ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official Royals vs Blues Jays GDT - April 22*****
ChiefsCountry 05:08 PM 04-22-2024

Brady Singer heads to the mound tonight to open the four-game series against the Blue Jays. pic.twitter.com/uJ2RkbQeoM

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) April 22, 2024

Hello, KC 👋 #TOTHECORE pic.twitter.com/e7DdHgl0jQ

— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:02 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Turns out that inflates a team's record. Lucky for you is you get to play them 13 times.
Likely won’t be enough though
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:04 PM 04-22-2024
I don't want to strongly dispute which team has been a joke and which team has been an embarrassment, but hasn't it been like a decade since the Royals even won 80 games in the worst division in baseball?
I mean, if regular season success is your thing, sure.

Me, I prefer rings, flags and trophies.

Am happy to say I got to see my team do that in the last decade as opposed to ‘well, yeah, we haven’t won anything but we had some nice regular seasons’

You keep enjoying all that regular season success. Seems to be enough for you. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:05 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Likely won’t be enough though
I don't know, the other 3 Central teams aren't much better than the Royals. Could be one of those years that 80ish wins gets the division as strong as the East and West are.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:07 PM 04-22-2024

pic.twitter.com/oA8PlWfVuY

— spencer�� (@spen______) April 23, 2024

Rough game for the home team. Maybe you'll do better against the Cy Young finalist Gausman tomorrow (I doubt it).
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:09 PM 04-22-2024
I don't know, the other 3 Central teams aren't much better than the Royals. Could be one of those years that 80ish wins gets the division as strong as the East and West are.
West is strong? LOL

A division with the Athletics and Angels is strong?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:10 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I mean, if regular season success is your thing, sure.

Me, I prefer rings, flags and trophies.

Am happy to say I got to see my team do that in the last decade as opposed to ‘well, yeah, we haven’t won anything but we had some nice regular seasons’

You keep enjoying all that regular season success. Seems to be enough for you. :-)

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:11 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
West is strong? LOL

A division with the Athletics and Angels is strong?
Well considering 3 of the teams in it could win 90+ games, yeah, I'm thinking I'll take that over the sewer trash that is the AL Central.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:12 PM 04-22-2024
Congrats?

You want me to go ahead and tell you how this story ends? Save the suspense and build up??
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:13 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Congrats?

You want me to go ahead and tell you how this story ends? Save the suspense and build up??
Oh, I know how it ends. With the Royals winning 70-75ish games and the Jays losing in the playoffs after their front office directs their manager to pull one of their dominating SPs after 3 innings. Should be quite the trip until then.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:17 PM 04-22-2024
Yu Cy will put a firm end to your short lived hope of relevant baseball.

Yusei Kikuchi tonight in KC:

— 6.0 IP
— 5 H
— 2 R (2 ER)
— 0 BB, 4 SO
— 81 Pitches (58 Strikes)

YuCy Young 🇯🇵 pic.twitter.com/ipEfFMNBAc

— BlueJays Muse (@BlueJays_Muse) April 23, 2024

And so he did.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:19 PM 04-22-2024
Well considering 3 of the teams in it could win 90+ games, yeah, I'm thinking I'll take that over the sewer trash that is the AL Central.
The Astros would have to go 83-56 the rest of the way to win 90. I know seven straight ALCS, but there's reason to believe their window is closing. Jeff Ludnow is four years gone and Dana Brown doesn't have much of a farm system and is spending $100 million on relief pitchers.

The Rangers won't have their real rotation until mid-to-late summer.

The Mariners aren't that much different from the sewer trash Twins and Guardians on paper. Flawed team with a promising young pitching staff and not much offense outside of Julio Rodriguez.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:20 PM 04-22-2024
Regular season champs?

Good job.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:20 PM 04-22-2024
Oh, I know how it ends. With the Royals winning 70-75ish games and the Jays losing in the playoffs after their front office directs their manager to pull one of their dominating SPs after 3 innings. Should be quite the trip until then.
So you're simultaneously trashing the Royals, yet you're oh so proud the big bad Blue Jays won? You can't have it both ways. But hey, stay classy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:22 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
So you're simultaneously trashing the Royals, yet you're oh so proud the big bad Blue Jays won? You can't have it both ways. But hey, stay classy.
Sure I can. I am.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:23 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The Astros would have to go 83-56 the rest of the way to win 90. I know seven straight ALCS, but there's reason to believe their window is closing. Jeff Ludnow is four years gone and Dana Brown doesn't have much of a farm system and is spending $100 million on relief pitchers.

The Rangers won't have their real rotation until mid-to-late summer.

The Mariners aren't that much different from the sewer trash Twins and Guardians on paper. Flawed team with a promising young pitching staff and not much offense outside of Julio Rodriguez.
I hope you're right about the Astros because that would be one less team the Jays have to contend with for a WC spot, but I'm skeptical of writing off a team with that kind of talent/track record.

Regardless, I still think all 3 of them are beating up on the Central all year though (as all the East teams will too).
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up