Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:57 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Any way we can dump cecil?

Probably not....
its addition by subtraction. Dewitt just needs to write that money off and get some young guys up here and see what they can do.

Dump

Cecil
Gregerson
Holland
Norris
Fowler

And Mr. Dewitt, the next time Mo wants to add a 30+ year old vet, tell him fuck no.

Thanks,
The Fans
[Reply]
bdj23 02:19 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its addition by subtraction. Dewitt just needs to write that money off and get some young guys up here and see what they can do.

Dump

Cecil
Gregerson
Holland
Norris
Fowler

And Mr. Dewitt, the next time Mo wants to add a 30+ year old vet, tell him **** no.

Thanks,
The Fans
Add Leake into that list and that is a ton of money spent on what amouts to a pile of shit.

Holland and Cecil are Charlie Weis tier.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:19 PM 07-27-2018
how in the hell did we get a teams top 10 prospect for Tui? I never saw Tui even at the level of JAG.
Elledge is ranked as our 21st prospect, so it's a lottery ticket.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:25 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Nothing worse than blowhard vets who are also clubhouse snitches.

They put his bitch ass on the DL to try and recoup some value. They'll probably eat his contract in the offseason along with Gregerson.

God, Mo's gotta go.

Also, there were rumors in Colorado that Holland was an alcoholic, and supposedly, a lot of guys in the clubhouse don't like Ozuna.
I find that weird about Ozuna, when i sat in left field in April Ozuna seemed like a hell of a nice guy. He was constantly interacting with fans and tossing balls in the stands.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:28 PM 07-27-2018
I find that weird about Ozuna, when i sat in left field in April Ozuna seemed like a hell of a nice guy. He was constantly interacting with fans and tossing balls in the stands.
It could be that a lot of guys are stuffy assholes, too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 07-27-2018
how in the hell did we get a teams top 10 prospect for Tui? I never saw Tui even at the level of JAG.
The Mariners system isn't very good.

He's probably borderline top 20 in ours. A pure reliever already being that high in the Ms system is more of an indictment on their minor leagues than a statement of what we got in return.

Ultimately the key is that the guy has options and Tui didn't. It gives them a lot more flexibility in the coming months as they try to run guys like Webb, etc... through to see what they have for next season.

Tui is fine but he's become a bit of an anchor in that we can't send him down and we don't see him as more than a 7th inning guy. We also need some roster room on the 25 for some youth development.

I like the trade overall - but it's really trading Tui for someone that is probably going to have a career very similar to Tui's over the long haul. I think he'll be a little better because his fastball actually moves, but don't go expecting Craig Kimbrel or anything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:54 PM 07-27-2018
It could be that a lot of guys are stuffy assholes, too.
I'm sure a lot of players are alcoholics. Hyped up after a game. Go to the local bars and have women throw them self’s at you. Or if your faithful to the wife, you drink to pass the alone time. The players in the 50’s and 60’s admitted to staying out all night drinking and popping speed the next day to function.

Humans today are still the same basic humans from that era. A 24 year old is just not going to have the maturity to make the right choices they will have at 42.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:58 PM 07-27-2018
Elledge is ranked as our 21st prospect, so it's a lottery ticket.
i’ll take our 21st best prospect over Tui any day. We know what Tui is. Another prospect may someday be better than Tui.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:05 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I like the trade overall - but it's really trading Tui for someone that is probably going to have a career very similar to Tui's over the long haul. I think he'll be a little better because his fastball actually moves, but don't go expecting Craig Kimbrel or anything.
you and Hamas go to fangraphs. From there......

They seem to think that we could possibly get Andujar and Devers for Carp. BS rumor or a possibility?
[Reply]
VAChief 05:10 PM 07-27-2018
Right now I would take anything the Yanks or Astros or anybody else looking for a hitter to get rid of Ozuna. We are stuck with Fowler unless they go the release route. Go young and athletic and see what you have before heading into the offseason.

We have as much chance of miraculously making the playoffs with Bader, Pham, O’Neill and Martinez in the outfield as with Fowler and Ozuna.

Unfortunately the best we can hope for is some sanity on where Ozuna bats and maybe a few more rest days for him. Which means Bader rots on the bench and our best sluggingoutfielder in the minors right now continues to crush in obscurity.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:12 PM 07-27-2018
While cutting dead weight is a positive thing, that’s like re-arranging chairs on the Titanic.

I want, realistically, JMart, one of Wacha/Mikolas/CMart traded(I changed my view on keeping Mikolas), as well as Pham and Norris traded.

The only position players I’d prefer to not see traded are Marp, DeJong, Yadi, and Ozuna.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:19 PM 07-27-2018
you and Hamas go to fangraphs. From there......

