ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1181 of 1208
« First < 18168110811131117111771178117911801181 11821183118411851191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went to the local grocer that does smoked ribs today, it was exactly what I had in mind as they usually do a great job

They were out, went for my first ever smoked T bone steak instead... it looks and smells incredible

Butter, sour cream, cracked pepper, and fresh chopped chives will ensure this tater is almost as good as the steak
[Reply]
Pablo 09:15 PM 09-02-2023
That’sa solid meal easy
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:48 PM 09-03-2023
Hatch Lumbre smoked mac with chopped brisket

[Reply]
Pablo 03:28 PM 09-03-2023
Looks great dude.

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:54 PM 09-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Looks great dude.

Thanks homie

Great repurpose for some defrosted, leftover brisket that had dried out a bit

Same with chili
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:13 PM 09-03-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Thanks homie

Great repurpose for some defrosted, leftover brisket that had dried out a bit

Same with chili
I almost bought some hatch chilis the other day, but they looked like balls so I didn't do it, but I'd hammer that.

Not sure how you're managing the leftover brisket, but I bought a chamber sealer and a sous vide machine, and while you can do some really fucking neat things with a sous vide, what I get the most mileage out of is reheating leftover protein. I mean it's really dumb, but I forget that when I reheat some good Q.

I also use it on the tractor a lot. One year I got epic furious at my culinary experience and decided to commit to not eating a single fucking sandwich for a fall. That was dumb, but by God I did it. And one of the things that worked really well was I grilled some sirloins and sliced them, vacuum sealed them and into the freezer. I'd throw them in the fridge at night and into the lunchbox in the morning and I'll be goddamned if it wasn't infinitely better than a sandwich.

Back then I just had a vacuum sealer, but I went ahead and bought a chamber sealer (on the rec of frozenchief - props to him), and you can really get the juices in there, and my god it's good.

There's your unsolicited advice for the day :-). That looks really good though, boss.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:31 PM 09-03-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I almost bought some hatch chilis the other day, but they looked like balls so I didn't do it, but I'd hammer that.
They're looking pretty hammered out here this late as well and I have some frozen for reserve but saw some fresh looking hots at the store and pulled the trigger

Originally Posted by :
One year I got epic furious at my culinary experience and decided to commit to not eating a single fucking sandwich for a fall.
Ima forget you ever said this shit

Originally Posted by :
Back then I just had a vacuum sealer, but I went ahead and bought a chamber sealer (on the rec of frozenchief - props to him), and you can really get the juices in there, and my god it's good.

There's your unsolicited advice for the day . That looks really good though, boss.
Yeah my original plan was to reheat the the vac sealed sliced brisket with a side of the Hatch mac and some slaw my wife insists upon because apparently we have to have a veg on the plate (god bless her) but the vac I pulled out was the front tip of the flat which was the driest part of the original brisket and it was late in the day so said fuck it, chopped and topped the mac.

I'm not complaining about it at all and will remember for future vac bagging.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:53 PM 09-03-2023
Sounds like you have the vac seal game under control. Carry on.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Ima forget you ever said this shit

We might be misunderstanding each other. There is the better part of 2 months in the fall that I take lunch to work and eat on the tractor. And everybody makes a sandwich and throws it in the lunchbox. It's a grind, and I get fucking TIRED of sandwiches.

So one year, I pledged to not eat a sandwich. I'm not talking about swearing off Jersey Mikes or anything.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:37 AM 09-04-2023

We might be misunderstanding each other. There is the better part of 2 months in the fall that I take lunch to work and eat on the tractor. And everybody makes a sandwich and throws it in the lunchbox. It's a grind, and I get fucking TIRED of sandwiches.

So one year, I pledged to not eat a sandwich. I'm not talking about swearing off Jersey Mikes or anything.
Ah yeah that makes sense

I'm pretty similar. I'm good with sandwiches for lunch for about a week per month then have fold in other things
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:57 AM 09-04-2023
It's just like coming home to the wife/GF and eating the same ol baloney sammich
[Reply]
srvy 11:39 AM 09-04-2023

This a 100%

I have spent a working life of lunch out of a Gott or Igloo lunch cooler. Cold cuts sammie a bag of chips piece of fruit and sometimes a Hostess pie. I can barely look at a sandwich or any chip nowadays.

Not talking meatball sub, Italian steak, pork tenderloin sandwiches at a deli.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:14 PM 09-10-2023
Do yourself a favor and get the Chicken Pot Pie at Costco, freaking delicious.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:40 PM 09-10-2023
That wasn't chicken
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:43 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That wasn't chicken
Yes it was. Rotisserie. Believe me I know what fake chicken taste like, it’s hard and rubbery, this was perfect.
[Reply]
scho63 02:27 PM 09-10-2023
I had a Dagwood cold cut sandwich on a loaf of fresh Ciabatta: pound of london broil, 1/2 pound of swiss, tons of spinach leaves, mayo and horseradish. Some sea salt potato chips alongside.

Fantastic!
[Reply]
Page 1181 of 1208
« First < 18168110811131117111771178117911801181 11821183118411851191 > Last »
Up