ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 173
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:10 AM 08-02-2016
Thank you all so much. It may seem like bitching, but I thought I'd just spell out each and every thing that I am going through right now due to treatment. I am in a good mood today, slept well last night and despite what I am about to list, I think it is going to be a decent day. Here goes: cold sensitivity to the point even room temperature water makes my throat feel prickly, anything cooler than luke warm water drains the heat from my hands, right now my fingertips are buzzing which hurts to type, when the A/C comes on I feel almost frost bitten on exposed skin, small sore spots in my inner lip and sides of tongue, I feel like I have wet sand stuck to the soles of my feet, the first few bites of anything makes my back salivary glands buzz and tweak which makes my eyes water and my face clinch up while I do something akin to the funky chicken dance, blowing my nose often makes it bleed, I have nausea come and go, and due to the oxilaplatin, the first piss I take hours after treatment or sometime even the second one, hurts when it starts. There is an irriation that settles about halfway in the urethrea. Think getting jabbed in the shaft with a bic pen before you pee. Oh, and I have slight dizzy dpells and hiccups at times as well. I think that is everything.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:16 AM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
My appetite is fine; it's just the first few bites are torture.

There are more benefits than just increasing appetite. Having said that, you must be comfortable with your treatment plan. Keep your head up and don't quit. We all are pulling for you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:35 AM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
There are more benefits than just increasing appetite. Having said that, you must be comfortable with your treatment plan. Keep your head up and don't quit. We all are pulling for you.
The comfort I am taking is in that it is working. My LDH was 463 and is 307 now and my CEA was 277.9 and is a flat 240 now. 240 is still very high, but it's a drop of 11 or 12% after one treatment, so we'll see what happens after this one. I go back on the 15th for more.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:09 AM 08-02-2016
LE
These side effects sound horrible. My neighbor is an oncologist. We talked about side effects. We prayed for you together. My deep concern for you continues.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:34 PM 08-04-2016
Thanks, everyone. I wanted to say I feel pretty good today, just a day after my pump unhook, so I still have chemo flowing around in my system. It usually takes longer to feel as good as I do now after a treatment. I got out in the heat and mowed on the riding mower, cleaned it up later, and even lifted some weights today. I just did twenty curls and five from the hips up to the armpits, but I have not lifted in so long, I need to tone up again. I am taking it easy, though. Since it will be cooler tomorrow, I might fire up the chainsaw and prune a hedge tree so I can mow under it. I really don't like getting raked by the thorns, so I need to cut the low branches and give me clearance before I mow there again. I did some laundry today, too. I didn't really accomplish a lot today, but I am just pleased that I was able to do what I did so soon after a treatment.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 06:29 PM 08-04-2016
Thanks, everyone. I wanted to say I feel pretty good today, just a day after my pump unhook, so I still have chemo flowing around in my system. It usually takes longer to feel as good as I do now after a treatment. I got out in the heat and mowed on the riding mower, cleaned it up later, and even lifted some weights today. I just did twenty curls and five from the hips up to the armpits, but I have not lifted in so long, I need to tone up again. I am taking it easy, though. Since it will be cooler tomorrow, I might fire up the chainsaw and prune a hedge tree so I can mow under it. I really don't like getting raked by the thorns, so I need to cut the low branches and give me clearance before I mow there again. I did some laundry today, too. I didn't really accomplish a lot today, but I am just pleased that I was able to do what I did so soon after a treatment.
Well done, sir!!! :-)

You do seem to love thet chainsaw....just don't lose a digit!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:30 PM 08-04-2016
Glad to hear it! I've been putting in the extra work for you brother.
[Reply]
scho63 07:19 PM 08-04-2016
Thanks, everyone. I wanted to say I feel pretty good today, just a day after my pump unhook, so I still have chemo flowing around in my system. I just did twenty curls and five from the hips up to the armpits, but I have not lifted in so long, I need to tone up again.
Rather than lifting weights, I have one word for you: MASTURBATION!

Screw that weight shit. You feel energized? Rub one out and then take a nap. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:27 PM 08-04-2016

[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:38 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Rather than lifting weights, I have one word for you: MASTURBATION!

Screw that weight shit. You feel energized? Rub one out and then take a nap. :-)
Thanks to the surgery and cutting nerves in my gut, and the meds and chemo... my junk is not much more than junk these days. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:40 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Well done, sir!!! :-)

You do seem to love thet chainsaw....just don't lose a digit!
Oh, I am very safe with the chainsaw. The only times I get cut is when I move the wood that I have sawed and get splinters!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:40 PM 08-04-2016
Fuckin-a man, rock-on...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:02 PM 08-08-2016
I shouldn't have done all that stuff last Thursday. It's taking a while to remember all the stuff and get back into the routine. A day after the unhook, no matter how I feel, I should not exert myself. I'm still in a state of fatigue today and it hit me Friday morning after I did way too much. I have nothing pressing that needs to be done in the next several days, however. All I did yesterday as far as work goes is hit poison ivy with weed killer. Some of it is growing very close to my grapevine, so I hope I didn't take that out, too, but I'd rather see the vine die if that is what it takes to get rid of the poison ivy.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:05 PM 08-08-2016
I shouldn't have done all that stuff last Thursday. It's taking a while to remember all the stuff and get back into the routine. A day after the unhook, no matter how I feel, I should not exert myself. I'm still in a state of fatigue today and it hit me Friday morning after I did way too much. I have nothing pressing that needs to be done in the next several days, however. All I did yesterday as far as work goes is hit poison ivy with weed killer. Some of it is growing very close to my grapevine, so I hope I didn't take that out, too, but I'd rather see the vine die if that is what it takes to get rid of the poison ivy.
I've had some start in the lawn, but this year seems to be the year for Chickweed. Wow, it's going to take the top-dollar stuff to get rid of it..
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:19 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I've had some start in the lawn, but this year seems to be the year for Chickweed. Wow, it's going to take the top-dollar stuff to get rid of it..
If the weed killer doesn't do the job, I know gasoline will!
[Reply]
Page 108 of 173
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Up