ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 24
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
Groves 10:47 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
as a fine layer on the bottom bun of a burger to act as a barrier between burger juice and the bun. It keeps your bottom bun from turning to mush.

So I get the concept and it’s touted everywhere as a solution, but I gotta ask....what happens to all those juices? Do they just run off that fat layer and dribble down the side of the bun? Making it lose it’s glorious crunch and turning the outside of the bun to mush? Does it just drip down your hand or onto your plate and splatter your chips making them soggy?

Isn’t one role of the bun to absorb that nectar and hold it so you can eat it when you eat the bun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:28 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I like Popeyes spicy a lot. However, I really go for the sides. The red beans and rice and Cajun rice are awesome.
I'll stop and get a read beans and rice only for lunch sometimes.
[Reply]
scho63 04:57 AM 08-23-2019
I haven't had fried chicken in a quite a while as I don't each much fried food of any kind.

This thread has given me a craving for some higher quality.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:01 AM 08-23-2019
I once saw a food network segment about how fried chicken is the best quality fast food because there’s not really any feasible way to cut corners in the preparation and cooking process. You have the dredge, the coating, whole chicken pieces, the oil has to be a certain temperature and cook for a certain length of time. Once the parameters are set and the drivers are timed it’s almost foolproof.
They said.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:49 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How can you compare the two? CFA is a completely different type of chicken recipe. One is fried chicken, one is not.

Popeye's is good, but there are plenty of reasonable fast food chicken places, Church's not being one of them.
Um they are both fried...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:09 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Dude, you're trying to correct someone who posted - more than once - that Mecole Hardman was a "wasted first round pick".

Facts and accuracy aren't of any concern to BWillie in any aspect of his life.
[Reply]
Fish 09:03 AM 08-23-2019

[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 08-23-2019
I've been waiting in line for 25 minutes. This better be good. Gonna get a spicy and regular one and let y'all know
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Yes but there is a very distinct difference between Popeyes, Church's, KFC and a place like CFA. Totally different type of meal. Now this sammich looks like it might be similar and something we can compare apples to apples
[Reply]
notorious 10:17 AM 08-23-2019
Just had one. Fuck, I feel physically ill.

I love their chicken and sides. LOVE. This sandwich had too much sauce, breading, and grease. Taste was fine, but Jesus Christ I don’t feel good. It came out fresh, too. Reminds me of eating Long John Silvers crumbs, and the grease feels after.

Not my cup of tea.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:18 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just had one. ****, I feel physically ill.

I love their chicken and sides. LOVE. This sandwich had too much sauce, breading, and grease. Taste was fine, but Jesus Christ I don’t feel good. It came out fresh, too. Reminds me of eating Long John Silvers crumbs, and the grease feels after.

Not my cup of tea.
FIRE IN THE HOLE
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:22 AM 08-23-2019
So...you posted this yesterday :
How can you compare the two? CFA is a completely different type of chicken recipe. One is fried chicken, one is not.

Popeye's is good, but there are plenty of reasonable fast food chicken places, Church's not being one of them.
But this today :

I've been waiting in line for 25 minutes. This better be good. Gonna get a spicy and regular one and let y'all know
you're just now having one?

Next you're going to tell us that Popeye's makes a mean fish sandwich.
[Reply]
notorious 10:23 AM 08-23-2019
The chick fil sandwich’s are simple, and I don’t feel like the life force has been sucked from my body when I eat one.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:36 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The chick fil sandwich’s are simple, and I don’t feel like the life force has been sucked from my body when I eat one.
This is a ringing endorsement for CFA.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 10:45 AM 08-23-2019

[Reply]
Page 14 of 24
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up