ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>New Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound"
InChiefsHeaven 08:01 AM 03-10-2020

This looks good...Comes out in June 2020.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:55 AM 07-10-2020
Dropped today on Apple TV.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:27 PM 07-10-2020
Excellent flick. Much better than the trailers made it look.

Only 90 minutes long so no wasted moments and moves at fast clip. Extremely well made.
[Reply]
Stryker 12:26 AM 07-11-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Excellent flick. Much better than the trailers made it look.

Only 90 minutes long so no wasted moments and moves at fast clip. Extremely well made.
This, I enjoyed it as well! Most was filmed in Baton Rouge, LA from the docked USS KIDD. Good movie :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 04:03 PM 07-11-2020
Just finished it. Loved it. Very well done. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 10:30 PM 07-11-2020
Watched it today. Started off with a weirdly awkward exchange between Hanks and Shue. But after that goofy irrelevant bit, it was really great. Caught myself literally at the edge of my seat a few times with the action. Pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 AM 07-12-2020
If anyone cares, the podcast Hardcore History Addendum podcast has Dan Carlin interviewing Hanks. It’s a really good goddamned podcast. I haven’t cared too much about what Hanks has to say about anything but it was a really good listen.

Is there a place I can watch this without an Apple TV subscription?
[Reply]
Fish 12:59 PM 07-12-2020
https://www.vidlox.me/enise1htvkbl

Malware app highly recommended
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is there a place I can watch this without an Apple TV subscription?
There's a 7 day free trial available and after that, it's $4.99 per month.

My wife wanted (and received) an Apple TV 4K device for Mother's Day (even though we have 6 Roku TV's), which comes with a full year of Apple TV. They have a Roku app, so hopefully, I'll have time to watch this film in the next few days.

FYI, Hanks produced this film, which is part of the reason why he was so bummed out that it wasn't going to be released in theaters and going to Apple TV only, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I LOVE his work and That Thing You Do, which he also wrote and produced (while co-writing the songs) is a regular staple in my home.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:38 PM 07-12-2020
He also wrote the screenplay.

Very refreshing film as well. No agenda, no subplots, no preaching, just straight forward good guys versus bad guys. It's the kind of movie that could have been made 50 or 60 years ago, only with models in a big tank instead of CGI.
[Reply]
Jenson71 03:07 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He also wrote the screenplay.

Very refreshing film as well. No agenda, no subplots, no preaching, just straight forward good guys versus bad guys. It's the kind of movie that could have been made 50 or 60 years ago, only with models in a big tank instead of CGI.
Exactly what I thought. It even had the classic clapping/swelling music ending.

Overall, I liked it. It reminded me that anyone who signs up for the Navy is nearly insane.

I had no idea that U-boats needed to come up for air.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:19 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Exactly what I thought. It even had the classic clapping/swelling music ending.

Overall, I liked it. It reminded me that anyone who signs up for the Navy is nearly insane.

I had no idea that U-boats needed to come up for air.
The subs of that era could only operate submerged for limited amounts of time. While completely underwater, they ran on battery power, as the diesel engines required air to function. They would run out of both breathable air and power if they stayed under for too long.
[Reply]
Jenson71 03:30 PM 07-12-2020
The subs of that era could only operate submerged for limited amounts of time. While completely underwater, they ran on battery power, as the diesel engines required air to function. They would run out of both breathable air and power if they stayed under for too long.
A History channel website says they could be under water for about 2 hours. That blows my mind. I honestly thought they were roaming around for about as long as their food/ammunition supplies could last.
[Reply]
Sorry 03:34 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's a 7 day free trial available and after that, it's $4.99 per month.

My wife wanted (and received) an Apple TV 4K device for Mother's Day (even though we have 6 Roku TV's), which comes with a full year of Apple TV. They have a Roku app, so hopefully, I'll have time to watch this film in the next few days.

FYI, Hanks produced this film, which is part of the reason why he was so bummed out that it wasn't going to be released in theaters and going to Apple TV only, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I LOVE his work and That Thing You Do, which he also wrote and produced (while co-writing the songs) is a regular staple in my home.
Damn didn’t realize Tom cowrote on TTYD, it’s one of my fav movies. “I quit”
[Reply]
Frazod 03:40 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
A History channel website says they could be under water for about 2 hours. That blows my mind. I honestly thought they were roaming around for about as long as their food/ammunition supplies could last.
It's been many years since I've seen Das Boot. Seems like it would be a nice companion movie to Greyhound. Perhaps I'll watch it tonight.
[Reply]
Jenson71 03:45 PM 07-12-2020
It's been many years since I've seen Das Boot. Seems like it would be a nice companion movie to Greyhound. Perhaps I'll watch it tonight.
Unfortunately it’s about 3x the length.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up