Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DAT is Back
Dante84 10:38 AM 08-20-2019
Per Terez
[Reply]
bobhill 04:14 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh he will, buddy. You can bet your ass on that, Mr. Bobhill.
what makes you think that guy
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:15 PM 08-20-2019
He's more like the knock off Pringles
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by bobhill:
what makes you think that guy
Because he's our new primary gunner. A role that was previously filled by a guy who was just placed on IR, and it's a role DAT excels at.

Hardman and Hill can return kicks. As could Smith if they simply wanted a guy to return kicks.

But Hardman and Hill are not gunners.
[Reply]
bobhill 04:23 PM 08-20-2019
Because he's our new primary gunner. A role that was previously filled by a guy who was just placed on IR, and it's a role DAT excels at.

Hardman and Hill can return kicks. As could Smith if they simply wanted a guy to return kicks.

But Hardman and Hill are not gunners.
well see guy dat injury prone and has been unreliable
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:31 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by bobhill:
well see guy dat injury prone and has been unreliable
That may be, but he's making the Fitty-Tre.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:35 PM 08-20-2019
Keep in mind how many snaps Thompson has seen against 1st team defenders, whether in padded practice OR preseason games.

Answer: Not many at all.

A lot of people are gonna be pissed if/when Veach tries to slide Thompson onto our practice squad. And it's possible he'll fail and Thompson will get picked up by another team. But if you're the Chiefs, the ST component you get from the 5th and 6th WR spots is way more valuable than the future potential of Cody Thompson. I know Thompson doesn't suck at ST, but it's likely the Chiefs want better than what Thompson can offer.

If Thompson survives a full year on the practice squad, he'll definitely be a part of the team the following season. Look at the value the Chiefs place on Dieter and Kemp after two full seasons-- hell, Dieter sucks balls and with his bad back and missing all of training camp and preseason, the Chiefs STILL haven't demoted him on the depth chart! Or look at Pringle. The only thing that dude has ever accomplished in the pros is a bunch of 7 on 7 highlight reels in training camp, but because he's got that year on fake IR, he's getting the benefit of the doubt over somebody who is producing well in preseason games.
[Reply]
Coach 04:38 PM 08-20-2019
Goddammit....

What's with the Chiefs resigning unreliable and/or broke dick players these days?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:45 PM 08-20-2019
Because he's our new primary gunner. it's a role DAT excels at.
His career total of 7 tackles begs the question of how can someone "EXCEL" at something while only having 7 career tackles? He is only 5"8" tall. Pretty small for a gunner.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:50 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:
Goddammit....

What's with the Chiefs resigning unreliable and/or broke dick players these days?
**cut to Zombo literally staring at the phone pleading "ring RING motherfucker"**
[Reply]
staylor26 04:52 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
**cut to Zombo literally staring at the phone pleading "ring RING motherfucker"**
Zombo’s days are over with the switch to a 4-3.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:52 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
His career total of 7 tackles begs the question of how can someone "EXCEL" at something while only having 7 career tackles? He is only 5"8" tall. Pretty small for a gunner.
A big part of being a gunner is getting down there to force the fair catch. He does that. He was also good at downing Colquitt's punts. Unlike Kemp who whiffed on several attempts last season.

And despite his diminutive size, he's tough and tenacious. Toub has talked about this.

Stats be damned, just watch the play on the field.
[Reply]
Warrick 04:52 PM 08-20-2019
Good riddance Smith, you sucked at CB, HB, and now there's no reason for you to stay.

I like this move provided Dat stays healthy.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:56 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Zombo’s days are over with the switch to a 4-3.
So it was the move to the 4-3 and not the startling lack of talent that did him in?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:59 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So it was the move to the 4-3 and not the startling lack of talent that did him in?
I mean if Sutton were here we’d be a couple injuries away from picking up the phone.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:05 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Good riddance Smith, you sucked at CB, HB, and now there's no reason for you to stay.

I like this move provided Dat stays healthy.
I guess I don't get the good riddance comments. He was really good as a returner. I don't mind that he's gone but not like he was worthless.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up