ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We HAVE to get a running game...
petegz28 08:18 PM 01-17-2021
We are going to get Patrick killed.I know our OL has had a ton on injuries and LDT is out this year but damn, since the Miami game, Mahomes has taken beating after beating after beating.

We have rushed the ball a lot one game this season and that was against the Bills. I know we have some all-world talent who can get down field and catch the ball and the best QB in the game but I want him to be around long enough to beat Brady's SB record.

I thought today we could have and should have run the ball more. We were running the ball well and Andy, as usual, went away from it.

I know it isn't going to happen this season but next season we have to get better at running the ball or Mahomes is going to have a short career.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:19 PM 01-17-2021
Sit Bell. Play Thompson. Both Thompson and henne had a good week 17.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:20 PM 01-17-2021
Uh what.

Williams averaged six yards per carry.

Pete thread.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:21 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Sit Bell. Play Thompson. Both Thompson and henne had a good week 17.
Bell gives you veteran experience but I definitely would not feature him. Next season we get the other D. Williams back + CEH and who knows for #3.

But Andy has got to commit to the running game a little more and the line has to get better at run blocking.

That extends the life of our QB immensely.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:21 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Uh what.

Williams averaged six yards per carry.

Pete thread.
Apparently you need to read more slowly....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:23 PM 01-17-2021
I’m convinced that Andy could have Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders as his depth chart, and still only run the ball 10-15 times a game with them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:24 PM 01-17-2021
I'd rather just pass with Mahomes and get him some pocket protection.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:24 PM 01-17-2021
Pete "won't sniff" a good Chiefs thread in the playoffs
[Reply]
carcosa 08:25 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We are going to get Patrick killed.I know our OL has had a ton on injuries and LDT is out this year but damn, since the Miami game, Mahomes has taken beating after beating after beating.

We have rushed the ball a lot one game this season and that was against the Bills. I know we have some all-world talent who can get down field and catch the ball and the best QB in the game but I want him to be around long enough to beat Brady's SB record.

I thought today we could have and should have run the ball more. We were running the ball well and Andy, as usual, went away from it.

I know it isn't going to happen this season but next season we have to get better at running the ball or Mahomes is going to have a short career.
Mahomes playing until he's 45 confirmed
[Reply]
petegz28 08:25 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m convinced that Andy could have Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders as his depth chart, and still only run the ball 10-15 times a game with them.
I know and that's the problem. I am not saying we need to be a running team but shit...we can't have Mahomes taking the ass whippings he has been taking. I understand the desire to not take the ball out his hands.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:25 PM 01-17-2021
#PeteThings
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
If we don’t run the ball more next year we won’t sniff the playoffs
[Reply]
carcosa 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I know and that's the problem. I am not saying we need to be a running team but shit...we can't have Mahomes taking the ass whippings he has been taking. I understand the desire to not take the ball out his hands.
A real meeting of the minds happening over here
[Reply]
tk13 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
Today we outrushed a team that ran for 2300 yards this season.

For a coach like Reid who has a reputation for abandoning the run, they ran for 100+ yards in every playoff game last year and so far this year while slowing down some good running attacks (Titans, Niners, Browns).
[Reply]
Gdawg 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
I feel like we ran the ball effectively when we needed too. I wouldn’t mind seeing Bell get a few more opportunities. IMO
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up