ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 2688
« First < 178228268274275276277278 2792802812822883283787781278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:56 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I consider Alex to be the excuse for the team (which has so much freaking potential, whether you want to admit it or not) falling short of what they could be. They could dominate their way to a SB championship with an actual QB.

You Alexuals come up with all of your Alexcuses. Alex IS the excuse. He is the Alexcuse.
Yep. Smith's fault Charles and Maclin played nowhere near there value (20 million wasted) and Harris has hands made of stone
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:09 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
:-)
Are you clapping because Alex is on that list and has never sniffed being an All Pro?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:11 PM 07-11-2017
Yep. Smith's fault Charles and Maclin played nowhere near there value (20 million wasted) and Harris has hands made of stone
You have become a parody of yourself. :-)
[Reply]
JDKinman 10:24 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/07/10/d...fl-andy-benoit

There have been 79 quarterbacks drafted with a top-20 pick since 1970. Only one of those QBs, Peyton Manning, has been name first-team All-Pro more than once. And only five others have earned the honor even once: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Jim Kelly, Bert Jones and Terry Bradshaw.

As a huge fan of Mahomes and said so on January 3rd, Chiefsplanet has, of course, placed ridiculously high expectations on a 21 year old that's never played under center and needs at least 18 months to grow into the position.
Troy Aikman was the number one draft pick in 1989, if I recall correctly, and in 1993 he was selected first-team All-Pro with Steven Young. In addition, Aikman led the Cowboys to three Super Bowls in four years.

As a Texas Tech alum, supporter and donor, I watched Mahomes for three years. This young man displays eerily similar leadership traits that we saw with Aikman in his early days with Dallas.

I'll agree that the KC faithful have placed some pretty high expectations on Mahomes, but then again, so did we at Tech. This young man thrives and grows exponentially in direct proportion to the challenges he is handed.

I'm not going to bash Alex Smith as I don't think--regardless of what anyone in the Chiefs' front office may have said or inferred--that he was hired to take the Chiefs to the Promised Land, but rather to the water's edge, ie the playoffs.

In contrast, I fully believe that Mahomes was drafted and hired to take the Chiefs' to the Mountain Top and keep them there long enough for Kansas City to add the word "Dynasty" to their history. Almost all of the characters are in place.

2017 is a toss-up. He (Mahomes) might get a lot of snaps during the regular season and he might not. But 2018 is going to be a barn-burner, because as we saw and watched at Tech, his sophomore season was three times better than his freshmen season, and you've all seen the highlights from his junior season--even better than his sophomore season.

Bear in mind that his improvement came at the hands of young rookie and inexperienced coaches. He doesn't have that holding his talent level back at KC. He's got some of the best there is bringing him along.

Regards,

JD
[Reply]
stumppy 10:36 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Troy Aikman was the number one draft pick in 1989, if I recall correctly, and in 1993 he was selected first-team All-Pro with Steven Young. In addition, Aikman led the Cowboys to three Super Bowls in four years.

As a Texas Tech alum, supporter and donor, I watched Mahomes for three years. This young man displays eerily similar leadership traits that we saw with Aikman in his early days with Dallas.

I'll agree that the KC faithful have placed some pretty high expectations on Mahomes, but then again, so did we at Tech. This young man thrives and grows exponentially in direct proportion to the challenges he is handed.

I'm not going to bash Alex Smith as I don't think--regardless of what anyone in the Chiefs' front office may have said or inferred--that he was hired to take the Chiefs to the Promised Land, but rather to the water's edge, ie the playoffs.

In contrast, I fully believe that Mahomes was drafted and hired to take the Chiefs' to the Mountain Top and keep them there long enough for Kansas City to add the word "Dynasty" to their history. Almost all of the characters are in place.

2017 is a toss-up. He (Mahomes) might get a lot of snaps during the regular season and he might not. But 2018 is going to be a barn-burner, because as we saw and watched at Tech, his sophomore season was three times better than his freshmen season, and you've all seen the highlights from his junior season--even better than his sophomore season.

Bear in mind that his improvement came at the hands of young rookie and inexperienced coaches. He doesn't have that holding his talent level back at KC. He's got some of the best there is bringing him along.

Regards,

JD
I think I love you
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:29 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

If we're patient for many years and he still doesn't get it, are you suggesting we SHOULDN'T try again to draft and develop a guy?

