PM 11-18-2017
Venables does have a different perspective on career and happiness after his brother’s deal and Austin Box.

He also understands how important recruiting is and has removed himself from contention at KState because of that in the past.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:17 PM 11-18-2017
He's another Bo Pelini. But winning 9 games a year is good at K-State
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:26 PM 11-18-2017
You also should remember how pissed Bill was at Stoops for taking his assistants 19 years ago. Then after 2001 Snyder loathed all the OU coaches. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bill was trying to block an uninterested Venables.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:04 AM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
You also should remember how pissed Bill was at Stoops for taking his assistants 19 years ago. Then after 2001 Snyder loathed all the OU coaches. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bill was trying to block an uninterested Venables.
He had a right to be. Announce that right before the Big XII CCG? That was a dick move.

But he set everything right on December 6, 2003 when Snydz let Sproles run wild and destroyed the myth of Stoops and OU. Snydz literally ruined Stoops/his staff/ that night.

"Greatest College Football Team Of All Time".
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:17 AM 11-19-2017
Venables got a little of that sine back when he was hired at Clemson. He was once the darling of all coordinators. But he got bumped out of his job by Mike Stoops when he failed at Arizona. (41-50).

Fortunately he fell into a great position at Clemson.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:50 PM 01-03-2018
Coming back for another season :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up