ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 205
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Mecca 02:47 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Hopefully the boycott spreads and kills off the league.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Well what a lovely thing to wish for.
KCUnited 02:47 PM 08-26-2020
Shorting Orlando stripclub stock
Mecca 02:48 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If the NBA had leadership with a backbone, they would end Milwaukee’s season now and kick them out of the playoffs.

What a disgrace.
Yea lets boot a league MVP and one of the legit contenders, good stance. That would probably piss off all of the other teams, it would lead to lots of great things I'm sure.
FloridaMan88 02:49 PM 08-26-2020
The NBA’s TV ratings were tanking before this.
BWillie 02:49 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What was the best shot?
Any NBA player who has an open shot. At the start of LeBron's career I lauded him because he would pass to the wide open guy at the end of games for game winners or game tying possessions. The media crucified him because they are idiots. Now if you watch LeBron, he will almost always do the Kobe and force up a shot in the final possession because he's the "star". He got so much shit for being "afraid" to take the big shot. It had nothing to do with that. It had everything to do with seeing the soft spots of the defense & attack it. If there is ANYTHING you should do at the end of the game, it's exploit the defenses tendencies to double team & front the star player from beating you. Kick it to the the wide open role player for the better shot if you have to.

People always thought of Kobe as being clutch at the end of games. There was a case study I read years ago about Kobe (RIP) and he was one of the worst players in final possessions of games. You just remembered all the games he won because he was always the one shooting it and had more chances than anymore else. There was a ton of games he put up a brick and they lost or went to OT.
Dayze 02:50 PM 08-26-2020
I'll wait for Shaq's mumbled political take on this.
Mecca 02:50 PM 08-26-2020
Rockets and Thunder are also boycotting.
tk13 02:52 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Rockets and Thunder are also boycotting.
There's no way any other NBA team plays tonight.

The real question is whether it bleeds into baseball and football. A superstar athlete like Giannis doing it takes a lot of pressure off other athletes to be the first to make the call.
staylor26 02:52 PM 08-26-2020
:-)

Get woke go broke playing out in front of us
BWillie 02:53 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I imagine we won't be seeing any more NBA games today. And possibly for the rest of the week. Maybe longer?

I'm so fascinated to see what Silver does here because he works for the owners after all and they (along with the advertisers) need these games to be played. The NBA would have the ability to break up the CBA if they chose to.
Police reform needs to happen, but for alot of the target demo age 15-30 they grew up in an era where it was not only virtuous to protest, but also trendy & social media buzz worthy. I'm afraid SOME of this response is due to reward seeking behavior.

When I grew up, if there was social media like there is now it would be all about what party are you at? What concert did you go to? What sporting event did you go to etc? Nowadays, it's rewarding to those who post things of what protest they were at. That can be good, but it can also not be genuine thought or reasonable thought process of said protest.

For example, George Floyd is a more reasonable case to protest compared to Michael Brown. Even with George Floyd we are just assuming it was racism because it was a black man. We should wait until we KNOW it was and let the investigations take place and THEN act accordingly.

When the largest determining factor in being shot by the police is sex, and not race, I feel the angst & response is not consistent with the volume of atrocity. There are plenty of atrocities, even racial ones, that take more lives than police shootings that we could focus on as well that as a whole would save more lives and invoke more cultural & socioeconomic change.
staylor26 02:53 PM 08-26-2020
Let’s sit out for career criminals that resist arrest, but ignore the kids that died as a direct result of the riots for said career criminals. Not to mention the fanning of the flames for MORE rioting and deaths.

Mecca 02:54 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
There's no way any other NBA team plays tonight.

The real question is whether it bleeds into baseball and football. A superstar athlete like Giannis doing it takes a lot of pressure off other athletes to be the first to make the call.
Pretty much, the NBA is 100% a players league so they have more pull than any of the others.
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
False.

It's pretty clear that you do not live in an NBA town. I DO and the Lakers are KING's in Los Angeles.

Why do you think the Garden is packed even though the Knicks haven't been relevant in more than 20 years?
You’ve already acknowledged the hive mind in LA.
carcosa 02:55 PM 08-26-2020
Go Bucks.
FloridaMan88 02:55 PM 08-26-2020
Remember when LeBron James said this about Daryl Morey’s tweet in support of the Hong Kong protestors...

Link: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hina-hong-kong

Originally Posted by :
So many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and say and we do, even though, yes, we do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that, too."
Page 168 of 205
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178 > Last »
Up