What else should Chiefs fans say if the transition isn't neat, orderly, flawless, and instantly successful? "Fuck this Mahomes guy! We should find somebody else!"
to be fair, all chiefs fans have had to be patient for 47 years for 'anyone' to step up and take their team to the next level. especially at the qb position.

so kansas city people are by definition the most patient, even if vocalized in an impatient fashion :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:39 AM 07-12-2017
alex has never had a 'fuckit, im just throwing caution to the wind' moment or series of moments. let us say for example. alex knows how fast tyreek is. hill probably on a couple occasions even told him 'hey alex man, im wide open all day over here'. but in the pittsburg game, why didn't he simply fling the ball in hills direction? take that chance. but instead, he wasted valuable time scrambling before getting nothing anyways. he is the definition of a system guy. im amazed at how smart alex supposedly is, but he does not allow it to work outside of the backfield.

AND THAT IS WHAT EVERY ONE HERE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU!!
[Reply]
rico 02:26 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Then get the **** off the field and mosey the **** on, "Babs".

By the way, SNR; that was a badass post. You are a BAD mother****er, sah! :-)

Rico! That was in reference to Hollywood's least wanted jingle-master and composer of "Two Whales ****ing" for the Nature Channel; Douche McCloud.
If you show up at West Hollywood Borders Books tomorrow morning, he'll be signing his new book, "Musical Crap: A discovery of the most potent and effective musical keys for multinational toilet paper sales".

Sounds exciting, amirite?!?!?
Ok, don't know why I didn't catch on after reading the "Mc." Probably because I personally don't think he's a douche. I like Dane. I have noticed you and him having run-ins here and there and I can understand you and him not liking each other.

I'm obviously not as accepting of Alex as Dane is...I'm on the opposite side of the fence when it comes to that and I'm sure he probably thinks my very vague takes that I usually have are dumb as shit, but I think the dude is interesting/entertaining... I love reading the stories...love reading the fights...He's been pretty nice to me and I've had some pretty silly moments on here where I've left myself vulnerable to just be ripped to shreds, :-).

Usually when I see you and him or Dane and Clay or Dane and whoever arguing with each other, I run for the popcorn. :-)

Some of the spats on here are such good entertainment...really, I think the fights are a large part of what keeps this board hopping.
[Reply]
rico 02:38 AM 07-12-2017
Maclin shouldn't even be factored in as an Alexcuse because Alex has always had a reputation for leaving WR's in WR purgatory. Hell, the guy went 21 fucking games in a row without throwing a TD to a receiver...the entire 2014 season!!! Maclin's best season with us (2015), he picked up 1088 yards receiving and 8 TD's. His best year was when he was with the Eagles in 2014... he racked up 1318 yards and 10 TD's...with his quarterbacks being Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. Alex was way more of a detriment to Maclin than Maclin was to Smith.

Ware and West did a great job when Charles was hurt. Alex has had a running game in KC.

Not sure why I am feeding your troll face here, but yeah...
[Reply]
rico 02:40 AM 07-12-2017
I mean, seriously:

[Reply]
alanm 02:43 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm assuming he was talking about mini-camp
This is the dead period of the year for the NFL. 99% are on vacation till the end of the month when camps start up. Keitzman is drunk.
[Reply]
JohnV 05:37 AM 07-12-2017
I mean, seriously:

Lol. I think you guy's will like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afVY7WCdJM
[Reply]
rico 06:14 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by JohnV:
Lol. I think you guy's will like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afVY7WCdJM
:-) MY GOD I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER RIGHT NOW!!! Holy...shit! I had no idea that ever happened.... Oh my God.

That's our Quarterback!!! :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:39 AM 07-12-2017
:-) MY GOD I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER RIGHT NOW!!! Holy...shit! I had no idea that ever happened.... Oh my God.

That's our Quarterback!!! :-):-):-):-)
:-) It is funny shit. How embarrassing then he acts like he made the best pitch ever. & I think I could hear some cracklers with boos.
[Reply]
rico 07:01 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
:-) It is funny shit. How embarrassing then he acts like he made the best pitch ever. & I think I could hear some cracklers with boos.
Haha dude, I seriously could have thrown a better pitch than that when I was 6 years old.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 2688
« First < 178228268274275276277278 2792802812822883283787781278 > Last »
Up