ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1080 of 1208
« First < 805809801030107010761077107810791080 1081108210831084109011301180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:52 PM 03-13-2021
Tri-tip with homemade broccoli slaw and sweet Hawaiian crescent rolls*

*these are a real thing sold at Aldis

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:03 PM 03-13-2021
I made this—exactly this it looked, complete with thyme sprig but forgot to put the yogurt out.
'Cept I brined my chops first. Would make again.

It is not my pic because too much was goin' on when I was getting it ready. I mad strawberry shortcake for dessert with the berries macerated with a mix of sweetner, water and Grand Marnier. Nice meal outdoors by my pool here with beautiful Florida weather.

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:21 PM 03-13-2021
Three straight homeruns, this joint knows how to COOK
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:26 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The corn starch will thicken it for sure, but will the Kitchen Bouquet add to the "beefy" flavor?
Beef stock to start with with the meat?

I’m not a big pot roast guy specifically for the reasons you mentioned.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:28 PM 03-13-2021
Arrowroot

Question: I'm experimenting with a slow cooker pot roast. Now I don't like finding a bunch of funky connective tissue and shit in my roast so I've been using a lean London Broil/Top Round. To get a good tasting gravy with a decent thickness and flavor I've had to toss in a pack of dry gravy mix. My results:

How can I eliminate the need for the brown gravy mix? I've tried "Better Than Bouillon" and it adds a lot of the flavor that I'm looking for but it still has too much sodium.

Do I have to use a fattier cut of meat? If so, is there any way to avoid having to pick through the remaining fat and gunk after I'm finished cooking?

Goals:

1) a great tasting gravy with a sodium content low enough that every slug within a 50 mile radius doesn't immediately shrivel into non-existence.

or

2) A cut of meat that doesn't remind you of that scene in The Great Outdoors where John Candy has to eat a plate full of gristle and fat.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:30 PM 03-13-2021
looks like you could pull the bones out and call it a McRib.

Originally Posted by lewdog:
:-)

I've done baby backs in the instant pot followed by broiling a few times now.

I was too embarrassed to post here but they are pretty good and VERY easy!

[Reply]
cooper barrett 03-13-2021, 11:34 PM
This message has been deleted by cooper barrett.
Buehler445 12:43 PM 03-14-2021
Wife has been shirking her taco production responsibilities, so while she’s out visiting her parents, I stepped in.

I roasted a pablano, Carmelized some onions, and chopped a chipotle pepper to put in the meat.

Was good. Would eat again.

Local gal sells ridiculously good Mexican food out of a little shop in town. For the most part, it’s awesome.

She makes some picadillo burritos that are the fucking answer, man. They’re so goddamned good. I’ve been dicking around trying to figure out wtf voodoo magic/ virgin sacrifice she puts in those things to make them the root of everything good in the world.

I’ve looked at different recipes for picadillo and they don’t appear to be even close.

If I could get somewhere in the neighborhood, 86 the potatoes, it would yield the best tacos in the history of mankind.

The search continues.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:05 PM 03-14-2021
Hit the Asian fusion spot for lunch today

Cambodian fried chicken with a pickled papaya salad and long beans

Straight fire sandwich but these post-burps are next level

[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:56 PM 03-14-2021
I just added this to my long list of culinary buy it for life purchases. This one was really cheap compared to most.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mennonite 03:03 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Arrowroot

Cool. I'll add it to my shopping list. Thanks!
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:09 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wife has been shirking her taco production responsibilities, so while she’s out visiting her parents, I stepped in.

I roasted a pablano, Carmelized some onions, and chopped a chipotle pepper to put in the meat.

Was good. Would eat again.

Local gal sells ridiculously good Mexican food out of a little shop in town. For the most part, it’s awesome.

She makes some picadillo burritos that are the fucking answer, man. They’re so goddamned good. I’ve been dicking around trying to figure out wtf voodoo magic/ virgin sacrifice she puts in those things to make them the root of everything good in the world.

I’ve looked at different recipes for picadillo and they don’t appear to be even close.

If I could get somewhere in the neighborhood, 86 the potatoes, it would yield the best tacos in the history of mankind.

The search continues.
Ya just can't go wrong with a good ol taco, digging those giant shreds of cheese
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:13 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ya just can't go wrong with a good ol taco, digging those giant shreds of cheese
Yeah. That’s some Sargento Sharp Cheddar. When the wife started buying it I balked at the high dollar cheese. But it’s legitimately better.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:54 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. That’s some Sargento Sharp Cheddar. When the wife started buying it I balked at the high dollar cheese. But it’s legitimately better.

Do you live near a Food Lion by any chance? Their store brand cheddar cheese is an incredible value. IMO, the taste is as good as Boar's Head or Cracker Barrel cheddar, but at a fraction of the cost. I buy the 8oz unsliced blocks for $2.00.

^This only applies to their cheddar and maybe their jalapeno jack. After that I'm stuck with paying 11 bucks a pound for Boar's Head.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:30 PM 03-14-2021
Do you live near a Food Lion by any chance? Their store brand cheddar cheese is an incredible value. IMO, the taste is as good as Boar's Head or Cracker Barrel cheddar, but at a fraction of the cost. I buy the 8oz unsliced blocks for $2.00.

^This only applies to their cheddar and maybe their jalapeno jack. After that I'm stuck with paying 11 bucks a pound for Boar's Head.
I live in fucking nowhere.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:05 PM 03-14-2021
That looks fucking great. I do miss the windy city if just for just the food alone. but the fucking rent would choke a horse. I used to head out the buildings front door and even in the eighties 2 blocks and there was good food and booze. Now with the brew scene, I need to make a pleasure week tour of breweries.

Last time I was there was in April and had a quick visit in Des Plaines and was out of there. Fucking scary shit.

Reservations for brews huh?

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Hit the Asian fusion spot for lunch today

Cambodian fried chicken with a pickled papaya salad and long beans

Straight fire sandwich but these post-burps are next level

[Reply]
Page 1080 of 1208
« First < 805809801030107010761077107810791080 1081108210831084109011301180 > Last »
Up