ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 120
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:10 PM 12-04-2023
Haven't we known that pretty much back to the All Star Break?

Or is this more of a "We are GOING to deal him, if only for a relief arm in High A and some salary relief..." sort of thing? Because I guess that would be a little different.

I do think many people fail to recognize the impact he has defensively. The outfield defense is CLEARLY better when he's out there. By a ton. He's a differencemaker defensively even when he isn't hitting. Even if he's replacement level offensively, he's a 2 WAR player, IMO, because of the defense. He's probably the best defensive LFer in baseball.

I think they're making a mistake just casting that out. But I think they make a LOT of mistakes so that's not really surprising.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:19 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
At this point what can they get for him? Sone A ball lottery ticket 3rd basemen?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:40 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Haven't we known that pretty much back to the All Star Break?

Or is this more of a "We are GOING to deal him, if only for a relief arm in High A and some salary relief..." sort of thing? Because I guess that would be a little different.

I do think many people fail to recognize the impact he has defensively. The outfield defense is CLEARLY better when he's out there. By a ton. He's a differencemaker defensively even when he isn't hitting. Even if he's replacement level offensively, he's a 2 WAR player, IMO, because of the defense. He's probably the best defensive LFer in baseball.

I think they're making a mistake just casting that out. But I think they make a LOT of mistakes so that's not really surprising.
I've been pimping for the Royals to trade for him. He can play outfield at Kauffman and give a solid right hand bat even if he is made out of glass vagina
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I've been pimping for the Royals to trade for him. He can play outfield at Kauffman and give a solid right hand bat even if he is made out of glass vagina
80 grade raw power will play even at Kaufman.

Dude doesn't hit wall-scrapers. When he hits 'em, they stay hit. And his defense in that big OF of yours would be nice.

That said, he's a pump and dump candidate for someone. He's going to have depressed counting stats in KC even if he stays healthy. Is that worthwhile for y'all?

I figure any pending FA you trade for is because you think you can rehab his value and flip him for a younger asset as part of the rebuild. How would O'Neill really fit that model?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:04 PM 12-04-2023
80 grade raw power will play even at Kaufman.

Dude doesn't hit wall-scrapers. When he hits 'em, they stay hit. And his defense in that big OF of yours would be nice.

That said, he's a pump and dump candidate for someone. He's going to have depressed counting stats in KC even if he stays healthy. Is that worthwhile for y'all?

I figure any pending FA you trade for is because you think you can rehab his value and flip him for a younger asset as part of the rebuild. How would O'Neill really fit that model?
His defense, potential bat, along with age and salary I think its worth it for the Royals.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:09 PM 12-05-2023
Old friend alert

Pirates acquire LHP Marco Gonzales from Braves in trade @JeffPassan @Ken_Rosenthal

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 6, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:12 PM 12-06-2023
DJ - STL media on the O'Neil to Royals rumors now

Also on the ����front: I believe Ben Fred mentioned this in his chat yesterday, but count the Kansas City Royals among the teams with interest in Tyler O’Neill.

— Jeff Jones (@jmjones) December 6, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:23 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
DJ - STL media on the O'Neil to Royals rumors now
I never can tell with y'all - do you guys hate Scott Barlow at the moment? Or are you friends again? Or did you already trade him?

Mozeliak is looking for a reliever and we already have guys that can put up a 6 ERA. Who you got?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:32 PM 12-06-2023
I never can tell with y'all - do you guys hate Scott Barlow at the moment? Or are you friends again? Or did you already trade him?

Mozeliak is looking for a reliever and we already have guys that can put up a 6 ERA. Who you got?
Barlow is gone, traded him to San Diego. The Fathers just traded him to Cleveland.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:38 PM 12-06-2023

Oli Marmol had best start 20-5 next season. https://t.co/wYpERMJt7l

— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) December 6, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 12:54 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
This is one of the most transparent attempts to garner undeserved fan support I've ever seen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:23 PM 12-06-2023

Nice. #STLCards pic.twitter.com/Z1P5jLmN77

— Jim Hayes (@TheCatOnBallyTV) December 6, 2023

[Reply]
bdj23 01:27 PM 12-06-2023
Muh nostalgia

These guys are pathetic
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This is one of the most transparent attempts to garner undeserved fan support I've ever seen.
I'm sure it's not a no-show gig designed to stoke fan goodwill.

This team is clearly above such shenanigans.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:19 PM 12-06-2023
I'm sure it's not a no-show gig designed to stoke fan goodwill.

This team is clearly above such shenanigans.

[Reply]
Page 105 of 120
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Up