ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 848 of 3903
« First < 348748798838844845846847848 84985085185285889894813481848 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:10 PM 03-27-2020
I mean for fuck's sake, CA had literally 1/10 of the new cases NY did and <1/10 of new deaths.
[Reply]
eDave 09:30 PM 03-27-2020
All the money raised will go to the AFEM COVID-19 Hardship Fund to benefit at-risk workers, and the WHO's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.

[Reply]
O.city 09:38 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't want this lock down shit. I don't. I don't like it. I think it's wrong and in the long run is worse than a virus. That being said, if the rest of the country is on a level half of or even more less than half of NY you seriously have to start looking at banning travel in and out of NY.

I don't want to say that but it's ****ing true. This isn't a nursing home situation like WA state was. If they won't distance and stay home then sorry but you can **** each other and not everyone else.

It's tough cause of their living conditions, I get it. But when they are responsible for literally half the pain the other 49 states are feeling then WTF?
New Orleans is in a similar spot as New York

I’m guessing it may hit here more in mid April
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:38 PM 03-27-2020
Sorry I’ve been away, good quality posting. I was temporarily laid off today (along with 200 others) and my friends who are still there took a major temp pay reduction until this passes , so that blows. This damn virus needs to go away.

That being said it looks like Ringleaders numbers were only a couple days behind what he had posted, with the US surpassing 400 deaths today. :-) Italy at almost 1000 is very discouraging. Netherlands popped their 3 digit cherry as well.

Ugh. Hard to post positive news with everything going on.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:42 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Sorry I’ve been away, good quality posting. I was temporarily laid off today (along with 200 others) and my friends who are still there took a major temp pay reduction until this passes , so that blows. This damn virus needs to go away.

That being said it looks like Ringleaders numbers were only a couple days behind what he had posted, with the US surpassing 400 deaths today. :-) Italy at almost 1000 is very discouraging. Netherlands popped their 3 digit cherry as well.

Ugh. Hard to post positive news with everything going on.
Spoke to family in N Italy and its on a total lockdown. If you’re out without your papers for the allowed reason they impound your car and you walk home. The numbers have sort of stabilized but the deaths are going to start tracking into the 1000+ territory for awhile in Italy.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:43 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
New Orleans is in a similar spot as New York

I’m guessing it may hit here more in mid April
I don't know where "here" is but I don't think you are going to see a repeat of NY anywhere. Even in LA where I know New Orleans is a bit of a hot spot. I have a feeling and it is just a feeling that it will simmer down there before it gets too bad. At least I hope.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 PM 03-27-2020
I don't know where "here" is but I don't think you are going to see a repeat of NY anywhere. Even in LA where I know New Orleans is a bit of a hot spot. I have a feeling and it is just a feeling that it will simmer down there before it gets too bad. At least I hope.
Here in the Midwest
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:46 PM 03-27-2020
I sent him a message haven’t gotten a response yet
It doesn't look like he is very active on FB. His last post was in May 2019.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:48 PM 03-27-2020
This might sound a bit impossible but as tight of a space as NY is, I think they really need to lock the entire NY city area down for 1 week until crews literally lysol every fucking inch of the place.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:50 PM 03-27-2020
Here in the Midwest
I've heard a couple of our doctors say they think it will get worse and a couple saying they think it won't.

So who knows? We are locked down and spread out. Our hospitals are not overrun and that's the part that really counts.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:51 PM 03-27-2020
NY didn’t expect to be the next Italy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:54 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
It doesn't look like he is very active on FB. His last post was in May 2019.
I know several people that don't post on FB but are very active. Check messages, look at pics, check out others statuses.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:54 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
NY didn’t expect to be the next Italy.
I am not saying they did but they are to an extent. And I am not trying to nitpick but they made their own bed to a large extent when in 2015 they passed on buying respirators and what not. I am all for helping them and doing what it takes to get them better but if that means literally cutting them off from the rest of the world for a week or two then so be it. There is a consequence of living on top of each other the way they do, unfortunately.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:59 PM 03-27-2020
Why does this not surprise me? Maybe because you are constantly posting how this isn't very bad. You are like the polar opposite of OH.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:01 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why does this not surprise me? Maybe because you are constantly posting how this isn't very bad. You are like the polar opposite of OH.
Yeah, I am constantly posting that.....:-)
[Reply]
Page 848 of 3903
« First < 348748798838844845846847848 84985085185285889894813481848 > Last »
Up