ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Hall of Classics>Starting the Season off with a Bang - Literally
Frazod 08:15 AM 09-11-2005
OMFG - after staying up until 4:00 a.m. farting around on the computer, I was rudely awakened by the burglar alarm about ten minutes ago. Grabbed the .38 and charged downstairs to find the door to the garage slightly ajar. Cocked the .38, pulled the door open. Nothing there.

My wife hadn't checked to make sure the door was closed when she activated the alarm, and one of the cats had pawed the door open. It's happened before. :-)

Unfortunately, what hadn't happened before is me, tired and freaked out, having my thumb slip off the hammer of the .38 when I was trying to uncock it. Just shot a f#cking hole through the wall in the hallway which exited through the pantry door onto the kitchen floor. :-)

Shit.

:-)

So I've had four hours of sleep, my ears are still ringing from the alarm and the gunshot, I just shot up my own f#cking house, and no way am I going to be able to go back to sleep now.

Sure hope my day improves with a Chiefs victory.

That is all.

:-)
[Reply]
CHIEF4EVER 04:36 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by The Buddha:
a .38 is considered good for home defense. You don't need a magnum for something intended for shots within five yards.

A lot of people would say a .380 is even good, cause it allows for minimum recoil, keeping you on target. If you somehow miss with your first shot, you want to be able to get that gun back down and on the person as fast as possible.

But in the end, its the piece you're most comfortable with.
Apparently you missed the smiley. I was razzing him....a bit of fun. Personally, I prefer a .45
[Reply]
The Buddha 04:38 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by CHIEF4EVER:
Apparently you missed the smiley. I was razzing him....a bit of fun. Personally, I prefer a .45
I did miss the smiley. And a .45 is a good choice, IMO. Knockdown rates are 100%, meaning even if some amphetamine-head happens to threaten you, he's still going down.

Cause if any of you have ever seen a meth head get hurt, its crazy. They can get their hand cut off, and they'll keep going. I'm not going to lie and say I've had first-hand experience, but I've seen enough videos, and heard enough stories from my paramedic aunt that I'm convinced.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:25 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by The Buddha:
I did miss the smiley. And a .45 is a good choice, IMO. Knockdown rates are 100%, meaning even if some amphetamine-head happens to threaten you, he's still going down.

Cause if any of you have ever seen a meth head get hurt, its crazy. They can get their hand cut off, and they'll keep going. I'm not going to lie and say I've had first-hand experience, but I've seen enough videos, and heard enough stories from my paramedic aunt that I'm convinced.
Then you either learn the Mozambique drill, or buy a 12 gauge pump with an 18" barrel.

No methhead is going to be able to withstand the hydrostatic shock from #4 buckshot.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:34 AM 03-03-2009
I started reading this thread thinking "AGAIN???"

sigh.

I shouldn't smoke in the morning.
[Reply]
Pioli Zombie 08:29 AM 03-03-2009
At least he didn't shoot lassie

We'll see how many SNL fans we have with that reference.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bkkcoh 08:33 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie:
At least he didn't shoot lassie

We'll see how many SNL fans we have with that reference.
Posted via Mobile Device
but the kitty would have been ok. it would have taught it a lesson......

j/k
[Reply]
Pioli Zombie 08:37 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by bkkcoh:
but the kitty would have been ok. it would have taught it a lesson......

j/k
Posted via Mobile Device

He wiped his ass with the american flag!!! And he shot lassie!!!
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:39 AM 03-03-2009
Bump, I'm glad he did, I missed it when it came out.

Tim, you got any hunting trips planned with Dick Cheney ?
[Reply]
patteeu 08:42 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
If I don't win the Planet Dumbass of the Week Award...
Of the week? Understatement of that week, maybe. You don't give yourself enough credit. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:23 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Of the week? Understatement of that week, maybe. You don't give yourself enough credit. :-)
I suppose you'd hide under the bed and send your wife down to investigate the alarm.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:39 AM 03-03-2009
I suppose you'd hide under the bed and send your wife down to investigate the alarm.
Probably. And I'd use my kids as shields too.
[Reply]
StcChief 10:02 AM 03-03-2009
damn cats... I check all entrances before set alarm.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:42 AM 03-03-2009
I'd actually been thinking about this, since we're having the house painted this week. The walls in the kitchen will now be a darker color, even though the hole is near the bottom of the side of the door, I think it will stand out more now. Probably time to fill in the hole and paint it over before my mother-in-law notices it.

Never thought I'd have to bondo my refrigerator. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:46 AM 03-03-2009
Never thought I'd have to bondo my refrigerator. :-)
The Shitcrickers of America approve this message.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:55 AM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Shitcrickers of America approve this message.
Thanks, buddy. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up