They seem to think that we could possibly get Andujar and Devers for Carp. BS rumor or a possibility?
Twitter to find some opinions from the trading team's fans, then to team blogs. Then if I can find some good scouting service reports and youtube. Nothing remarkably complicated.

Carpenter for Devers would be ballsy as fuck, man. I mean that's the kind of move that can get a GM fired. But then again, Moe should be about ready to get fired anyway so if that's the kind of move he needs to make to save his job, he should try it.

Andujar? Nah, I don't see the ceiling that I see with Devers. Devers is just so damn young. Adujar is young as well but there's a big difference between 21 and 23. And Devers is a lefty. But the concern with Devers is whether he can stay at 3b defensively and if he can't, man that's a disaster. There doesn't appear to be that concern with Andujar.

I'd have Oquendo watch Devers on film and if says he can fix him, I'd see if I could get Groom included and pull the trigger. Andujar...well I'd swing hard and see if they'd gimme Andujar and Sheffield. If so, I'd take it. I don't think they'd bite though.

I wonder if Martinez for Derek Fisher of the Astros gets any traction...
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:25 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Twitter to find some opinions from the trading team's fans, then to team blogs. Then if I can find some good scouting service reports and youtube. Nothing remarkably complicated.

Carpenter for Devers would be ballsy as ****, man. I mean that's the kind of move that can get a GM fired. But then again, Moe should be about ready to get fired anyway so if that's the kind of move he needs to make to save his job, he should try it.

Andujar? Nah, I don't see the ceiling that I see with Devers. Devers is just so damn young. Adujar is young as well but there's a big difference between 21 and 23. And Devers is a lefty. But the concern with Devers is whether he can stay at 3b defensively and if he can't, man that's a disaster. There doesn't appear to be that concern with Andujar.

I'd have Oquendo watch Devers on film and if says he can fix him, I'd see if I could get Groom included and pull the trigger. Andujar...well I'd swing hard and see if they'd gimme Andujar and Sheffield. If so, I'd take it. I don't think they'd bite though.

I wonder if Martinez for Derek Fisher of the Astros gets any traction...
Mo isn’t going anywhere unless he pisses off ownership.

He’s been following DeWitt’s orders and honestly hasn’t ****ed up the team long term in addition to being competent with regards to the draft.

No one thought Fowler would regress this bad or that Ozuna would be preforming well below his career average. The only thing I think you can fault for Mo in hindsight is the bullpen, but again, he tried addressing that and nothing worked out aside from Norris. Leone got hurt as well as Gregerson. Holland sucked.

Additionally, Marp had a horrible streak for a month and a half.

DeWitt either has to give Mo approval to spend more or tank. Otherwise, seasons from 2016 to now, will be what the norm is.

It’s a ****ing miracle they’re even .500 given that 60% of their initial rotation is on the DL and how bad Fowler and Ozuna have under performed in addition to missing DeJong and Yadi for extended periods of time.

Mo shouldn’t be on the hot seat until we see what the plans are for the present and the future. If he believes this roster is like the 2015 Blue Jays, then go all in. If not, sell and plan for the future.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Mo isn’t going anywhere unless he pisses off ownership.

He’s been following DeWitt’s orders and honestly hasn’t ****ed up the team long term in addition to being competent with regards to the draft.

No one thought Fowler would regress this bad or that Ozuna would be preforming well below his career average. The only thing I think you can fault for Mo in hindsight is the bullpen, but again, he tried addressing that and nothing worked out aside from Norris. Leone got hurt as well as Gregerson. Holland sucked.

Additionally, Marp had a horrible streak for a month and a half.

DeWitt either has to give Mo approval to spend more or tank. Otherwise, seasons from 2016 to now, will be what the norm is.

It’s a ****ing miracle they’re even .500 given that 60% of their initial rotation is on the DL and how bad Fowler and Ozuna have under performed in addition to missing DeJong and Yadi for extended periods of time.

Mo shouldn’t be on the hot seat until we see what the plans are for the present and the future. If he believes this roster is like the 2015 Blue Jays, then go all in. If not, sell and plan for the future.
I heard on a podcast this afternoon a clip they played from the Matheny firing press conference in which Mo said “my job is to make Mr. Dewitt money.” They had 40K+ last homestand. Team value up to $1.9 BILLION. Mo ain’t going to be fired this off season.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:25 PM 07-27-2018
I heard on a podcast this afternoon a clip they played from the Matheny firing press conference in which Mo said “my job is to make Mr. Dewitt money.” They had 40K+ last homestand. Team value up to $1.9 BILLION. Mo ain’t going to be fired this off season.
This is where DeWitt needs to not be a dumbass. Any idiot can run a profitable organization in this climate; what's harder is to run a good one. Mo has dragged this team down to Carl Peterson levels.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 301
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up