ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Left Tackles
Titty Meat 11:21 PM 01-19-2024
Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
[Reply]
Tchoupitoulas 01:23 PM 03-20-2024
I am very much a lurker, so will get that out of the way - but speaking of left tackles, just curious where board thinks Eric Fisher would go in this draft. I think there are at least 12 guys that are no brainer higher prospects than Fish and probably closer to like 16.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas:
I am very much a lurker, so will get that out of the way - but speaking of left tackles, just curious where board thinks Eric Fisher would go in this draft. I think there are at least 12 guys that are no brainer higher prospects than Fish and probably closer to like 16.
You should probably stick to lurking with takes like this...
[Reply]
VAChief 02:20 PM 03-20-2024
Overall prospects or left tackles?

He would likely be still a top 10 grade in this draft. Hard to account for a QB heavy top of the draft, but I think he would still be if not the top tackle he would be in the top 3.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
They doubled down on stupid and extended McKivitz. So, unless they go for a future replacement for Trent Williams in the 1st, I have my doubts. I'd guess CB or ER for them myself.
And if there's someone that can help them in these next 2/3 years before Purdy starts to cost real money or needs to be replaced, they should be drafting that guy instead of a replacement for Williams.

They don't have a long window, IMO. Their offensive skill position players are older and about to get more expensive. Their QB is QB purgatory personified. They need to be making hay while the sun is shining.

Drafting a replacement for Williams this year would not be wise unless its someone they intend to play inside immediately with the idea of maybe transitioning him outside down the road.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Overall prospects or left tackles?

He would likely be still a top 10 grade in this draft. Hard to account for a QB heavy top of the draft, but I think he would still be if not the top tackle he would be in the top 3.
I think he'd be in the mix with Fautanu as OT3.

That said - let's not forget that he went ahead of Lane Johnson and frankly was seen by most sources as a better prospect than Johnson.

If someone said "Hey, where would Lane Johnson go in this draft" we'd probably all say "eh, probably behind Alt but maybe ahead of Fashanu...."

And yet - consensus had Fisher as a better prospect than Johnson at the time.

It was a piss poor draft year. But I don't think we want to undersell Fisher because of it. In a lot of ways he profiles very similar athletically to Fashanu. He was raw, but as far as pure tools went, there was very little he didn't have. Long, athletic, powerful base. Typically a smart player but quality of competition left that an open question.

This wasn't a Tyson Jackson situation where we took a guy 3 who probably wouldn't have been a first rounder most years. Fish was a pretty outstanding prospect.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think he'd be in the mix with Fautanu as OT3.

That said - let's not forget that he went ahead of Lane Johnson and frankly was seen by most sources as a better prospect than Johnson.

If someone said "Hey, where would Lane Johnson go in this draft" we'd probably all say "eh, probably behind Alt but maybe ahead of Fashanu...."

And yet - consensus had Fisher as a better prospect than Johnson at the time.

It was a piss poor draft year. But I don't think we want to undersell Fisher because of it. In a lot of ways he profiles very similar athletically to Fashanu. He was raw, but as far as pure tools went, there was very little he didn't have. Long, athletic, powerful base. Typically a smart player but quality of competition left that an open question.

This wasn't a Tyson Jackson situation where we took a guy 3 who probably wouldn't have been a first rounder most years. Fish was a pretty outstanding prospect.
I'm old enough to remember just how dominant Fisher was at Senior Bowl week.

Oh and BTW, Luke Joeckel :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 05:17 PM 03-20-2024
Fisher I'd have as OT 2 behind Alt. Fisher is a guy that has always been grossly underrated around here despite how good he was because people had it stuck in their heads how poorly he played at RT as a rookie. They also forget how good of an LT prospect he was coming out. He's more athletic than anyone but less polished than Alt.

