ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Boston Planeteers - Travel Advice
wazu 10:33 PM 10-03-2017
Taking a trip there in November. Will have a full weekend to hang out and see the town. Any key areas to target? I'm a big fan of Revolutionary War-era history, so Freedom Trail is on the list. Any thoughts on best way to do that are appreciated. Wanted to see Bunker Hill but all my googling so far brings up a monument. Probably want to see that, too, but thought there might actually be the battleground location somewhere to get a better feel for lay of the land.

One of my buddies who will be there was interested in touring Sam Adams brewery, so we're looking into that as possibility. Any can't-miss places to eat? Trying to figure out a good central area to find a hotel. And of course, want to find a good bar to watch the Chiefs game in on Sunday. Thanks for any help!
[Reply]
Pablo 05:34 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Is there a Boston to English translator app you can get for your phone? May come in handy.
Tom Brady in Bostonian roughly translates to 'I love to suck a cock'.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:05 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Yeah, my grandfather owned a couple pieces of property in Marblehead in the early 70's. Bet he wishes he didn't sell.

Any of the New Englanders here been to Deer Isle, Maine? My family comes from there originally but I've never been. Planning a trip next summer.
Nope never been but have been to Mt Desert isle next to it. Brother lives in Freeport. That area is very nice—much of Maine is. Coastal hamlets are quaint and there there is the wilderness section which is completely different. I used to river raft many summers up there.

I was too young to buy in 70's. I bought much, much later but still made very good money on the property. Actually, I thought it was a killing at the time, never thinking it could go much higher.
[Reply]
Pointer19 06:08 PM 10-07-2017
My Uber driver is a Pats fan. #triggered
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:09 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
My Uber driver is a Pats fan. #triggered
I am too. Have I triggered you too?

Both Pats, Bucs and Noles. Great game with Miami and Noles today.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:14 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Nope never been but have been to Mt Desert isle next to it. Brother lives in Freeport. That area is very nice—much of Maine is. Coastal hamlets are quaint and there there is the wilderness section which is completely different. I used to river raft many summers up there.

I was too young to buy in 70's. I bought much, much later but still made very good money on the property. Actually, I thought it was a killing at the time, never thinking it could go much higher.
Yeah, I've heard great things about the area. It looks gorgeous in the pictures I've seen. Planning on doing a lot of kayaking/camping. Eating lots of lobstah, too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:15 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Yeah, I've heard great things about the area. It looks gorgeous in the pictures I've seen. Planning on doing a lot of kayaking/camping. Eating lots of lobstah, too.
It's fresh and cheap there too.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:21 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It's fresh and cheap there too.
Stonington is one of the top ports in the world as far as tonnage goes for lobster. It might be the top port, actually.
[Reply]
wazu 02:52 PM 11-17-2017
On a plane to Boston right now so reading back through all this. Still considering best options for watching game Sunday. Anybody been to White Horse Tavern? Saw one site claiming it was best for Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:14 PM 11-17-2017
go have some beers with guys named Bleecher, Skeezer, and Squeezebox.
[Reply]
wazu 04:05 PM 11-18-2017
Did the Freedom Trail tour today and it was amazing. Ate at Durgin-Park last night. Waitress was mostly nice but gave my friend some trouble for not ordering beers when I did, thus doubling her work. Bartender there was a lady who engaged us in political discussion. She was a fierce Trump supporter so almost asked if she was, herself, BEP. At “Last Hurrah” now drinking whiskey.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:14 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:
On a plane to Boston right now so reading back through all this. Still considering best options for watching game Sunday. Anybody been to White Horse Tavern? Saw one site claiming it was best for Chiefs fans.
I went away on a business trip and forgot to ask my cousin, who won't be around his tavern. Not that this is the same place.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:15 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:
Did the Freedom Trail tour today and it was amazing. Ate at Durgin-Park last night. Waitress was mostly nice but gave my friend some trouble for not ordering beers when I did, thus doubling her work. Bartender there was a lady who engaged us in political discussion. She was a fierce Trump supporter so almost asked if she was, herself, BEP. At “Last Hurrah” now drinking whiskey.
:-)

On I've done my share of criticizing him. Glad you enjoyed the Freedom Trail.
[Reply]
wazu 11:30 PM 11-18-2017
We will be at White Horse tomorrow for any who want to join.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up