ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 27
< 123 456713 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Chiefs are racist
falstaff 04:06 PM 08-01-2001
How can you guys be fans of a clearly racist team? Teams like the 'Redskins' and the 'Chiefs' are clearly depicting American Indians in an inappropriate manner. As if the white man has not done enough damage to the Indian culture and heritage, football teams like the Chiefs must portray Indians and their mascot and portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner.

The US would never stand for team names like the 'Honkies', 'Spooks', 'RagHeads', 'WOPs', or 'Slants'. Why then should we be subjected to the desecration of the American Indian?

By simply supporting this, what I consider to be a criminal organization, you are backing the negative portrayal of the American Indian. Therefore, I consider you not Chiefs fans, but racists. The path to Arrowhead Stadium is truly a Trail of Tears.
bishop_74 04:47 PM 08-01-2001
Oooh Ooooh! I shutter to think how offended I would be if they called a team the Rabbi's....

Man that smarts.
ExtremeChief 04:48 PM 08-01-2001
Arrowhead stadium is in honor of Steve Martin's "arrow-thru-the-head" standup routine...don't you do any research????

going to far...
Chiefs Pantalones 04:49 PM 08-01-2001
Chiefs are racists?

(yawn)...

Next...
bishop_74 04:49 PM 08-01-2001
In order to "enlighten", shouldn't you have some ACCURATE information to offer to another party first???
BroncoFan 04:51 PM 08-01-2001
squaw,

I think your aurgument might be more embarrassing for native americans than the way the chiefs play football. Although your intellectual prowess is giving the chiefs inability to win football games a run for its money.
HC_Chief 04:52 PM 08-01-2001
Considering they're based out of D.C., they should change the name to Lying, Whoring, Thieving Bastages (LeWTBees) :-)

Mascot could be a depiction of a drunkin Ted Kennedy shoving a young woman's head under water while Clinton, Carter, Reagan and Nixon cheer him on (dollar bills over-flowing from out of their jackets)

Of course, some damn whiner would take offense and start some idiotic campaign... probably a few class action lawsuits... you KNOW there would be litigation. :-)
splatbass 04:52 PM 08-01-2001
By the way Falstaff, do you have any Native American blood? If not then I find your use of the term "Trail of Tears to Arrowhead" to be offensive. Some of my ancestors died on the Trail of Tears, and trivializing it for your own political purposes is offensive. If you want to really help Native Americans, maybe you should start protesting the BIA and it's policies, instead of a fine organization like the Kansas City Chiefs.
ExtremeChief 04:52 PM 08-01-2001
If you would take the time to actually read the posts you would see that most of us agree that the term "Chief" is associated with the American Indian...again, for the third or fourth time...how is this term derogatory??????

FWIW disagreeing with us does not make you a troll, being $hit stirring, non-listening, team bashing, non-researching, idiot does :-)
keg in kc 04:53 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Apperently, it is not enough that the Chiefs fans sterotype and labe an entire race, they must sterotype and label anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views. Call me crazy, but I would call the above a clear definition of racism.
That, my Chiefs brethren, is called "irony". He stereotypes all of us and then condemns us out of hand for steroetyping others.

Pathetic.
aturnis 04:54 PM 08-01-2001
Native Americans are an endangered species, we are trying to save the rain forest and all that jazz, but I see trees everyday. Now Native Americans......have you ever seen two at the same time? NO! It don't happen! Cuz they are endangered. Welp.......I think that settles it, we are a racist bunch, and I can no longer be a Chiefs fan. Well, I'm out of here I guess...and off to find a new team.:-) :-) :-) :-)
bishop_74 04:55 PM 08-01-2001
*In the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger*

"IT'S NOT A TUMOR!!!!"
Mi_chief_fan 04:56 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by HC_Chief
Think I'm gonna go whine on a Notre Dame bulletin board. How dare they depict Irishmen as little, orange-bearded, green-Leprechaun suit wearing, bar-fighting buffoons!

It's an OUTRAGE I tell you! An outrage!

boo hoo

boo hoo hoo hoo

Oh, how cruel the world is...

boo hoo hoo

:-)
Actually HC,

Their mascot is a short, bearded black man/leprechaun, those racist bastiges!!!!!!!

BTW, it's the funniest mascot out there, IMO.
splatbass 04:56 PM 08-01-2001
". Now Native Americans......have you ever seen two at the same time? NO! It don't happen! Cuz they are endangered. "

This is just ridiculous Aturnis. I see more than two Indians together all the time (my wife and I).
HC_Chief 04:57 PM 08-01-2001
Mi - he's a fine young Irishman :-)
Warrior5 04:58 PM 08-01-2001
Stop dodging the issue and answer the questions.
You're the one who started this post. Instead of "engaging" us with rationale discussion, you squiggle and start labelling us as foolish, insensitive racists. That's why you've been branded a troll.

You're accusing us of stereotyping and labeling "anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views", but that's exactly what you're doing. Instead of the kettle calling pot black, the Indian is calling the Chiefs fan red.

For the last time, clarify how specifically the Chiefs portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner. Otherwise, expect the recipes to start flying.

You wouldn't happen to have your own website, would you?
Page 3 of 27
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up