ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>So Akrum Wadley says unflattering things about his time at Iowa
Mecca 12:08 PM 06-29-2020

Statement from Akrum Wadley about his time in the Iowa Football program via the Facebook page of Pre-Postgame CEO Robert T Green. Post also includes screen grabs of electronic communications with staff members Broderick Binns and Chris Whitehttps://t.co/Mk8N8nSbeP pic.twitter.com/8oMtXqNqDx

— Rob Howe (@RobHoweHN) June 29, 2020

If you don't want to read all that the basis of it is...

Wadley states Brian Ferentz called him a “dumb mother fucker” while on his way to take an exam.

Wadley also states Kirk Ferentz gave him note cards on what to say in press conferences. He also states he turned to alcohol to cope with the constant put downs by the coaching staff. He also states Kirk Ferentz threatened to take away his meal card. Kirk followed through on this and Wadley had to call his mom to get a Domino’s pizza.

Wadley states Brian Ferentz wanted someone on the OLine to injure Reggie Spearman because he hated him and wished he wasn’t there.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:38 PM 06-30-2020
Dont think it's just 1 player tho. You guys had that highly rated olineman who "retired" and now is walking on at Nebraska. There appears to be some issues.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:15 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Because you are race baiting, which negates anything else you might think or say. Go ahead, tell us your basis for consulting with the UI AD. You sell paper towels and urinal cakes?
Which part, specifically, was "race baiting", you lying sack of ****?

Honest question.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:58 PM 06-30-2020
And the kids that are raised to handle adversity and thrive on challenges will eat those kids for lunch as both teens and adults.
This all day long
[Reply]
BossChief 04:38 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
LOL Good Lord. Your coach legitimately assaulted you.

You admit yourself you regretted your actions immediately after making them so how was your coach's reaction helpful and not grossly unnecessary?
I’m not surprised your weak minded ass has that response.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:42 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m not surprised your weak minded ass has that response.

Yeah, I’m not OK with coaches strangling high school athletes.

Anyone who’s cool with that is a fucking dipshit.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:27 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
LOL Good Lord. Your coach legitimately assaulted you.

You admit yourself you regretted your actions immediately after making them so how was your coach's reaction helpful and not grossly unnecessary?
I knew I was wrong as it was happening...

I don't look back on what the coach did as anything but helpful because the other side of that coin was support that still is there today. I think it's ok to be harsh when necessary when it's paired with good intentions and kindness when that is needed. I think most wrestling coaches will physically beat the shit out of their team every afternoon, but offer just as many hugs and assurance if that's appropriate.

It wouldn't be appropriate today, and I wouldn't want to see it done to my son, but I'm fine with him being coached hard when it's needed to build him a tougher character. I wouldn't bitch if a coach called him simple jack for doing something stupid.

The point being...I've had really tough coaches who said pretty rough things, and none of it had anything to do with race. I know people who have wrestled D1, including Iowa and some of the shit that happened to one of them would have all of these babies in a tantrum for life.

I've had bosses that were absolute mother ****ers, including one that ended in punches because he wouldn't stop calling me a one who sucks the penis. Disrespectful. An asshole every single day. It wasn't about race.

That's my point I guess. Maybe these coaches are absolute pricks. Maybe they think certain players need to be humbled or coached hard to motivate them...maybe they're bad people, I don't know....but I'd be shocked if there weren't plenty of players treated exactly the same way who look back and realize they were better players because of it, and are more successful afterwards because hard men held the, to high standards.

I just don't believe ,out of these things have anything to do with race.

I should point out that I have coached little league and youth wrestling, and I take a very positive approach with kids. I always tell them to have fun and try hard and point out something good for anything I correct.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:17 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
None of this. I realize you're a teacher, but I work with kids every day as well. I've seen zero of this. Kids are smart and caring.
I wish I had some of your kids. I forget the assholes fast. Talking to another teacher in the district. He remembered the names of all the ones I had this year. 4 years later.

I am worried about the future.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:09 AM 07-01-2020
Because you are race baiting, which negates anything else you might think or say. Go ahead, tell us your basis for consulting with the UI AD. You sell paper towels and urinal cakes?
Let's try again;

Honest question.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:47 PM 07-02-2020
Let's try again;

Honest question.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up