ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:32 PM 06-22-2020
I'd go with Dalton over paying him
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:35 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I wouldnt want Dak for anything more than $20M a season. He is no where close to a top QB and his asking price is insane.

I would legitimately rather not have a QB and draft one than invest in Dak.
He's a top 10-15 QB, there's no doubt about that. Some say higher.

And you're suggesting he be paid like a bottom 5 QB.
[Reply]
dls6501 02:24 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He's a top 10-15 QB, there's no doubt about that. Some say higher.

And you're suggesting he be paid like a bottom 5 QB.
I am suggesting that if I was a GM, I would let someone else pay him. I dont think he should be paid like a bottom 5 QB, but I would rather someone else make the mistake of giving him a massive contract rather than me.

When Zeke is out, Dak looks ordinary AF. When Dak plays against top teams, he looks ordinary AF.

Just personal preference, but I wouldnt want him at anything close to what he is asking for.
[Reply]
dls6501 02:24 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I'd go with Dalton over paying him
Agree 100%
[Reply]
jonzie04 02:42 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I wouldnt want Dak for anything more than $20M a season. He is no where close to a top QB and his asking price is insane.

I would legitimately rather not have a QB and draft one than invest in Dak.
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think the Browns are going to be better than people predict
They SHOULD be. They have way too much talent to keep sucking. they won’t suck for forever..... I think
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:58 PM 06-22-2020
There's a reason Dallas hasn't won anything in so many years. Let them sign this average QB to a big contract. It's good for laugh.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:26 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There's a reason Dallas hasn't won anything in so many years. Let them sign this average QB to a big contract. It's good for laugh.
I’d love to see America’s team give him that contract lol. Other than hanging shit on afc west teams, Dallas is next in line.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 04:09 PM 06-22-2020
Never wanna wish it on anyone but It would be fitting if this idiot got injured and never earns even a quarter of what he declined. Greedy ****.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:57 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
Never wanna wish it on anyone but It would be fitting if this idiot got injured and never earns even a quarter of what he declined. Greedy ****.
WTF? If some team is willing to pay him what he wants, that’s not his problem.

Would you take less money at your job than what your employer is willing to pay?
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 06:10 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Would you take less money at your job than what your employer is willing to pay?

ummmm hello, he declined a 5year/175M deal. He thinks he deserves more than that which is just ridiculous considering he's maybe an above average QB at best.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:31 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

If I was a QB and making more money than I could spend in a lifetime... Would I take less so the players would be better that surround me? Absolutely yes I would and I'm sure many other people would as well. Brady did it and look at how that turned out for him. It's a shame more QBs don't do the same.

I'm not saying that a QB that doesn't do that is a piece of shit. Hell no! Get paid! Just saying lets not act that everyone puts money above everything.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:31 PM 06-22-2020
If I was a QB and making more money than I could spend in a lifetime... Would I take less so the players would be better that surround me? Absolutely yes I would and I'm sure many other people would as well. Brady did it and look at how that turned out for him. It's a shame more QBs don't do the same.

I'm not saying that a QB that doesn't do that is a piece of shit. Hell no! Get paid! Just saying lets not act that everyone puts money above everything.
I understand your perspective and in theory it's a novel idea; but there are numerous consequences when structuring deals that way...

1 - the nflpa would lose their minds if something like that happened, all players would be under unfair scrutiny if they didn't follow suit and "take one for the team's potential future success" and that's an unfair burden to put on not only future FAs but the player in question as well...

2 - Tom Brady's career is an anomaly. He was financially set for a long while now considering his insanely wealthy wife, so that argument really needs to be thrown out of the discussion.

In a fantasy world in which players cared more about team success over personal gain, sure you have some talking points; but that world is just that, a fantasy
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:51 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I understand your perspective and in theory it's a novel idea; but there are numerous consequences when structuring deals that way...

1 - the nflpa would lose their minds if something like that happened, all players would be under unfair scrutiny if they didn't follow suit and "take one for the team's potential future success" and that's an unfair burden to put on not only future FAs but the player in question as well...

2 - Tom Brady's career is an anomaly. He was financially set for a long while now considering his insanely wealthy wife, so that argument really needs to be thrown out of the discussion.

In a fantasy world in which players cared more about team success over personal gain, sure you have some talking points; but that world is just that, a fantasy
Not true. Players take discounts to play for SB contending teams all the time. They aren't huge discounts but it does happen.

Also, Brady was taking discounts way before he met his wife.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:00 PM 06-23-2020
Last 3 seasons, Dak's record against winning teams: 6 wins, 17 losses, 25 TD, 25 INT. Yep Dallas. Pay this guy more than Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 08:02 PM 06-23-2020
Not true. Players take discounts to play for SB contending teams all the time. They aren't huge discounts but it does happen.

Also, Brady was taking discounts way before he met his wife.
Brady was highest paid QB in the league multiple times throughout his career. He didn't always take discounts. People are demanding Mahomes take a discount on his very first chance at a big contract. Brady didn't take a discount on his first big contract after his rookie deal.

IF Mahomes is willing to go the discount direction, he needs to demand 100% guaranteed money. There has to be compromise from the Chiefs on that front. If Kirk Cousins can get a fully guaranteed deal, then Mahomes should be demanding the same treatment...especially if he's willing to give them a discount on the actual salary.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up