Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>The CW'S New Batwoman
Tribal Warfare 07:15 AM 07-10-2020

Say hello to the new Batwoman! @CWBatwoman pic.twitter.com/7F8Wfshs6X

— Warner Bros. TV (@warnerbrostv) July 8, 2020

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 03:30 PM 07-18-2020
So many people are sleeping on legends of tomorrow. First season sucked but season 2 on is fantastic.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:39 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
So many people are sleeping on legends of tomorrow. First season sucked but season 2 on is fantastic.
I just finished the last season on Netflix, and it was awesome. I'm not sure it hasn't been the best CW show the last 4 years. And I'm a big fan of Supernatural (also really enjoyed their last 'season', looking forward to the end whenever they can do it).
[Reply]
007 04:07 PM 07-18-2020

I gave up on it mid season last year
it just got too bizarre and stupid.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:21 AM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
So here's what I think the problems are.

The CW definitely aims towards teens and girls so their storylines do have a lot of angst and romance in them. But the problem is more the nature of the characters themselves. Everyone knows that Marvel's characters are more flawed and thus more relatable. The DC characters are very one-dimensional and always have been. Aquaman lives underwater, Flash can run fast, Green Arrow uses arrows, blah blah blah. The only character who isn't one-dimensional is Batman, which is why IMO he's so popular. So when you start to try to give these characters backstory and delve into personal lives and try to give them complicated relationships, it starts to seem very soap opera-y and unnecessary.

Couple that with the very one-dimensional "heroes vs. villians" plotlines and it just becomes very tiresome very quickly. And then you can throw in some lazy writing and repetitive plotlines (e.g. Oliver and his island, Barry and time travel and his future disappearance).

Oh, and did I mention that TV just doesn't lend itself that well to superheroes? It's one thing to have an expensively-produced star-powered 2-hour theatrical movie full of special effects; it's entirely another to have a low-budget weekly show where you need to kill a lot of time. Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot will get the edge there every time.
I can agree there. I liked the one season of Swamp Thing on DC universe...think that will air on cw def worth a watch. It's really too bad they cancelled it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:40 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I can agree there. I liked the one season of Swamp Thing on DC universe...think that will air on cw def worth a watch. It's really too bad they cancelled it.
HBOMax is working to produce Justice League Dark as a series. All hope isn't lost for Seamp Thing
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:06 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
I gave up on it mid season last year
it just got too bizarre and stupid.
That's why i love it. I thought heyworld was a little dumb but i love the chances they take on the show.
[Reply]
Fish 10:14 AM 07-20-2020
Man, I don't know. I watched one episode of that, and it was the dumbest shit ever. Just super lame.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:25 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
HBOMax is working to produce Justice League Dark as a series. All hope isn't lost for Seamp Thing
Definitely want Swamp Thing ...hope it happens.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:16 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Swamp Thing was/is the best thing on DC Universe.

Would love fro CW to pick it up, if they keep it close to what it is on DC Universe.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up