ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Shadow of War
The Franchise 04:08 PM 03-10-2017
Sequel to Shadow of Mordor.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:10 AM 10-18-2017
Just started playing, but haven't made it very far.
[Reply]
Fish 10:23 AM 10-18-2017
I'm reading some videos addressing "Orc farming". Which involves branding them and leveling them up, then immediately killing/shaming them/making them fight other Orcs/etc, which changes their attributes. Hilarious...

[Reply]
ChiefGator 11:35 AM 10-18-2017
I don't even think I saw my follower in my game.. I did encounter my nemesis fairly early and killed them. Don't waste too much time in the Nemesis Forge.. orcs are expendable and the first time you see your nemesis, you HAVE to get rid of them to progress. It is actually pretty tough arena fight and they come third.. roll a nice easy nemesis.. :-)

Not all the attributes translate over either.. some may have, but mostly it was just the look of the orc.

EDIT: Oh, your follower is apparently a prisoner you help to release fairly far along the Bruz questline.. just one of three.. Totally didn't recognize him apparently.
[Reply]
Fish 11:51 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
I don't even think I saw my follower in my game.. I did encounter my nemesis fairly early and killed them. Don't waste too much time in the Nemesis Forge.. orcs are expendable and the first time you see your nemesis, you HAVE to get rid of them to progress. It is actually pretty tough arena fight and they come third.. roll a nice easy nemesis.. :-)

Not all the attributes translate over either.. some may have, but mostly it was just the look of the orc.

EDIT: Oh, your follower is apparently a prisoner you help to release fairly far along the Bruz questline.. just one of three.. Totally didn't recognize him apparently.
He's probably all depressed now because you don't even know who he is. Way to go.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:22 PM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
He's probably all depressed now because you don't even know who he is. Way to go.
He is a bit weak to depression... but every Orc needs a weakness
[Reply]
ChiefGator 01:53 PM 10-19-2017
On a side note, just go ahead and play with Nemesis difficulty. It isn't that much more difficult than Normal really. I started over, thinking it would give me a real challenge, but I just died for the first time and I am level 19, and I am about to enter the Arena quest.

(Arena and the Fall quests may very well require I lower the difficulty, but that is really my main difficulty gripe with the game.. most the game is fairly simple, and then all of a sudden there are about 5 just completely impossible quests throughout the game. Difficulty should be a bit more even.)
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:18 PM 11-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Thought about picking up Fractured today but I decided not to because I wanted to finish SoM. Let me know how it is.
Fractured was really funny. Basically a 30 hour episode of SP. Just go ahead and make your character black when you start. It's not even noticeable in difficulty and will save you a second play-through. Def worth a pick up when the price drops.

Took a long time to start SoM because I picked up AC:Origins. It was one of the easiest platinums ever. I was disappointed that I didn't even have to beat it on hard difficulty to get it. However, they definitely saved the franchise with this iteration. Although there are the typical big game glitch or two there is only one game breaking one but they're aware of and patching it. The updated battle mechanics are smooth, you no longer have to tweak the camera to weird angles in the middle of fights. The micro level story is ok. The impressive thing is that Ubi actually managed to add to the overall story arc (which, includes the movie franchise) without it feeling completely forced. Also worth a pick up when it price drops.

Loving SoM so far but after reading the comments here I might just restart on Nemesis difficulty as I'm only a scrub level 10.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up