Page 46 of 298
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:01 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
Can't imagine being at work and saying andys excuses time after time lol you'd be fired
Even with a union job they would fire you after so many times. Andy's game plan? What's for Dinner.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:10 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Even with a union job they would fire you after so many times. Andy's game plan? What's for Dinner.
Certainly accountability in the Chiefs organization is in favor of shitty people.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 12-05-2017
You don't fire Andy after this even if they tank. He's called a QB guru for a reason. Plus Andy has had winning seasons every year.

The offense also seems very fixable. It's Bob Sutton that needs to be fired.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:30 PM 12-05-2017
Firing Andy is beyond stupid.

Andy getting out of the way so Clark can hire a defensive coordinator who can actually instill some discipline and toughness is absolutely necessary though.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:38 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Firing Andy is beyond stupid.

Andy getting out of the way so Clark can hire a defensive coordinator who can actually instill some discipline and toughness is absolutely necessary though.
I don't think Andy is secure enough to bring in a big name guy, like a former HC, etc.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:56 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
The problem is the "If ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. In the last 4 years the D has done enough through turnovers, sacks and not allowing TDs to warrant more than one playoff win (even that was a shutout by the D).
I get the feeling it's not only the Chiefs offense that's been figured out...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:38 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You don't fire Andy after this even if they tank. He's called a QB guru for a reason. Plus Andy has had winning seasons every year.

The offense also seems very fixable. It's Bob Sutton that needs to be fired.
Not that I agree completely with your take, but certainly the DC (and OC too) are the responsibility of the HC. So Andy owns Sutton's performance, and since he won't fire him for their performance and other terribleness, then you have to fire him for not getting rid of Sutton. He may not have the final call, but there's nothing to suggest he's done anything but give Sutton his full vote of confidence.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:43 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You don't fire Andy after this even if they tank. He's called a QB guru for a reason.
What reason?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:15 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
What reason?
- He drafted McNabb who had a great career in Philly.
- Reid knew exactly when to get rid of McNabb.
- Reid went 5-1 with an old Jeff Garcia Garcia in 2006 and won a playoff gm..
- Alex 'Montana' Smith is having by far the best season of his career this year under Reid. If we had a better record he'd probably be an MVP candidate.
- Traded AJ Feely for a 2nd rd pick.
- He revitalized Vick's career when no one wanted to give the guy a chance.

Reid isn't the problem. He's pretty damn good when it comes to that position... Reid's one of the best offensive minds of all-time IMO. We get a good DC we'll be SB contenders every year.

I believe Reid can find a good DC for us. Granted Reid recruited Sutton but he also recruited legendary DC Jim Johnson too. Rex Ryan would be a great hire but I'm not sure if Rex is interested in coaching anymore and I'm not sure how he would feel if Reid fired his friend Sutton.

I'm also not convinced Sutton is the problem. I still think it is personnel but after last wks gm and a few others I am starting to believe Sutton may not be the answer at DC. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.
[Reply]
ILChief 08:32 PM 12-05-2017
Sutton should have been fired yesterday and Gibbs promoted to interim DC. It's inexcusable that Sutton still has his job
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:48 PM 12-05-2017
3 names for DC:

- Ray Horton - rumored interest in him when Reid first got the gig. Aggressive playcaller and a players coach. Teams tend to figure him out though and he needs strong personnel to succeed.

- Mike Pettine - a hard-nosed coach who understands situational football. If scheme continuity is a must he makes sense. A better coordinator than a HC.

Steve Spagnuolo - when he has lesser talent he can still run out productive defenses, and when he has elite personnel he can demoralize opponents. A great teacher, Spags might be the best guy to to rebuild a Chiefs D that got old fast with question marks in several spots. 4-3 conversion would be needed, but might be the best long-term solution.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
3 names for DC:

- Ray Horton - rumored interest in him when Reid first got the gig. Aggressive playcaller and a players coach. Teams tend to figure him out though and he needs strong personnel to succeed.

- Mike Pettine - a hard-nosed coach who understands situational football. If scheme continuity is a must he makes sense. A better coordinator than a HC.

Steve Spagnuolo - when he has lesser talent he can still run out productive defenses, and when he has elite personnel he can demoralize opponents. A great teacher, Spags might be the best guy to to rebuild a Chiefs D that got old fast with question marks in several spots. 4-3 conversion would be needed, but might be the best long-term solution.
We don't have the personnel for 3-4 anymore, imo
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:48 PM 12-05-2017
Was thinking about this thread and realized something. How many 'chefs' are there on the offensive side of the ball vs the defensive? Sutton is doing it all by himself. Maybe he needs help?
[Reply]
ILChief 06:25 AM 12-06-2017
Pettine would be a good choice for DC. We have to get a new offensive line coach as well. That unit should be much better. Clark hunt needs to force Andy to change DC and OL coach
[Reply]
TEX 08:03 AM 12-06-2017
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Pettine would be a good choice for DC. We have to get a new offensive line coach as well. That unit should be much better. Clark hunt needs to force Andy to change DC and OL coach
Boy, you said it there! A new OL coach and a new DC could go a LONG way in fixing things.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 298
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up