ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 70
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:10 PM 04-09-2023
CRYPTIC

On Midnight April 12 history will be changed forever

April 12 2401
April 12 2151
April 12 2023

The Penultimate Episode of the saga 36 years in the making. #StarTrekPicard Directed by @TerryMatalas pic.twitter.com/noqoKDX36B

— Dave Blass (@DaveBlass) April 9, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:45 PM 04-09-2023

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:58 PM 04-09-2023
I'm loving how Jonathan Frakes brought his "A-Game" playing Riker. It's been a real treat seeing most of the old cast holding their own instead of phoning it in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:28 PM 04-09-2023
fucking sperglords :-)

Originally Posted by :
Maybe this is answered elsewhere in canon, but how is it that Picard is making Chateau Picard Bordeaux wine when his ancentral home and vinyards are in La Barre? That's Burgundy country, on the other side of France.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 AM 04-10-2023

#FrontierDay pic.twitter.com/8t1BVI2ZHQ

— Terry Matalas (@TerryMatalas) April 10, 2023

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:25 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It was actually an airport windsock dipped in concrete. :-)
The planet killer was a classic episode; each character in the episode had their own music to match them.

Roddenbury's take on the nuclear buildup and mutually assured destruction.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:31 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
CRYPTIC

Temporal Cold War in April of 2151?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:42 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The planet killer was a classic episode; each character in the episode had their own music to match them.

Roddenbury's take on the nuclear buildup and mutually assured destruction.
Yep. Far and away my favorite TOS episode and perhaps my favorite Star Trek episode of all time. Especially now that they updated the space shots. I'll never forget the first time I saw it when I was a kid.

I've posted this before, but here's a YouTube spot about that episode. Director Marc Daniels did some very special things in that episode that had never been done before, including showing the first and only 360 degree shot of the bridge. And it's also pretty obvious that John Williams saw it, because he basically lifted the planet killer music when he wrote the score for Jaws.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:33 PM 04-10-2023
saddle up

lock and load

YOUR BOOBS ARE STARTING TO FIRM UP

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 04-10-2023

OMFG!! SEASON 3, EPISODE 9 of “STAR TREK: PICARD” (called “VOX”) is gonna ROCK YOUR WORLD and MANY TIMES OVER! Each episode keeps getting better & better and THIS is the BEST ONE YET! That’s all I can say, other than WATCH IT THIS THURSDAY! #StarTrek #StarTrekPicard pic.twitter.com/X3t6tR43Ty

— Scott Mantz (@MovieMantz) April 10, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:22 PM 04-10-2023

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:46 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yep. Far and away my favorite TOS episode and perhaps my favorite Star Trek episode of all time. Especially now that they updated the space shots. I'll never forget the first time I saw it when I was a kid.

I've posted this before, but here's a YouTube spot about that episode. Director Marc Daniels did some very special things in that episode that had never been done before, including showing the first and only 360 degree shot of the bridge. And it's also pretty obvious that John Williams saw it, because he basically lifted the planet killer music when he wrote the score for Jaws.

Thx, I've watched that. I remember watching it as a youngster and when I got into programming, there was a text based Star Trek program floating around. I tried to add the doomsday device to it however it always just destroyed you. It was really crude; E for Enterprise, K for Klingons, etc.

Long time ago, before personal computers and many only had 64k of memory. Punched cards and paper tape.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:16 AM 04-11-2023
what fits on a phone better? :-)

I have just finished working on this weeks wallpaper release.

All i’m going to say is it is not a desktop wallpaper :-)

This was a fun one to put together! #StartrekPicardSeason3 #LCARS pic.twitter.com/ONB3x46gtm

— Michael Overton (@mikeoverton21) April 11, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:16 AM 04-13-2023

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 10:26 AM 04-13-2023
The end of the episode was.... damn. I have no words.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 62 of 70
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Up