ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid isnt the coach we need.
Reerun_KC 06:32 PM 12-07-2014
CP loves to treat the symptom while at times ignoring the disease.

Since everyone wants to be cool and bash the lame ass QB we have, we might want to look just a little deeper and discuss the HC that hand selected him to be the QB of this team.

We aren't going anywhere with Reid's preparations and game plans. His play calling is pathetic and predictable. His tendency's to remove the WRs from the game plan is inexcusable.

Until we get rid of Reid, we are stuck with Smith...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:53 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sorry, but it wasn't just the switch to the WCO. Montana forced a philosophical change as well.

I can still remember that game in the playoffs, when we were down late in the game and didn't convert a 3rd down. Marty immediately signaled for the punting team. Montana ran over and argued with Marty for about 5 seconds, after which Marty thew up his hands and basically said 'okay let's go for it.' Montana ran back onto the field and easily converted that 4th down, and the rest is history.

Marty never would've gone for that 4th down conversion with any other QB except for his total respect for Montana.
The mile high miracle.

Montana has Davis I think starting his break (would've been open) when Davis slips and falls. Montana immediately processes what is happening, pulls the ball down and in one motion turns and throws an outlet to Keith Cash to pick up some vital yards, move the sticks and keep things going.

That was my awakening to how vital a QB is in late-game situations. So very few QBs have the presence to notice that stumble, pull the ball down, know where everyone on the field is and get him the ball. Alex either throws it anyway (though he MIGHT have gone ahead and thrown it out the back of the end zone) or he'd have tucked it and run up the middle, gaining a handful of yards and bleeding the clock white. And Alex wasn't even bad - he was just average.

But a great QB makes chicken salad and maintains a chance to win.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:12 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's doubling down on complaints he made a half decade ago instead of just acknowledging that he was wrong about the man. And he's trying to couch it in the guise of an 'attaboy' as though its any less stupid.
I'm still puzzled where this half decade ago stuff is coming from. Or where in the world I would come off as some known Reid hater let alone a big one. What am I supposed to admit I was wrong about? I wasn't sure he could get us over the top but I'm not alone in that. I'm happy to admit I was wrong there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:25 PM 09-17-2020
He's literally been ****ing this chicken for years.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1321

You will NEVER convince him otherwise. Somehow things have 'changed' rather than him just not understanding what the hell is going on.

That whole thread is a few guys trying to make the same old tired complaints and ignoring every bit of situational decision-making put in front of them. They ignore every time Andy TRIED to go downfield and execution blew it. Or every time he drew up a pass on 3rd down and a guy dropped it. Because he tried a run on 2nd and 6 that lost a couple yards and put them behind the sticks.

This thing has been stupid for so long and it just will not die. Now the same old parties try to argue that he's 'changed' somehow when he absolutely has not.
Yes, I poked this one chicken repeatedly. And I stand by it. We were not good at protecting leads. Even with Mahomes. You can come up with all kinds of reasons and excuses. But in too many games we let teams back into games we were dominating because of bad defense but also an offense that completely stalled once we got up 2 TDs. The 4th quarter version of Reid vs Houston and Tennessee looked like a coach going for the throat. I don't think I'm alone in saying that felt different in a great way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 09-17-2020
Like I said - you're doubling down on stupid.

No sense in buying you books if you insist on eating the pages.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:41 PM 09-17-2020
The mile high miracle.

Montana has Davis I think starting his break (would've been open) when Davis slips and falls. Montana immediately processes what is happening, pulls the ball down and in one motion turns and throws an outlet to Keith Cash to pick up some vital yards, move the sticks and keep things going.

That was my awakening to how vital a QB is in late-game situations. So very few QBs have the presence to notice that stumble, pull the ball down, know where everyone on the field is and get him the ball. Alex either throws it anyway (though he MIGHT have gone ahead and thrown it out the back of the end zone) or he'd have tucked it and run up the middle, gaining a handful of yards and bleeding the clock white. And Alex wasn't even bad - he was just average.

