ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 293
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:32 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is why Russian trolls are successful.
I hear they feast on people who tell themselves only what they want to hear. (Cough-cough, looks straight at you, laughing)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:19 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
When I was in HS rushing fraternities at KU, my eventual frat took me and friends to see strippers. It was appalling, I never got over the degradation. I think the campus IFC made them take down the 1993 photo composite off the wall.
When I was in grad school at KU, my prof would sometimes take his male grad students to a strip club outside of town that had an all you can eat lunch buffet. I don't think the place was allowed to sell alcohol, but he would have us over at his house for pool and all the beer you wanted to drink.

I don't suppose anybody would attempt anything like that now.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:28 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I hear they feast on people who tell themselves only what they want to hear. (Cough-cough, looks straight at you, laughing)
Actually, you completely misunderstand their intention. They operated on both sides of the spectrum, both as ultra-right Trumpists as well as far left absolutist supporters of BLM and Bernie and Hilary. The point was to make each side intolerably hardline in the eyes of the other, so that the regular people would become disillusioned and stop meeting each other on the common ground, which is where the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of us live.

But, if people refuse to even acknowledge their influence and existence, it becomes that much harder to root out the problem. No worries, though, the national security advisor now admits what Mueller's investigation has confirmed and indicted: Russian Psyops were directly meddling in the US election on our own soil.

Now, back to the previous topic, which apparently many others ALSO misunderstand.

The streak is an historic achievement that may live on forever. But the second someone wins 15 in a row, it means nothing.

A national title, however, lives on forever, no matter what happens later (unless you're Louisville). That is why a title banner is more important that the streak, which is ALSO an important achievement.

Life isn't binary, people. Two things can be important at the same time, and in different measures. Like, winning a $75,000 jackpot vs. having your penis stay attached. Both good, one better.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:35 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Actually, you completely misunderstand their intention. They operated on both sides of the spectrum, both as ultra-right Trumpists as well as far left absolutist supporters of BLM and Bernie and Hilary. The point was to make each side intolerably hardline in the eyes of the other, so that the regular people would become disillusioned and stop meeting each other on the common ground, which is where the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of us live.

But, if people refuse to even acknowledge their influence and existence, it becomes that much harder to root out the problem. No worries, though, the national security advisor now admits what Mueller's investigation has confirmed and indicted: Russian Psyops were directly meddling in the US election on our own soil.

Now, back to the previous topic, which apparently many others ALSO misunderstand.

The streak is an historic achievement that may live on forever. But the second someone wins 15 in a row, it means nothing.

A national title, however, lives on forever, no matter what happens later (unless you're Louisville). That is why a title banner is more important that the streak, which is ALSO an important achievement.

Life isn't binary, people. Two things can be important at the same time, and in different measures. Like, winning a $75,000 jackpot vs. having your penis stay attached. Both good, one better.
A-Fukn-Men
[Reply]
excessive 06:56 PM 02-21-2018
"But the second someone wins 15 in a row, it means nothing."

Gotta call bullshit on "means nothing", in an otherwise good post.

Hey, I'm just a fan, not a player or coach, but wherever it ends at, even if it is "just" 13, means something.

Tell UCLA, when Kansas gets 14 this year, that their 13 means nothing. "Sorry", Mr. Wooden, "nothing, nothing going on with those 13 years of yours. So sorry, you loser."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:05 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
People in here actually think a conference title streak means more than a national title? Embarrassing.
It is. But not a fraction as embarrassing as Nubber football has been the last 20 years.

Y'all are the Jennifer Aniston of college football: hot in the 90s but now just a faded butter-face. Every couple years you find a new man - this one will work out! - only to end up dumping him in tears shortly after.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:15 PM 02-21-2018
OSU up by 12 on Texas Tech
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:17 PM 02-21-2018
Looks like KU's B12 streak may come down to some guy named Lindy Waters III continuing to make shots.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:21 PM 02-21-2018
Oklahoma State is on freaking fire. 10-14 from 3point. Wouldn't even matter if Evans was fulls strength if they shoot like that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:25 PM 02-21-2018
Holy shit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:31 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...gets-set-march

There was quite a stir after the Mountaineers blew a double-digit lead in a loss to Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence. West Virginia coach Bob Huggins was tossed after vociferously pointing out to the officials that the free throw disparity, which was 35-2 at the end of the game. Many fans and others around the basketball community pointed to the disparity as clear evidence that something was wrong. Well, I sat courtside for that game, and there was nothing wrong. Were there some missed calls? Yes. Did the officials miss the call that was the last straw for Huggins? Yes. I watched the game again, and there were about 15 calls that should have or could have been called. But nine of those calls should have or could have gone against West Virginia, including an offensive basket interference call against the Mountaineers that went uncalled and resulted in a bucket. Free throw disparity is a function of style of play and how teams play on that day. West Virginia settled for a lot of jump shots, while Kansas drove the ball into the lane and punched the ball into its big guy, Udoka Azubuike. West Virginia presses and fouls more than most teams, and it allows more free throws by opponents than all but 13 Division I teams. Kansas does not play pressure defense, and it is in the top 20 in Division I in allowing the fewest free throws. The officials made some mistakes, yes. But the officials did not cost West Virginia the game. The Mountaineers did that all by themselves.
Yes, as I said in the immediate aftermath of the game, the disparity should have been even more.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:40 PM 02-21-2018
Need more Lindy Waters down the stretch.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:44 PM 02-21-2018

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:51 PM 02-21-2018
More McGriff.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:57 PM 02-21-2018
Some phantom fouls saving Tech.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 293
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Up