ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Online flirting
Clint in Wichita 11:07 AM 01-23-2006
Is online flirting, when you know your S.O. disapproves, OK because you "are only flirting online and not in the real world"?

My opinion (surprise, surprise) is that it's not OK, period. It's said to be OK because it's not face-to-face, and online it's just fun and games.

I call bullsh!t. People meet online friends in person all the time. They even meet their future spouses online. The "it's only online" argument is bogus.

I would also imagine that many of those who feel it's OK would be less than eager to have their own S.O.s discover their activity.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 04:34 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
ah skip, you have been out of the loop to long...killer calling me slut is NOT flirting old man......:-)
He's just trying to get you to notice him.
[Reply]
Katipan 04:48 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita:
Apparently, by today's standards, you are the norm.

Only people like me, who frown on such behavior, are bad people.
Not bad. Just high maintenance.
[Reply]
Chiefs Express 04:52 PM 01-23-2006
I think this thread would be easier to follow if someone would put up the supporting cast.

Something like:

Clint - - M
Mer - - F
Etc.

If you don't know what gender someone is what they say isn't as funny. This is supposet to be a funny read, right?
[Reply]
Donger 04:56 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefs Express:
I think this thread would be easier to follow if someone would put up the supporting cast.

Something like:

Clint - - M
Mer - - F
Etc.

If you don't know what gender someone is what they say isn't as funny. This is supposet to be a funny read, right?
While you successfully guessed their respective gender, Mer is a female with some male attributes and Clint, well...
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 04:57 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Mer:
Not bad. Just high maintenance.
:-)

"Hey, honey...would mind not acting like you want to screw the entire nation?"

"Jeez, you're such a high-maintenance prima donna!"

How does that work? High maintenance??
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:58 PM 01-23-2006
I don't think it's so much what you do, but what your SO's comfort level is. It's ok if you're not exceeding their comfort level. If you are, then it's not right.

Both just have to have clearly defined limits. BD gets along fine with his situation. I couldn't deal with that. As long as you two communicate and get on the same plane as far as expected behavior there is room for lots of different attitudes and tolorance levels.
[Reply]
Katipan 04:59 PM 01-23-2006
"Hey, honey...would mind not acting like you want to screw the entire nation?"

"Jeez, you're such a high-maintenance prima donna!"
Is that what happened?
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 05:01 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Mer:
Is that what happened?

Of course not.

I'm just trying to figure out how not being in favor of online flirting equals "high maintenance".
[Reply]
Skip Towne 05:01 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefs Express:

Something like:

Clint - - M
Mer - - F
Etc.

N00bs should be banned from this thread.
[Reply]
sedated 05:01 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Donger:
My wife would never go for a threesome, unless Angelina Jolie shows up at the front door.

why do women say, "I'd never do a threesome, I'm not bisexual....except for (Enter Hot Chick's Name)."

Isn't that kind of hypocritical? :-)

I, personally, would never do another guy, no matter who it is.

Nor would I participate in a thressome just because it's Brad Pitt or whomever.

Proves all women are bisexual, just to different degrees.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:05 PM 01-23-2006
Of course not.

I'm just trying to figure out how not being in favor of online flirting equals "high maintenance".
Because it's been a problem in your relationship for as long as I've known you have one. So it's being rehashed and discussed and bitched about. I'm assuming in real life too. I really don't think you 2 live only on the Internet.

So the girl has to hear you whine about this. She has to start hiding stuff from you just so she doesn't have to hear you whine. She has to make sure every little word and thing she says and does doesn't in some way flick your angry man switch. Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon on the Internet.

Then she gets to watch you bitch about her in front of everyone.

I mean. Hypothetically.
[Reply]
Taco John 05:08 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Cochise:
I think I would be angry about that. The question to me isn't, "is there anything wrong with it", it's "why do you feel the need to do that...?"

I think the answer to that question is, "because you're not getting it done." And I'm not talking about you specifically... I'm talking in general terms.

In studying communication, there is a principle that has always stuck with me with regards to relationships... It stands true for any relationship, whether it be co-workers, boss-employee, husband-wife... You name it... It simply stated as this: in any relationship where one side perceives a deficit in the relational exchange, that side will (conciously or unconciously) endeavor to achieve balance.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:09 PM 01-23-2006
Good to see the grab-ass thread is still going strong.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:10 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
He's just trying to get you to notice him.

Is that what he's trying to say...because you know, when he goes into his tirades, he doesn't exactly speak english..:-)
[Reply]
Katipan 05:10 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by sedated:
why do women say, "I'd never do a threesome, I'm not bisexual....except for (Enter Hot Chick's Name)."

Isn't that kind of hypocritical? :-)

I, personally, would never do another guy, no matter who it is.

Nor would I participate in a thressome just because it's Brad Pitt or whomever.

Proves all women are bisexual, just to different degrees.
I smoke quite a bit of pot.

No where near enough to consistently read your posts.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up