ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 30
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Sassy Squatch 09:54 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Some are saying he was reacting to the Jacob Blake cop getting off clean.
Nah, I think it was about football.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:58 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
It was one year on a sinking ship with Matt Cassel and Romeo Crennel. Whatever he was then, he’s proven to be a pretty good offensive coordinator lately. Maybe he’ll fail as a head coach but if his one year as Chiefs o-coordinator 8 years ago is the entire case for that it’s pretty weak.
He’s sucked everywhere he’s been pre-2020.

Someone posted his history in one of these threads, SNR I think. It’s cringeworthy.
[Reply]
wazu 11:12 PM 01-05-2021
Wow! Not a good look for Watson.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:14 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Wow! Not a good look for Watson.
It's got to be a huge kick in the balls thinking you've finally escaped the culture of OBrien and Easterby only for your team owner to show himself as completely full of shit.
[Reply]
wazu 11:21 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's got to be a huge kick in the balls thinking you've finally escaped the culture of OBrien and Easterby only for your team owner to show himself as completely full of shit.
Maybe, but unless he plans to try to force a trade this seems pretty dumb. (Trying to force a trade would be dumb, too.)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:17 PM 01-05-2021
Plus Watson knows Easterby the pastor behind the DHop trade.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:03 AM 01-06-2021
Texans are going to have to battle to dig themselves out of the pit they are in.

They don't have a 2021 draft pick until the 3rd Round and they are near the bottom of the league for Cap Space for 2021.

A story with some more information below.

Yep, I could see Josh McDaniels coming in as head coach and Matt Patricia being the new DC.

Originally Posted by :
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erby-wins-big/

Reactions are trickling in following the news that the Texans will make Patriots V.P. of player personnel Nick Caserio the team’s next General Manager. The common thread consists of two messages.

First, Easterby wins. As in executive V.P. of football operations Jack Easterby. Caserio is an Easterby guy, who presumably will defer to whatever authority Easterby will have.

Second, Easterby really wins. As reported by Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, the Korn Ferry search firm identified five candidates for the job: Texans director of player personnel Matt Bazirgan, Seahawks V.P. of player personnel Trent Kirchner, Steelers V.P. of football and business administration Omar Khan, Louis Riddick, and Ravens director of football research Scott Cohen. Korn Ferry did not include Caserio on its list of finalists.

But Caserio got the job, because that’s who Easterby wanted — and Easterby won the power struggle with Korn Ferry. (Korn Ferry presumably still gets paid its six-figure fee for creating a menu from which the Texans ultimately didn’t select.)

“Easterby is a wizard,” Garafolo declares.

Others in league circles would use other terms to describe Easterby. In the hiring of a G.M., however, Easterby got the guy he tried to get in 2019. Which, as one league source observed, allows Easterby to continue to pull the strings without the accountability that goes with being the G.M.

Next, the question becomes whether Easterby will get his preferred coach. Some wonder whether it will be Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who spurned the Colts three years ago and who has gotten less interest in recent hiring cycles.

The first question is whether McDaniels on Korn Ferry’s list. If not, McDaniels could be the man for the job.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:49 AM 01-06-2021
Is Deshaun the new Matty Stafford? Will everyone look back and say "Damn he was talented should have atleast challenged deep in the playoffs at some point."
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:13 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Is Deshaun the new Matty Stafford? Will everyone look back and say "Damn he was talented should have atleast challenged deep in the playoffs at some point."
He’s still got 10 years in him. That’s at least 2 more new GM’s and 4 coaches.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:16 AM 01-06-2021
Hey, does anybody have that definition of insanity on hand by chance?
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 01-06-2021
Some idiot franchises never learn

Oh well, one less franchise Qb to have to worry about
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 AM 01-06-2021
It's gonna be awesome when they trade JJ Watt for a 3 you know like Pioli did to Tony G.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:51 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's gonna be awesome when they trade JJ Watt for a 3 you know like Pioli did to Tony G.
I'd take that deal.

Bird in the hand and all that.

front four rotation would be deadly.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 01-06-2021

https://t.co/8dF0B1c8TA pic.twitter.com/mRsObHRj6J

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) January 6, 2021

The Patriots have drafted literally one Pro Bowler in the last seven years and it's a fucking PUNTER and their team fell apart the second Tom Brady left to go play on a better built roster...but sure yeah let's keep trying to mimic them down in Houston.

We're god damn BRILLIANT.

SLJKJNFGLKSDHFJKDFSN BJKSDBVCSFD KBN SD;LFVVNSDFLK;JVJADKL BFLKDSM VLKASNCDSFMV;LASnc;lsdnvkmsdanclmsdnvladsnfkl;jnsdv;knckl;jnsdf;lgnasljkf;ldsgnlksdamf;ldsanlkcfvsnd m;lfvc https://t.co/Kac1W0G2QJ

Look, I'm not mad about the Caserio hire in a vacuum. I'm sure he can find talent just fine.

I'm mad that his hire ensures that Jack Easterby stays in the organization. THAT is the part I despise.

We failed him https://t.co/cqCcOoQGxC

Brett is not having a good day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:05 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brett must not be very astute.

We've known for MONTHS that Jack Easterby was not only going to be part of the organization but part of the team hiring the GM. Surely Brett knew this too.

This is PRECISELY why some of us have been writing off the Texans HC job since the day BOB was fired.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 30
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up