But a great QB makes chicken salad and maintains a chance to win.
YES. And thank you. The thing that still sticks for me was when we failed to convert the 3rd down and I hung my head and said to no one in particular, "well, that's it. Marty's going to kick the game away." And then that surreal feeling that rolled over me when Montana went over and got Captain Conservative to actually go for it. Without having to beat him senseless.

And the equally unique feeling of actually winning that game.

Wasn't that the first time the Chiefs had beaten the Broncos at Mile High in the playoffs in like 250 years? Or since the birth of our star? Something like that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:50 PM 09-17-2020
Like I said - you're doubling down on stupid.

No sense in buying you books if you insist on eating the pages.
LAC - blew a big lead, then dominated after LAC caught up
PITT - blew a big lead then dominated after PITt caught up
SF - outscored 20-3 in the second half
OAK - almost blew a 17 point 4q lead

This is just mahomes. We know the track record with Alex Smith. These are games where we dominated the entire game on offense except for the drives where we were up a couple of scores. With Mahomes we are downright unstoppable in second halves when the game is close or we are trailing. So how else can you explain a pattern of becoming 3 and out Champs coincidentally when we are up by 10+? I'm sure you have plenty of excuses for each of these games as opposed to seeing the obvious pattern.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

This is just mahomes. We know the track record with Alex Smith. These are games where we dominated the entire game on offense except for the drives where we were up a couple of scores. With Mahomes we are downright unstoppable in second halves when the game is close or we are trailing. So how else can you explain a pattern of becoming 3 and out Champs coincidentally when we are up by 10+? I'm sure you have plenty of excuses for each of these games as opposed to seeing the obvious pattern.
Correct me if I'm wrong but in 2018 Andy Reid wasn't the DC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:03 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I have spoken directly to you about the LAC and Pitt games (have already linked to one of them, the other is in that same thread) and how absolutely ludicrous your complaints are. I mean just total nonsense.

I have no inclination to review the other two.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 09-17-2020
Dude - I have literally walked him through the drive charts on these. There is NO rational basis for his complaints here. Just !@#$ing none.

Guy knows what he knows and that's all there is to it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:08 PM 09-17-2020
Dude - I have literally walked him through the drive charts on these. There is NO rational basis for his complaints here. Just !@#$ing none.

Guy knows what he knows and that's all there is to it.
I just wasn’t sure if he was aware that Andy Reid was not the defensive coordinator for the Chiefs in 2018.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 09-17-2020
I just wasn’t sure if he was aware that Andy Reid was not the defensive coordinator for the Chiefs in 2018.
I wouldn't go assuming any level of baseline awareness here...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:16 PM 09-17-2020
I didn't pin that on him. But in each of those spurts it also took an offense that completely stalled for the opponent to catch up. As in back to back 3-and-out stalling. When a consistently dominant offense consistently stalls in the same exact situation it means something.

We were unstoppable in 2018 in close games, trailing, and with a lead.
The only times we were inefficient was when we had a 10+ point lead. Pretty consistently. You can chalk it up as a complete coincidence. It looks like an obvious pattern to me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 PM 09-17-2020
People still blaming Andy for Alex and Sutton :-)

Even after he fixed both problems :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
People still blaming Andy for Alex and Sutton :-)
This is the 'microaggressions' of football fandom.

The Chiefs are so damn good that people like Chiefzilla need to find WINS to complain about. Because they were "unnecessarily close".

When life's too easy, you just make shit up to bitch about.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:21 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Andy Reid's record with Jim Johnson as defensive coordinator: 97-62-1 (.606) in the regular season, 10-7 in the playoffs (.588).

Without Johnson, Reid is 51-42 (.548) and 0-3 in the playoffs.
UPDATED:

Andy Reid's record without Jim Johnson as his defensive coordinator: 111-66 (.627) in the regular season, 5-7 in the playoffs (.416). Since Discuss made this post in 2014, Reid is 5-4 (.555) in the playoffs.

He has also won a Super Bowl, which he did while coaching the Kansas City Chiefs. They are my favorite football team.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up