ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>Most Memorable moments from Game of Thrones
Buehler445 08:14 PM 05-20-2019
Now that it's all said and all done, what are your most memorable scenes from the show? There is a lot to draw from, I'm interested in what impacted you the most.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:05 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well this story is timely -

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...5SK1F0ISVsVcGk

:-)
LOL.

What a turd. Is he a millennial?
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 08:14 PM 08-18-2019
One of my favorites.

Joffrey Baratheon's Death Scene

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:46 PM 12-28-2020
How far D&D have fallen

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were riding high as the creative minds behind the biggest, baddest and most popular show on television, and had signed on to develop an entire Star Wars trilogy as their first major project after Game of Thrones had drawn to a close. Unfortunately for the duo, however, the backlash from fans and even some of the cast against the eighth and final season was overwhelming to say the least, with many accusing the showrunners of failing spectacularly when it came to creating a narrative that couldn’t rely on the books for inspiration.

It didn’t take them long to change their minds on a galaxy far, far away, either, making the pair the latest names to have an incredibly brief flirtation with Disney and Lucasfilm’s sci-fi behemoth before walking away in short order. However, they swiftly wound up at Netflix, with Benioff and Weiss set to executive produce an adaptation of Chinese literary series The Three-Body Problem for the streamer.

The show was announced as a co-production with the China-based Yoozoo Group, but development has been placed on hold now in the most tragic and mysterious of circumstances after another of the executive producers was allegedly murdered by one of his colleagues, although the Chinese media have been unwilling to divulge much in the way of details.

Yoozoo Group executive Lin Qi was hospitalized last week after reportedly being poisoned, and police in Shanghai have arrested fellow senior boardroom member Xu Yao after an investigation led them to believe he was the prime suspect. Qi has since passed away, and Yao remains in custody as the case continues. Unsurprisingly, then, development on The Three-Body Problem has been halted for the foreseeable future after one of the executive producers was killed by someone he was very familiar with.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How far D&D have fallen

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were riding high as the creative minds behind the biggest, baddest and most popular show on television, and had signed on to develop an entire Star Wars trilogy as their first major project after Game of Thrones had drawn to a close. Unfortunately for the duo, however, the backlash from fans and even some of the cast against the eighth and final season was overwhelming to say the least, with many accusing the showrunners of failing spectacularly when it came to creating a narrative that couldn’t rely on the books for inspiration.

It didn’t take them long to change their minds on a galaxy far, far away, either, making the pair the latest names to have an incredibly brief flirtation with Disney and Lucasfilm’s sci-fi behemoth before walking away in short order. However, they swiftly wound up at Netflix, with Benioff and Weiss set to executive produce an adaptation of Chinese literary series The Three-Body Problem for the streamer.

The show was announced as a co-production with the China-based Yoozoo Group, but development has been placed on hold now in the most tragic and mysterious of circumstances after another of the executive producers was allegedly murdered by one of his colleagues, although the Chinese media have been unwilling to divulge much in the way of details.

Yoozoo Group executive Lin Qi was hospitalized last week after reportedly being poisoned, and police in Shanghai have arrested fellow senior boardroom member Xu Yao after an investigation led them to believe he was the prime suspect. Qi has since passed away, and Yao remains in custody as the case continues. Unsurprisingly, then, development on The Three-Body Problem has been halted for the foreseeable future after one of the executive producers was killed by someone he was very familiar with.
I thought I was reading a boring article about moron producers. Then I read the bold. WTF?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I thought I was reading a boring article about moron producers. Then I read the bold. WTF?
Game of Thrones, Chinese Executive Division. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:21 PM 12-28-2020
:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:45 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I'd rather watch a TV show about that than anything D&D plan to write.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:51 PM 12-28-2020
GoT ended so badly that you'd think Jar Jar Abrams was somehow involved.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:50 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
One of my favorites.

Joffrey Baratheon's Death Scene

I was never happier about a death on that show, he was such an unbearable little shit
[Reply]
Bowser 12:37 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'd rather watch a TV show about that than anything D&D plan to write.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
GoT ended so badly that you'd think Jar Jar Abrams was somehow involved.
The first five (six?) seasons of this show were as strong as any other show has ever been, and they SHOULD be essentially black balled for what the did with the final season. Season eight was the literal interpretation of killing a golden goose. The Battle of Winterfell against the Night King was an amazing episode in and of itself, but it was ridiculous when placed within the story of GoT, and that was considered the highlight of season 8. The actors did all they could with what they had to work, but turds just never get shiny.

And to add to fraz's thought, it would be if Jar Jar Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy both had input to how the series should have wrapped, it was that bad.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:40 PM 12-29-2020
What amazes me is just how forgettable the show is to me now.

Season 8 just destroyed everything before for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:58 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Yep. It's just like Lost, only on a much grander scale.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:49 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Yep, season 8 changed most peoples view of the show.

D&D deserve their fall from the top producers ladder.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:49 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The first five (six?) seasons of this show were as strong as any other show has ever been, and they SHOULD be essentially black balled for what the did with the final season. Season eight was the literal interpretation of killing a golden goose. The Battle of Winterfell against the Night King was an amazing episode in and of itself, but it was ridiculous when placed within the story of GoT, and that was considered the highlight of season 8. The actors did all they could with what they had to work, but turds just never get shiny.

And to add to fraz's thought, it would be if Jar Jar Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy both had input to how the series should have wrapped, it was that bad.
Obviously they were nothing without Martin's source material. It wasn't helped by the fact that they tried to rush through the final season or two (the final two seasons only had a combined 13 episodes) because they apparently wanted to move onto other projects. The irony is those projects haven't actually been developed seemingly because they botched the end of GoT so badly.

Now I doubt they would have been able to stick the landing without the books to follow, but they honestly didn't even try.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:56 PM 12-30-2020
And now we're going on 10 years since the last book dropped. Lazy bastard. Is there anybody left on earth that cares?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up