While I'm on the LT subject I'll say, Fashanu may not be OT2 in this draft. Fautanu has a strong argument to be that guy and I'm not convinced he won't be when teams make their picks. Fautanu is a more polished player, and he's more athletic. The only thing Fashanu has on Fautanu is 2" of height.
[Reply]
Tchoupitoulas 06:31 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You should probably stick to lurking with takes like this...
Are you voyager or is the other draft douche voyager? I can’t keep you straight.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:57 PM 03-20-2024
Are you voyager or is the other draft douche voyager? I can’t keep you straight.
:-) That's a blast from the past!!! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:29 AM 03-21-2024
DAY 1 TACKLE PROSPECTS
Tier 1 (Top LT Prospects)
1. Alt
2. Latham
3. Fashanu
4. ERIC FISHER FALLS HERE

Tier 2 (Top RT prospects, questions as to if they can play LT)
5. Fuaga
6. Guyton

Tier 3 (This is where the fun starts, and in no particular order)
7. Mims - looks like a prototypical tackle, but only started 8 of 30 games. Is a team really going to invest a first round pick on such limited actual playing time? Can a team afford to burn a first round pick on someone so raw?

8. Suamataia - another developmental guy that looks the part. Can't even legally buy a beer yet. Same as Mims, can a team afford to take a LT in the first round when you know the player is going to have to realistically sit a year to learn and then take his lumps in year 2?

9. Blake Fisher - I like him a lot more than most. Very good right tackle, and I think he has enough athleticism to switch to left.

10. Morgan - More experienced than some others in this group, looks versatile but supposedly has bad hands.

11. Paul - I think he has 40+ starts at LT, but his criticism is a lack of power that shows in the run game. (I've seen him ranked equally with Morgan and other sites have him as a day 3 guy. I have no idea, but assume his experience at LT will push him up a little).
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:56 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Would you guys take Mims in the first round? He looks like a complete boom/bust prospect. It's doubtful he could start in year one with only 8 starts at RT in his career.
I would. He’s massive and can move. He comes across as intelligent. YouTube his interviews. He’s bigger than Orlando brown jr. He’s built solid. With the work that he’s done on his body and in his workouts, he doesn’t appear to be lazy. He had 5.07 40 at his size and he didn’t look flabby when he ran it. I’d move up like we did for mcduffie and get Mims. I’d also bring in a vet LT like smith to compete with him.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:28 PM 03-22-2024
I think this is a fair review of Mims.

https://youtu.be/3yc6ZWC__Mo?si=kyDEWpEND1fXP4ho
[Reply]
RunKC 08:27 AM 03-24-2024
Someone help me out here with Patrick Paul. Would he not be an option? I’ve seen him mocked all over the place. Some 1st rd, some mid 2nd, some late 2nd.

Guy has elite size. 6’7.5” 330 lbs. 36 1/4(!!!) arms and 9 3/8 hands.

Really nice athleticism and 3 years experience who is a plus pass rusher but not as good in the run game.

Seems like someone Andy would be in on. So what’s missing? Is he not as good of a prospect or something?
[Reply]
VAChief 10:50 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Someone help me out here with Patrick Paul. Would he not be an option? I’ve seen him mocked all over the place. Some 1st rd, some mid 2nd, some late 2nd.

Guy has elite size. 6’7.5” 330 lbs. 36 1/4(!!!) arms and 9 3/8 hands.

Really nice athleticism and 3 years experience who is a plus pass rusher but not as good in the run game.

Seems like someone Andy would be in on. So what’s missing? Is he not as good of a prospect or something?
I think he is arguably a better prospect than Morris or Niang were, I just think 32 would be a reach for him. At 64 if you decided to go for a WR at 32 or BPA that fell to you, then I wouldn't be terribly upset to see Paul in the 2nd as our choice. He is one of those that has values rated for end of the 1st down to the 3rd round, so best to be totally sold him if you pick him at 32.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:05 PM 03-24-2024
Take a look at Patrick Paul in the image below. See how long his legs are and how short his torso is? He’s leggy and that doesn’t typically make for great OTs. He won’t have great leverage or power because he’s at such a disadvantage with his leverage. His arm length is great but if you look at Amarius Mims, his ceiling is so much higher to me than Paul’s. Mims is built solid and is not leggy. Mims is built proportionately. Paul will have trouble with power rushers and speed rushers who can get low like Derrick Thomas used to coming around the edge.

rel="Lightbox"?s=afbc53e322190387a7a7377e27e82187&attachmentid=127291&thumb=1&d=1711303536" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: IMG_1505.jpeg Views: 67 Size: 463.7 KB ID: 127291" style="margin: 2px" />
Attached:
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up