ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 301
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:46 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t care about his raw walk total if his approach continues to be good. Haven’t seen today’s game but know he’s 0-3 with 3 Ks.

Honestly, not sure why you’re worrying about that 25 ABs into the season, when he’s carry and OPS north of 1.000.
I'm thrilled with him overall, just aware that his career K and walk numbers are a concern and the biggest thing holding him back from potential stardom.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:47 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Kcchiefsus is a compete moron that's why.
Aww you can't help but open your mouth. Your life must fucking suck.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:12 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Aww you can't help but open your mouth. Your life must fucking suck.
I never get these posts.

What does a post on chiefsplanet have to do with that poster's life?
[Reply]
Jerok 06:19 PM 04-04-2019
I miss Ventura. He got me fired up when he pitched like no other player. Every game had the potential to be must-watch TV. Would he throw 99 and blow by guys? Would he yell at Mike Trout for no reason? Would he be charged by Manny Machado? It was a lot of fun, and now when I watch the Royals it's boring old losing, can we walk the bases loaded and keep walking guys baseball.

RIP Yordado. Hopefully Singer will be the next exciting pitcher to watch.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:22 AM 04-05-2019
MLB needs to get their shit together. They've ruined opening day with the stupid overseas shit a week before, playing games in March, and no game on a friday? WTF. Also end the season on Labor day.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:11 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
MLB needs to get their shit together. They've ruined opening day with the stupid overseas shit a week before, playing games in March, and no game on a friday? WTF. Also end the season on Labor day.

So you want a 130 game season, then?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:12 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So you want a 130 game season, then?
120 even.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:59 AM 04-05-2019
The start date is fine but I wouldn't be upset to end it much earlier. By the time the NFL rolls around a lot of people have checked out.
[Reply]
jimidollar 01:31 PM 04-05-2019
Some have already checked out.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:33 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The start date is fine but I wouldn't be upset to end it much earlier. By the time the NFL rolls around a lot of people have checked out.
Well, if they've already lost 90 games by then, yes. We weren't checked out by September in 2014-2015.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:20 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm thrilled with him overall, just aware that his career K and walk numbers are a concern and the biggest thing holding him back from potential stardom.
So if he has a 325 BA/350 OBP/550 SLG/900 OPS you won't consider him a star because he didn't take enough walks?

It's so crazy to think about how highly regarded our farm system was with Hosmer, Moose and all those other guys, but none of them touched the potential Mondesi has. Last year as a 22 year old he had a SLG that matched Eric Hosmers highest SLG and Hosmer did that when he was playing for a new contract. Im so excited to see what Mondesi can become.

On a side note, I am so incredibly happy that Hosmer didn't sign here. I think that deal would have been so much worse thsn the Alex Gordon deal.

One last thing, can someone give me a good break down Khalil Lee? According to MLB.com he is our 2nd highest rated prospect. What is his potential like? I was going to buy some of his 1st Bowman Chrome auto cards while they are still cheap. I've read he's a legit 5 tool player and he has a knack for getting on base. Who does he compare to in the majors. ?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:59 AM 04-06-2019
Looks like Edinson Volquez might have retore his UCL. That might be a wrap on his career. If so, thank you for everything, Eddie.

He got the dreaded “sprained elbow” diagnosis.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:17 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Looks like Edinson Volquez might have retore his UCL. That might be a wrap on his career. If so, thank you for everything, Eddie.

He got the dreaded “sprained elbow” diagnosis.
That sucks, he was one of our best starters in 2015 and pitched his ass off in the playoffs. He was a huge reason why we won the WS.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:35 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So if he has a 325 BA/350 OBP/550 SLG/900 OPS you won't consider him a star because he didn't take enough walks?

It's so crazy to think about how highly regarded our farm system was with Hosmer, Moose and all those other guys, but none of them touched the potential Mondesi has. Last year as a 22 year old he had a SLG that matched Eric Hosmers highest SLG and Hosmer did that when he was playing for a new contract. Im so excited to see what Mondesi can become.

On a side note, I am so incredibly happy that Hosmer didn't sign here. I think that deal would have been so much worse thsn the Alex Gordon deal.

One last thing, can someone give me a good break down Khalil Lee? According to MLB.com he is our 2nd highest rated prospect. What is his potential like? I was going to buy some of his 1st Bowman Chrome auto cards while they are still cheap. I've read he's a legit 5 tool player and he has a knack for getting on base. Who does he compare to in the majors. ?

He’s a smaller OF with good raw power. The 5-tool talk is legitimate.

He might be a little bit of a stretch in CF for the K, but he’s someone who could be an incredibly plus corner guy there.

He has had good plate discipline throughout his minor league career, with good walk rates. Two years ago, he struck out a bunch. Last year, he really cut his K rate but it sapped some power.

He’s probably a 15-20 HR guy playing for the Royals, but he runs well enough to steal 20+ bases.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:24 PM 04-06-2019
I can’t take this team seriously with Owings playing every day.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 301
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up